DeusDoom: Augmentations is a mod that adds augmentation mechanics from Deus Ex game into Doom.
These mechanics include:
- Choosing between and installing augmentations.
- Upgrading augmentations.
- Managing bioelectric energy.
- Fighting monsters that also have augmentations and also manage bioelectric energy (can be disabled).
Haven't played Deus Ex before?
Nothing to worry about. You can always find out what this game is, and basic mechanics are pretty simple.
Augmentations, once installed, can be activated to provide player with various positive effects in exchange of using bioelectric energy.
This mod adds 4 kinds of items:
- Augmentation canister. You can pick it up, then open augmentations interface and install one of two augmentations it contains. Once you install an augmentation, it's slot will be completely occupied, so choose wisely!
- Augmentation upgrade canister. You can use these to increase level of your augmentations; Some augmentations like Synthetic Heart cannot be leveled up.
- Bioelectric cell. All augmentations require (and consume) bioelectric energy to function (which is internal, ammo-like resource). You can replenish said energy by using bioelectric cells through augmentations interface.
- Legendary augmentation upgrade canister. The most rare item as of now, it can further upgrade level 4 augmentations to unlock entirely new, additional functionality and push them to their limit.
Spoiler:Video trailer (super outdated):
- Image/audio assets, mod idea:
- Deus Ex
Special thanks to:
- Yholl - extensive playtesting, finding bugs, suggesting ideas
- KeksDose - for making wonderful libeye code library viewtopic.php?f=105&t=64566#p1102157
- KarolineDianne - suggesting ideas
- ZikShadow - extensive playtesting
- josh771 - graphical assets
- Sledge - suggesting ideas
- D2Icarus - finding a very interesting bug
- IKA - finding a bug
- Ryuhi - suggesting ideas
- silentw - playtesting
- Doomguy914 - finding a typo
- Kneight - finding a bug
First of all, make sure you have configured your hotkeys. Also, you change item rarity values according to mapset you're playing on. If you would like to report a bug, please make a screenshot, especially of a crash message if there was any, and also describe what you were doing when this bug happened (or even provide a save file, if you're so generous). ALSO, DONT REPORT ISSUES WITH HDEST BEFORE TRYING TO UPDATE THE COMPATIBILITY PATCH.
Known bugs/issues (check before playing or reporting issues):
- Compatible only with GZDoom (not even LZDoom).
- Default settings for progression are not that great, and there are no presets for any kind of mapsets yet (like 6-level episodes, 9-level episodes, 32 level megaWADs, 14 level megaWADs, STRIFE-like hubs).
- No specific support for Hexen.
- Better documentation and error messages for DDRGLIST lumps.
- Death Strider: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqvofsuvhuxxf ... r.zip?dl=0
Load after [DeusDoom: Core] and after Death Strider.
The latest version: https://github.com/cyberc001/deusdoom-a ... master.zip
DeusDoom core (load before DeusDoom augmentations): https://github.com/cyberc001/deusdoom-c ... master.zip
Github repository: https://github.com/cyberc001/deusdoom-augmentations
DeusDoom core Github repository: https://github.com/cyberc001/deusdoom-core