Hi! I'm AlphaEnt2 and i've been modding Doom for the past +12 years.
Almost never post on these forums, mostly because language barrier.
That being said, I kinda want to show in here a mod that's about to receive a major update and i've been working on it the past year and a half.
And it was also sort of "blessed" by NewBlood and the creator of Dusk himself.
But, what is Doosk?
In a nutshell, it's a mod that takes most of the elements from the game Dusk, like weapons and movement mechanics and ports them into Doom.
Ok, so it's basically a weapons mod, gotcha.
But what can I expect from this mod on its current state?
* All current weapons from dusk sdk (yup, including the cigar)
* Most weapons mechanics were recreated, like rivetjump, mortar altfire, crossbow going through walls and sickles deflection.
* Optional high resolution sprites for weapons. (360p/720p sprites)
* Compatibility with several sourceports (GZDoom>1.8.6/LZDoom/Zandronum 3.0/D-Touch)
* An accurate recreation of the HUD from dusk. Works on several aspect ratios.
* Optional achievements, for the sake of extra challenge and bragging rights.
* A flashlight, so you can see in the dark. There are 2 variants, based on which version of the sourceport you're using.
* An optional intruder mode, so you can pistol start all maps. Plus, several other mutators that modifies the way the game is played.
* Throwable explosive/wood barrels. Soap can be trown too, if you manage to find one. There are random chaces to appear, soap can only be used inside the level it was found.
* A cool recreation of the Dusk movement mechanics for modern sourceports, made by Ivory Duke.
* Custom powerups, like stackable fast fire totems, and blistering heat (aka superhot powerup, the last one also made by Ivory Duke)
* Optional Dusk (and some original) cheats that works when written on the console. it's a gimmick, but still a nice touch.
* Compatiblity with Heretic. Because Doom wasn't enough.
* Compatibility with Zandronum/Multiplayer and qcde mappack. Enjoy the frenzy with friends.
* Custom bots with dialogue written for the mod. Some of them are even cameos =P
* Optional Dusk ambience music, to enhace the mood. Tracks can be played at random but you can also pick the one you want to repeat on each map.
* Weapons and monsters were balanced akin to Doom, so weapons won't feel too op on vanilla monsters and viceversa.
This approach also helps to keep the standalone monsters balanced. (more info below)
* Alternate download with pk3 files only, for those who have issues loading the mod with batch files.
* Custom monsters ripped from Dusk, ported into Doom, made for this mod. (+25 monsters. Quite an experience)
* A separate Standalone versions of the monsters, so you can play with them without Doosk.
* An accurate gore behaviour, akin to dusk. Heavily influenced by Nashgore.
* Optional models for monsters and pickups. NewBlood gave me the tools to extract the models directly from Unity, so I have to convert them into something usable for GZDoom. (additional modeldefs help for some monsters by JD-513)
* Additional skill settings, so you can select between regular Doom and Dusk monsters from main menu.
* The biggest John you've ever seen yet!
Overall, a pretty solid experience. But would you believe me when I say that despite all that, the mod isn't over yet!
This is a list of some of the upcoming features planned for the future:
(Click on the show button to reveal info)
Ok, I'm in. Where's the download link?
Well, here they are:
Download Doosk (Current version: Manteinance update 03 V0.94)
Alternate link: Files only
Optional standalone monsters to play with vanilla doom/heretic and other mod's
And the optional hi res weapons for those with better computers: Pick only one...
Optional 360p weapon sprites
Optional 720p weapon sprites
I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I've enjoyed making it. AlphaEnt2.
PS: Monsters updates should come anytime soon. Feel free to wait until next update to give the mod a try. Or try it now and replay it again once monsters are out =P