Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Post by Endie »

Hellrider is a Work in Progress gameplay enhancement mod that puts you in the shoes of Rachel "Hellrider" Williams, an angry lady who has a certain affinity with firearms in general.

• The mod offers:

• Fast Paced Gameplay
    Everything is faster, everything is deadlier, you move fast, you kill fast, you die fast.

Swift, advanced movement
    In Hellrider, you are agile, and also capable of performing advanced movement stunts, those being sliding, double jumping and even wall running!

Punchy audio and visuals
    I tried to make every weapon or attack, and any interactions with the world around you as satisfying as possible, so you have loud boom noises when you fire your gun, sparks flying everywhere if you hit a wall, smoke goes out of the barrel of your gun. In short, everything sort of 'pops'

Varied arsenal
    I made sure to include all kinds of weapons, without cluttering the arsenal. Every weapon has it's function, and none should get redundant even if you get more powerful ones. You can make combos, get up close and personal with shotguns or snipe them from a far with your sniper rifle, it's up to you!

• This is important, good portion of Hellrider's fun lies on the advanced movement and the implementation of modern commands.

Hellrider have several keybinds, all of them for a specific function such as sliding, reloading, performing quick melee attacks and throwing grenades. MAKE SURE TO BIND THESE KEYS in order to fully enjoy the mod
Spoiler: Starting weapons
Spoiler: More videos!
  • The mod requires at least GZDoom 4.5.0, and will NOT run in LZDoom for now as it lacks the A_RotateOverlay function.

There are no new monsters, since it's mostly a weapons/character mod. Feel free to use your favorite monster pack, use Vanilla monsters, or grab one here

Enough reading? Grab it NOW! (or don't, it's your choice really)

Spoiler: Awesome people
Last edited by Endie on Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 18 times in total.
PatCatz2004

Re: Hellrider v0.6 - Swift demon killing!

Post by PatCatz2004 »

LETS DO THIS!

EDIT: WHOA! NOICE MOD! Maybe Add in Grenades/Molotoves since I havent seen those in other DooM mods
Last edited by PatCatz2004 on Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

I love how this plays and looks, really good start here. Looking forward to see more
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Said it before and will say it now: This is far more solid and fluid than Slayer's Rampage, because it has way more freedom to wander between ideas. PM me whenever needed.

P.S.: some pickups and ammos need small scale tweaks, go for some vanilla pickups as a comparison. Other than that, this is wonderful.
Oniichangoddess

Post by Oniichangoddess »

Good mod Moa! Sound design is well done too! ^~^
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

The zoomed fire of the Warhead Launcher doesn't use ammo.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

It should definitely need more polish though, but considering this is an early release, it's alright. But otherwise, the mod is pretty good.
Techy_koi

Post by Techy_koi »

What's the first map? It kinda looks like E-Day can you give the name cuz I wanna try it, also great mod here it has it's minor faults but overall this a great f****** mod!! Keep it up man!
Endie

Post by Endie »

Wow, that's a lot of replies in such short amount of time!
and even though i wasn't expecting this, i'm really happy with the reception
PatCatz2004 wrote:EDIT: WHOA! NOICE MOD! Maybe Add in Grenades/Molotoves since I havent seen those in other DooM mods
Thanks! and yeah, grenades are on my todo list, so expect something soon
Toberone wrote:I love how this plays and looks, really good start here. Looking forward to see more
I'm glad to know that, thank you
Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Said it before and will say it now: This is far more solid and fluid than Slayer's Rampage, because it has way more freedom to wander between ideas. PM me whenever needed.

P.S.: some pickups and ammos need small scale tweaks, go for some vanilla pickups as a comparison. Other than that, this is wonderful.
Copy that, i'll try to scale them correctly, then again, thank you for providing the ammo pickup sprites, they look really good in game
Oniichangoddess wrote:Good mod Moa! Sound design is well done too! ^~^
Ac!d wrote:The zoomed fire of the Warhead Launcher doesn't use ammo.
Got it, thanks for reporting
TheNightATK300 wrote:It should definitely need more polish though, but considering this is an early release, it's alright. But otherwise, the mod is pretty good.
Thank you, would you please explain a bit more, like, where it needs to be polished? i'd really like to improve the mod as much as possible, but i need to know where to start
Techy_koi wrote:What's the first map? It kinda looks like E-Day can you give the name cuz I wanna try it, also great mod here it has it's minor faults but overall this a great f****** mod!! Keep it up man!
Map is Warzone (map 14) from Hell on Earth Starter Pack (Basically a earlier version of Eday)
Again, would you please point where the mod needs to be fixed/improved, so i can work on it? thanks!
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Alright, my two cents: I am going to separate this into two sections: Should be changed and Stylistic Suggestions.

Should be Changed:

Something that I feel SHOULD be changed should be the muzzle flash sprites on the plasma gun replacement. If one is using a crosshair, which I do, the flashes after the fire rate ramps up are almost impossible to get a peripheral vision on enemies when one is focusing on the immediate left and right on the crosshair. My suggestion would be to slow down the fire rate of this weapon, shrink down the muzzle flash sprites, and get rid of the chaingun-like start up for the fire rate of the plasma gun, as burst firing to compensate for these muzzle flashes would be annoying due to the changes in fire rate speed.

Stylistic Suggestions:

The way this mod feels in execution in my book should have more weapons that do ADS. If there are controls for all weapons for ADS, please inform me. Another suggestion would be the option to remove reloads if someone wanted to play slaughterwads as reloading with this mod makes these maps harder to go through.
NeonNotsky

Post by NeonNotsky »

Do you have a non-google drive link? The mod looks fun!
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

I should adress a save file error: Half of the time I load up a save file, its normal. The other time I began to have an error, can you fix it?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

u made the hold down ads feel good! great job!
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Oh my God. This is great! Definitely this mod is a keeper. The feeling when firing the guns is comparable to Doom Incarnate or Trailblazer, and that is a compliment in my book.

Questions:
1. Why is the H&K held in such a weird way? I actually prefer the DEagle just because of this.

Requests/Suggestions:
1. An option to turn off/scale the weapon recoil would be great. It's weird that all the guns have recoil, but the minigun doesn't.
2. Granades would be sweet, but you're already on it.
3. The HUD is simplistic and would benefit from pimping it, adding more ammo info and making it more "tech". Make a patch for NCHud and it will suffice lol
4. More iron sights on the guns, please ^^ The shotguns, the pistols, the SMG, the plasma.
5. The plasma rifle fires (or seems to fire) all over the place. Could be more concentrated, at least visually.
6. An alt-fire for the SSG with firing just one barrel at the time would be cool.
7. I think that integrating Nashgore is not necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love Nashgore, I use it with most things. But let people decide which gore system to use with HR, i.e. when someone prefers Bolognese or Droplets. If anything, integrate Nash's Less Slippery Movement.
8. I think I would move the Barrett to slot 5, but maybe that's just me.
9. I would make the shrapnel from the rocket launcher and the BFG equivalent not hurt the player.
10. Spent casings sounds! ^^

But the mod is great even now! I love that the slide move is also an attack. Thank you for your work and keep it up! <3

EDIT:
There's this mod called Hell Raider: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55742
That one and yours may get confused with. Do with this what you will ^^

EDIT 2:
The hatchet doesn't leave any hit marks on walls etc. Maybe you could add them.
Vanilla barrel explosions are too weak for this mod lol. Pimp them please! xD
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Yebudoom wrote:Why is the H&K held in such a weird way? I actually prefer the DEagle just because of this.
Did you even read the OP? It's based on a real life shooting style called "Center Axis Relock". It's the signature style of John Wick, from the movies of the same name, if you need a reference.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”