[Sounds] CturiX's Madness Combat Gunshot & Melee SFX

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
EddieMann

[Sounds] CturiX's Madness Combat Gunshot & Melee SFX

Post by EddieMann »

Somewhere In Nevada...

...NOW IN HELL!

Show of hands, how many of you still remember this violent ol' webseries from time's past?
Spoiler: Just to catch you up, since he's made more episodes
And you may ask yourself,
"What if I brought that same Madness to Hell's gate?"

Thanks to a certain friend's help, I have the answer!
Recently, I got in touch with the sound engineer—CturiX Kemilon—who was generous enough to give me an entire motherlode of sound effects to use! This included everything from the old flash-era stuff without the auditory crust, to the sounds featured in the new Deadmos episodes and even the long awaited 11th episode, and plenty more. These sounds are mostly gunshots of different kinds, with plenty of foley sounds, mag in/mag out, ricochets, bullet impacts and bolt fiddlin', not to mention meaty melee noises - swingin', hittin', hefty punches and missing as well, but those are in Scrapbook! Do note, there's some unrelated junk around in there, so I took the courtesy of jumping to the big folders with the goodies. (I asked him if it was fine if I sent his beautiful work out to be utilized for moddan purposes and potentially get popular, he was giddy and told me to go nuts with it!)
so yes, I have permission from him.
This is the link he sent me, which contains everything below and a little bit more, shitposts included;
DOWNLOAD ALL THE SOUNDS—ZIP, 579MB

These links have the Madness sounds, from Avenger to DISSENTER and all in between;
DOWNLOAD NEW OFFICIAL (Sounds used in newer episodes) —ZIP, 156MB)
DOWNLOAD OLD OFFICIAL (Sounds used in the old episodes) — ZIP, 107MB

This here is where most of the non-gun sounds are, although there's plenty of gun sounds there.
DOWNLOAD "SCRAPBOOK!" (this is where all the misc stuff is) — ZIP, 211MB

EDIT: While Old official is sourced and edited from a multitude of games, they're edited enough to be legally usable in mods. Typical Creative Commons license.
Credit goes to CturiX for the sound engineering and design.
Last edited by EddieMann on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Sounds] CturiX's Madness Combat Gunshot & Melee SFX

Post by Caligari87 »

Are these all original? Were they sourced from somewhere else and then edited? What's the specific license?

8-)
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Caligari87 wrote:Are these all original? Were they sourced from somewhere else and then edited? What's the specific license?

8-)
Old official (AKA Flash-era madness combat sounds) are simply edited sounds from old FPS games, whereas new official and Scrapbook! are entirely his own work. I believe that would make it BY-NC-SA, but i'm not a lawyer.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

For it to be properly Creative Commons, the original author must have licensed it that way themselves. And even then, you'd better hope they didn't flag it "no derivative."
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

wildweasel wrote:For it to be properly Creative Commons, the original author must have licensed it that way themselves. And even then, you'd better hope they didn't flag it "no derivative."
I've spoken with him and he said he licensed all of these sounds as Creative Commons himself - I don't see what legally differentiates old madness from the various other assets posted in this forum, considering the old madness sounds have been repurposed from their source materials and used plenty in madness fan animations on Newgrounds (and that he gave me permission to post all of these for everyone to use), which isn't totally unlike what everyone does here; Though, I don't think anyone's going to ever use these for commercial projects.

Return to “Resources”