Moderator: GZDoom Developers
- Posts: 8094
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:55 pm
I know there are far bigger things to be worried about. I don't even care if action is actually taken or not. I figured it's so trivial that it probably didn't even occur to anyone that most messenger fields people can still fill out have actually ceased existence:
- Windows/MSN Messenger (became Skype)
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- Yahoo Messenger
Jabber is the only one I'm having difficulty getting confirmation, but a registration site that says it's temporarily disabled way back in 2015 looks like a damn good indicator it too has died.
Just thought I'd point these out.
- Moderator Team Lead
- Posts: 21519
- Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
- Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
- Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, 21H1
- Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
As far as I know, there is no way to disable these fields via the Admin Control Panel. We would need to modify the board software manually.
- Posts: 2879
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:07 am
- Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Major Cooke wrote:Jabber is the only one I'm having difficulty getting confirmation, but a registration site that says it's temporarily disabled way back in 2015 looks like a damn good indicator it too has died.
Jabber is an open protocol, which anyone can create servers for. I know its still used by Google/GTalk. How many people still care to use it, though, is anyone's guess.