Satanic Gameshow Deluxe is a gameplay mod for GZDoom that I've been working on over the past several weeks. This is actually my first attempt at making a gameplay mod, at least on this scale. After almost 10 years of making maps for one of my favorite games of all time, trying something different has been kinda scary and exciting in equal amounts.
One of the two core features in Satanic Gameshow Deluxe is a "feat"-based weapon upgrade system: by killing a certain number of a specific enemy, the player gets an upgrade for one of the 10 custom weapons in the mod. The other core feature is something I believe hasn't been done in a Doom gameplay mod before: finishers á la Wrack. (Do correct me if I'm wrong on this one, though.) That is, the player gains "finisher tokens" from killing numbers of enemies in quick succession, and with enough of said "finisher tokens", a devastating special attack can be used. Each weapon has 3 different finishers.
- A brand new weapon set - Wield 10 distinct, powerful weapons, such as the Minigun, Flamethrower and Dark Matter Cannon.
- New powerups - Stun your foes with the Holy Water Grenade, or turn into an unstoppable killing machine with the Demonizer Orb.
- Wrack-style finishers - Kill numbers of enemies in quick succession to build up and unleash devastating special attacks.
- Feat-based weapon upgrade system - Take down numbers of specific enemies to obtain 13 different weapon upgrades.
- More aggressive and lethal enemies - Enemies have been given metaphorical steroids in various ways: for instance, most projectile-based enemies fire faster projectiles.
- Customizable enemy behavior - Turn those annoying hitscans into visible projectiles, have enemies wander around upon spawning, etc.
Satanic Gameshow Deluxe requires GZDoom 4.5.0 at a minimum to run. It is designed to be played with any commercial Doom IWAD. Compatibility with any other IWADs is neither guaranteed nor planned.
Spoiler:DOWNLOADS AND OTHER LINKS
LATEST VERSION (v2.0):
ModDB | GitHub
D64D2 Compat Patch
Eviternity Compat Patch
Compat patch repository