PATCHES WILL NEVER BE UPDATED, IF YOU WANT THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN.
YOU ARE FREE TO POPULATE THE COMMENTS WITH PATCHES OF YOUR MAKING.
ZMovement is a mod whose goal is providing players with extensive movement customization.
Furthermore, in the main release there are extra txt files containing the different movement modes separated for modders who are looking to plug one of them into their mods.
GZDOOM 3.8.0 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED
How does it work?
- chose a movement style, and decide how tight/slidey you want the friction to be. You can choose between Build Engine, Dusk, Painkiller, Quake, and UT;
- turn on whatever optional feature you want to add. We have double jumps, Quake 2 style ramp jumps, ground dashes, air dashes, crouchslides (traditional or Quake style), UT style elevator jumps, walljumps, wallslides, and grappling hooks;
- best of all, all of these are customizable through the extensive menu options and sliders.
IMPORTANT: this mod ignores whatever are the jumping, crouching, and mouselook settings of the mapset you are going to load with it and makes them on by default.
Be responsable and do not sequence break map. Cool kidz play maps the way their creator intended them to be played.
All of the included movement modes are not meant to be an 100% identical to the original games. Of course this is not an excuse for whatever behaviors I might have missed to port and/or whichever bugs you might run into.
When using Painkiller movement it is possible to execute trick jump like in the original. Although they are really hard to pull off.
Check the spoiler for a video of a pro player showcasing them.
Spoiler:RESET TO DEFAULT VALUES THROUGH THE DEDICATED BIND AFTER UPDATING!
As mentioned in the title this is most likely the final version of ZMovement unless other non minor bugs are discovered (which you are free to report without hesitation).
Since this is where people are most likely to actually read what I write I take the opportunity to thank everybody who has been following and supported this project of mine. Being featured in the DoomWorld Minimod safari was a very welcome surprise.
If you want to use ZMovement with your mod you are free to do so but please do not just copy paste the files for two reasons:
1 - it's never good to blindly copy-paste code you have little to no understanding of;
2 - many decisions that have been made in coding this mod are a consequence of the fact that I had to allow customization of almost all of its components. A focused rewrite of the code into a customization free version that reflects your desired vision will be much more lightweight and efficent than just using it as is. That said I do not take responsibilities if things break due to your editing.
Changelog 3.2 - 3.2.1
Code: Select all
- lowered Doom air control (by a lot) to be more faithful to both Doom 2 and 4 (sorry Doom 3, once again nobody cares about you even if you were a decent horror fps);
- slightly reworked the dash cooling logic to allow air dash shortly after a wall jump;
- you can no longer double jump right when you dash, and at least 5 tics have to pass after a jump or dash before you can execute a double jump;
- rewritten the speedometer to be always displayed near the center of the screen and not show up during Titlemaps;
- the menu tooltip now disappears for 2 seconds after you click the mouse or keys to change the option value.
- fixed automatically double jumping after dropping off a ledge if auto jump is turned off and if jump is pressed;
- fixed being unable to use AirDash if WallJump is turned on as well;
- fixed ledge grabbing glitching out when trying to back out of thin ledges (partial logic rewrite);
- fixed Quake ground movement having abnormal circle jumping acceleration with certain friction values;
- fixed weapon sprites sway and offset glitching out with certain weapons.
- added option to have a more Quake like wall friction;
- new-ish option menu, now the tooltip is displayed near your mouse pointer after it has been on top of the option label for a second.
- general optimization, partly thanks to functions I previously did not know existed (SetPos(), SetXYZ(), CheckMove() etc. etc.) but mostly because of generally improved knowledge;
- total rework of the bobbing logic to be more lightweight and not behave differently depending on the framerate;
- removed a few redundant or useless cvars.
- fixed jumping acting janky on 3D slopes less steep than 45 degress;
- fixed crouch toggle not working;
- fixed AirDash not granting speed boost for Dusk, Painkiller, and Quake movement modes;
- fixed player being shot in a bottomless black void when using Quake Movement when releasing all directional inputs after moving against a convex corner.
It will be released eventually, when I have time to properly work on it and when I am happy with the result.
In the meantime
GET MOD PATCHES HERE
Mod patches are standalone and do not require ZMovement to be loaded together.
D4T, TrailBlazer (currently not updated to the new 1.5 version, wait a few days for that), GMOTA, High Noon Drifter, Smooth Doom, QC:DE.
QC:DE gets an extra patch marked "accurate" cause I added my Crosshair accurate codebase to the weapons.
Sad your favorite mod is not among the patches I have made? Learn how to make your own patch with this guide.
GUIDE ON HOW TO CREATE A PATCH
Feel free to ask me for help if you can't make things happen.