Noesis and md3

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Apeirogon

Noesis and md3

Post by Apeirogon »

For some reason I cant export fbx model from fbx to md3 in noesis. Every time it "export" something result will contain bones and/or...damaged vertex I think.

Does someone had the same problem? Or noesis require some specific fbx file options.
Cherno

Re: Noesis and md3

Post by Cherno »

Have you tried the MD3 export plugin for Blender? This would at least hint at the source of the problem, i.e. if it's the FBX file or Noesis that's causing trouble. I never had any problems with Noesis but I export my FBXs from 3DS Max.

You could also send me a download link to the FBX file so I can try it out on my side.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Blender and I have some...strained relationship.

I send you max file than, since Im too export fbx from 3ds.
Delete flag if model have it, I dont have time to search texture for it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12WImGx ... C6aN1/view
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

It has to be scaled up ~100x (as a command-line parameter in Noesis itself, or you risk unprecise vertex positions!) and all model parts probably need to be exported and converted separately (exporting the whole scene causes only a rifle to appear in Doom).
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Does this model hit some md3 restrictions? Because I cant say whats wrong, with it.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I would rather say that the problem might be with the way it is organized. Try having one single mesh object with one skin modifier, and export that.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”