When I read that skybox topic here around and checking the wad in this thread, I had another new and interesting idea, as always, so here we go with it
The skybox feature is one of the most amazing features we ever had in a doom sourceport but unfortunately - in my eyes - we don't take the full advantage and power of it. This must be changed because with a good skybox you can incredibly enhance doom maps without even doing much work on the rest of it.
So, what is it all about?!
- Build an atmospheric, incredible and amazing skybox
- Build one single (!) detailed room which takes the full advantage of this skybox
- Be creative, a skybox with beautiful mountains and light effects and heavy detail might be as good as an skybox with simple but innovative ideas!
- Sign up to a free map number (see below)
- You may use new textures(just between TX_)/flats/sprites (don't overwrite originals, use prefixes!)
- Add an exit switch to your room!
- You may add new decorate (objects, no weapons!)
- You may add some self-reference to the room for your skybox! (pic, texture, sector-arrangement)
- You may add new music to the wad but just MIDI files (no MODs or MP3s or OGGs)
- You may add ambient sounds
- You may enter more than one time
- You must upload the wad to some place from where I can get it
- You may post screenshots from your skybox before you release it
- Skeletor (Blu-Tack - http://www.bostik.co.za/stationery/blutack.htm
Why should I participate?
- Because the ZDCMP1 was great!
- Because KDiZD is going to be great!
- Because the Monster Resource wad is great!
- Because I am the Contest-Chief
- Because you are skilled and because you have a great imaginary?!
- Because it won't take much time for you to do this but it will be a lot of fun for all those who play the final wad
After the Contest
- As soon as the contest is over, I will compilate all the skyboxes and resources to one single large map and release it (let's say, it is the "SKYBOX RESOURCE WAD" of the ZDoom community
- Before the official release, I will start a poll to find the winner! A GFX will be added to the final wad so everyone knows which skybox won the contest!
"Sign Up to a Map" List
- This list is just there that I don't have a lot of work later when I am going to compile the megawad!
MAP01 - Jallamann
MAP02 - Vader
MAP03 - Richard213
MAP04 - Wills
MAP05 - Killingblair
MAP06 - MasterOfDeath
MAP07 - Skunk
MAP08 - Tormentor667
MAP09 - cutmanmike
MAP10 - Skeletor
MAP11 - NMN
MAP12 - Grubber
MAP13 - NecroMage
MAP14 - SMG M7
MAP15 - BetaSword
MAP16 - Kirby
MAP17 - DarkLinux
MAP18 - Wad'a'Holic
MAP19 - Tormentor667
MAP20 - Kirby
(more slots will follow if needed)
The contest starts today
and ends on June, 26th 2005
so everyone has about 5 weeks to finish his skybox and the one room in the skybox! Enough time in my eyes, even if you are more than a bit occupied
(yes, I will also enter, although KDiZD has priority