HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Seidolon

HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Post by Seidolon »

Realm of Carnage is a Deathmatch Mappack that consists of 13 levels. Each level is unique in it's own way, whether it be with item re-population, map hazards, secret rewards, etc. The level aesthetics in Realm of Carnage attempt to not stray far from that of original Hexen so you get a classic 1995 feel while playing.

As an added bonus, I created Serpent Arsenal, a small weapon pack for Hexen specifically designed for deathmatch. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this mod, which is why it doesn't have it's own thread. If you want to learn more about that mod look in the dedicated spoiler below. Serpent Arsenal is included in the .zip file with Realm of Carnage.

All maps made by Seidolon except MAP06 and MAP11 which are designed by auratoostronk and touched up by Seidolon.

Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Serpent Arsenal
DOWNLOAD - *removed*
Last edited by Seidolon on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whirledtsar

Re: HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Post by whirledtsar »

Looks great! Where / when do people get together to play Hexen DM?
auratoostronk
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HEXEN: Realm of Carnage [DM MAPS] + Serpent Arsenal

Post by auratoostronk »

fluffyshambler wrote:Looks great! Where / when do people get together to play Hexen DM?
It's not as common as Doom, but there are Hexen servers that you can find using either Doomseeker or Zandronum's built-in server browser. Also, if you want to host one without port-forwarding, there's a handy service at allfearthesentinel.net that I personally use which lets you host servers on their software with nearly any wads. You just need to sign up for an account, which may take a day or two, but super worth it in my opinion. As far as get-togethers, I don't know of any large groups that are hexen-specific, but Zandronum has a discord server where you can probably get together with other people who may be interested.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”