[Brutal Doom 21 RC1] Editing projectiles sprites?

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Vastiny

[Brutal Doom 21 RC1] Editing projectiles sprites?

Post by Vastiny »

Sup, I've been getting into modding GZdoom with Slade and map editing with GZDB - currently I'm attempting to fully edit Brutal Doom's plasma rifle to fire green projectiles into my own pk3 instead of the blue ones present - but I can't for the life of me figure out which sprite graphic Brutal Doom uses for it's Plasma Rifle, I've successfully edited the HUD graphic and all it's frames no problemo together with some nice sound changes, but I'm stopped dead in my tracks trying to find the right sprite graphic for the actual projectile.

I was under the impression I could view the script text files and see which files they point to, but I could only find two of the graphics in SPRITES/FLARES/L2NBA0 and L2NBB0, and LENBA0 and LENBB0 - which I've edited, but the projectiles remain blue in-game - if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful and would probably help me get a better understanding of where to look.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/v00XSKS[/imgur]
DavidN

Re: [Brutal Doom 21 RC1] Editing projectiles sprites?

Post by DavidN »

Aha, I've been digging through that shambleheap recently and it's very challenging to unwind the threads :) You have the right approach in going into the DECORATE and looking for what sprites are used - it looks to me like the plasma rifle fires Plasma_Ball projectiles, which use PBAL as their sprites (/decorate/Plasma.txt). Also look in GLDEFS - you'll have to edit the colour of the dynamic light that's attached to that same actor.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”