Diabolus EX v1.1
DOOM meets Deus Ex.
This map is a love letter to cyberpunk genre as a whole and the Deus Ex franchise in particular.
Using the whole new set of custom made textures, the project aims to recreate the look and vibe of an unethical
near future corporation run by the forces of hell.
This is an exploration-heavy map that has multiple ways to progress through.
Hope you enjoy it!
PS I'm also including a separate WAD containing all of my textures and ANIMDEFS.
Feel free to use them in your own mapping projects! Credit is appreciated.
- Ultraviolence and Nightmare difficulty support
- New Menu background and logo graphics
- Easter egg credits room
- archive filesize reduced in half (thanks to _mental_ from ZDoom forums)
- typos and mistakes in some Japanese textures
- the repeatable teleport bug in Data Transfer section
- the repeatable blue keycard elevator bug
- some texture misalignment
Sourceport: GZDoom (tested on several latest versions)
Movement: Heavy usage of crouching, jumping and freelook
Texture Filtering: None (Nearest Neighbour)
1. Extract DEX_1.zip into your GZDoom folder
2. Launch the map via Diabolus_Ex_1.1.bat to play with the intended settings
Level Design and Art by Arvell aka Arvy (https://twitter.com/Arvydas_B)
Music by Dmitry Petyakin aka El-Metallico (https://el-metallico.bandcamp.com/music)
Testing by: Mikhail Kohtov, Darren Weekes, Yaroslav Kravtsov, ProtoSasha, Sean Noonan, Kirill Buyanin, Dmitry
-Textures only WAD