SEEKING MODELLING HELP
Well, right now I got to a corner. I'm capable of creating static or simply animated models. Yeah, weapons are not a problem, too.
But, when it comes to character models, this is an area where I completely fail. I spent last week trying to make my new player models work...and totaly failed. I just don't know how to make this work. The model animation, rigging and stuff like this is totally over my head.
So, I'm coming here annd humbly asking for a help. Would anyone exprienced with modelling lend a helping hand to me with the character modelling and animation? I'm not looking for anything fancy or complicated, like sculpts or stuff like materials. I want simple models in the style of Haxen II/Quake II/Deus Ex/Unreal Tournament. I can provide basic modelling and texturing, but I need help with rigging and animations. Would someone like to participate in bringing the World of Strife with complete models to life?
Well, what started as a small technical playground for testing varoius parts of code, evolved into a living, breathing project. And I can say, this project is the most completed that I've worked on.
Soo, whats that? World of Strife, what the hell? Like, TC for Strife, are you serious? Well, when I first saw strife back in the nineties, I was quite amazed by it. Like, you were not forced to run and gun, instead I got something that meets the present DeusEx like games. Doom with dialogues. And real story to pursue. Decade later I encoutered for a brief time something called DoomBuilder. And made a big level for strife, a big city. But in that time, I had zero programming knowledge, so it was only a map with no real content. Years later, I started playing with doom things, and the rest of it is known for you, so I'wont repeat it here.
As I said, this started as only a practise of new things. I used strife iwad as a base, because I dont't wanted to be distracted by my favourite postapo theme. And it evolved into something bigger than a small practice.
So, the story is following: Since I mean it seriously with World of Strife, and I've finally found the true balance of scifi and fantasy in it's setting, I've found the lore of barebone Strife as quite ... empty. Like, the whole thing with 'bad guys took our women and children, let's get em back' is good for a one timer like strife is, but totally not enough for anything else. So, I took the base of strife and expanded it. It could be treated as a reboot of strife, or a an ofshoot of the world.
Here it is. It's just a first concept and probably will change, but could give you a rough onlook on how the world lore will look. Enjoy.
Spoiler:And also, something about the world's organisations, aka the good guys, the bad guys and the ugly guys.
Spoiler:Well, it not quite playtested, so it may have some bugs. I would appreciate if you just report them to me (well, how it happened would be nice ).
edit: I have found out that there is a small bug in the first quest - when you use the staff for killing the rebels, you can easilly kill two in one blast. That can break the coding, so the whole quest will remain unmarked, yet the quest works and can be finished. So this has to be noticed and I have to fix it.
- Strife - Quest For Sigil
- Strife Veteran Edition (I'm testing it with SVE mainly)
- ledge climbing - pretty nic thing thanks to zscript, code by Dodopod
- spotlight flashlight by Steve - need gzdoom 3.3.3, but that's not an issue
- inv items with drain made with zscript (thanks to apeirogon) - no acs involved at all - Powerups now drain power, rather than be depleted after time duration
- remade strife weapons - no mauler and mauler2, etc. I remade the weapons so now its only one weapon with two fire modes, switched by AltFire (mauler, grenade launcher and crossbow)
- added two (three) weapons - my favourite blaster staff in two levels of power, pistol and a hookshot, using the hookshot code from resources, with new graphics (now its a weapon, not only script called by keystroke)
- working system of journal using ZSDF
- working system of quest markers (something like in SVE, but with my own graphics)
- nice text markers with the use of hudmessageonactor, with only limited use - I'm not sure if I will finally use them. Since the quest markers are working okay, this only duplicates alredy made mechanic.
- HUD using inv item - you have to wear a helmer to see the HUD
- quicktravel system using inv item - player places beacon, that serves as a teleport spot, where he can then return
- very basic RPG system using the strife inv items (health and accuracy - not much, but fits nicely)
(- sweet PDA zscript system by Nash)
- Lost Frontier features! Bleeding, Sprinting, items weights
- modded zscript strife statusbar
- GZDoom 3.8 and upper (Vulkan & OpenGL only. Sorry.)
- questZDoom for oculus quest
Spoiler:So, lets cut the talk. Here's the demo. Hope you like it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaoNNf ... sp=sharing