Doom Input Lag

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
DestinyIntwined

Doom Input Lag

Post by DestinyIntwined »

So I booted up a "Registered" wad of Doom (No idea what the difference between the Shareware version and the Registered is) and it has massive input lag, I'm talking 3 seconds after I push the menu button before it goes to the menu. How would I fix this?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Doom Input Lag

Post by wildweasel »

Which version of ZDoom? What are your specs? Which renderer are you using?
DestinyIntwined

Re: Doom Input Lag

Post by DestinyIntwined »

I figured it out it was GZDoom v3.1.0 (Windows 64bit) and I just went in without checking the usage, and it was in an OpenGL thing, I switched to the source option and it works fine now. No idea why it caused massive input lag though, also I figured out the difference between Shareware and Registered.

Return to “Technical Issues”