StatsKeeper: Universal playthrough stats recorder

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
sylandro

StatsKeeper: Universal playthrough stats recorder

Post by sylandro »

So I started experimenting with ZScript and ended up doing this. It's simple: stats such as kills, items, secrets, etc. are accumulated across a single playthrough and you can toggle a screen to check them. It's universal, so it's supposed to work with any IWAD/mod.

Works with saved games. The idea is to track the stats across a single, linear playthrough, so if you use a command such as changemap you will lose all progress. Oh, and it also works in multiplayer.

To use it, bind a key in the Options Menu (default is J) to toggle the stats screen.

Requires GZDoom 3.0.0+!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxuxs7n91 ... Keeper.pk3

ImageImage

Also, here's a sample WAD for Doom 2 that displays old fashioned ACS HudMessages after clearing the Icon of Sin, just to show how the data can be passed to a map script (requires the main pk3):

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qjpdmvmpd ... atsMap.wad

m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: StatsKeeper: Universal playthrough stats recorder

Post by m8f »

Like this. Simple and efficient.

If someone has black screen problem with this mod, here is the fixed version:
StatsKeeper-black-fix.pk3
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Also, as original screenshots are no longer available, here are new ones:

(StatsKeeper: Doom 2)

(StatsKeeper: Heretic)
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: StatsKeeper: Universal playthrough stats recorder

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Makes me wonder if the Performance Report can be augmented with mod-specific plugins, detailing character upgrades and whatnot.

Prime example: Death Foretold's Completion Bonuses, for killing everything and finding all secrets in a level. Spoilered because tons of info.
Spoiler:

Return to “Resources”