[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

FINAL DOOMER is a gameplay mod based around unique weapon sets designed to fit the twin megawads of Final Doom.
There are NINE classes based around TNT, Plutonia, Ancient Aliens, JPCP, BTSX, Hellbound, Alien Vendetta and Whitemare. They all have unique weapon sets based on the megawads they're from. For example, in the chaingun slot the TNT Marine has dual uzis while the Plutonian guy has a Light Machinegun. There's also a regular Doomguy class designed to fit with these classes.

The pistols have infinite reloads, the BFG's work on a "charge" system. Picking up big ammo gives you some charge and when you get enough you get a shot. There's an alternate mode that tweaks it so cell-equivalent pickups give you charges. The classes are balanced around themselves, not each other. There is a config menu that you can use to tweak stuff and holding reload will give you information on your current weapon. Thanks, and have fun!

Gameplay Trailer by Pillowblaster:

Here's some screenshots!:
Spoiler:
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Changelog:
Spoiler:
Class Weapon List:
Spoiler:
===============================================================================================================

This mod is designed to work for ZDoom 2.8.1 and GZDoom 2.1.1.
DOWNLOAD: https://mab.greyserv.net/f/FinalDoomer_v3.4.pk3

If you like the HUDs from this, you can download them to use as a separate patch here:
JUST THE HUDS:
Doom 2 Standalone HUD
Final Doom Standalone HUD

Are the sound effects in the JPCP set not anime enough for you? Captain J made a sound patch to fix that!
Grab it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g8v6x62a ... FX4FDP.zip
Forum topic here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58597
There's also one for action movie SFX!
Grab it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlv2h7wh8 ... FX4FDP.zip
Forum topic here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=58714&p=1030800&hi ... r#p1030800
Want to swap out weapons and make your own weaponset? Try this great mod by cyber_cool!: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=65622
Are you using a more recent version of GZDoom? If you miss the logo based class selection, try this awesome custom menu from Dr. Pyspy! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_v1.0.pk3
===============================================================================================================
Last edited by Sgt. Shivers on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [COMING SOON] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Cardboard Marty »

I'm maximum hyped for this! Love seeing the progress that you guys have been making on it and absolutely can't wait to play!
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

yeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I wonder what all the hype is about...

... then again, this is Sgt. Shivers and Yholl we're talking about here, so it's obviously gotta be good...

... I love surprises. :)
Yholl

Re: [V1] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Yholl »

maser 4 lyfe
Lime

Post by Lime »

Overall: :surprise:

- By the way, i have compaints.
- At the top left screen, there is a black rectangle that shows up.
- Super Shotgun (except Burst Shotgun) can shoot after the reload speed in a quick way.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I find it misleading for Plutguy's single shotgun to have a scope because it's not particularly accurate compared to the original we all know and love and there's no option to zoom. But other than that you did a great job of making all these weapons feel right at home in the IWADs that inspired them, making them feel more like the Quake series' mission packs in regards to how the new content makes them stand out. Although seeing just how many things you wrote "TNT" on kind of feels like a parody or something.

Now I'm wondering what Master Levels-related projects like Inferno and Cabal would be like with their own weapon sets.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Lime wrote:At the top left screen, there is a black rectangle that shows up.
How in the world did I miss that? Fixed now, stupid typo.
Lime wrote:Super Shotgun (except Burst Shotgun) can shoot after the reload speed in a quick way.
Well, yeah. Super Shotguns do that.
SiFi270 wrote:I find it misleading for Plutguy's single shotgun to have a scope because it's not particularly accurate compared to the original we all know and love and there's no option to zoom.
Doom 2 Shotgun is 5.6 horizontal, 0 vertical.
Plutonia Shotgun is 3 horizontal, 3 vertical. Also has an extra pellet.
SiFi270 wrote:Although seeing just how many things you wrote "TNT" on kind of feels like a parody or something.
Run through TNT sometime, heh.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I am very much into this set, especially the sounds chosen. TNTguy's Uzis and Plutguy's super shotgun feel amazing.
floatRand

Post by floatRand »

Really nice set of weapons - I love them. Really visceral and satisfying, with well-chosen sound-effects and enough recoil to give them feeling of punch. I am particularly more towards the Plutguy's weaponry, although from TNTguy's arsenal I'd prefer the shotguns. The BFG of TNTGuy seems bit weird. How does it work?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

What's that chainsaw replacement for TNTGUY do? Does it block/reflect attacks?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Now I may not be the champion of laying Icons of Sin to waste, but when I checked to see how well TNTguy fared against TNT's version of the boss, I couldn't land a single hit on Romero, even when I was using cheats to fly as close to the passage to him as possible and (gasp) using mouselook, which I'd rather avoid in a more serious playthrough. Could anyone else try it for themselves and maybe tell me what I could be doing wrong? I'm well aware of how you have to aim lower with the TNT Icon than with other versions, and that's not where I'm having problems.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Just checked the vanilla battle to make sure it was possible there. Gotta be careful on that platform though, holy crap. It's super easy to blow yourself up due to the delay on the rockets.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I felt like Rambo when using the Plutonia set's machine guns, which is actually appropriate given the mapset's loose jungle theme. :chaingun:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”