This is the lazy unproper way of postprocessing the view to a lookup table palette (A more proper way would be indexing every texel and literally colormapping in a shader with LUTs, but...... that calls for more in-depth engine hackery). This is more of a proof-of-concept.
Replaces tonemap shaders, and as a result, there are multiple palettes to look up to:
Unsharted 2 = Doom
Bagel Dawson = Heretic
ReignHard = Strife
Liner = Hexen
Recommended you play this in Software light mode, nearest texture filter and in a low res for best intendedeffect
- just VileRancour for refactoring my old palette shader for dosbox from a long time ago. this is a porting from hlsl as well
- myself for even getting it to work with 256 colors
- the flash quad gets caught up in it instead of blending after
- it's slow and not a lookup texture is used.
- it might not even compile on your lower-end card's drivers.
SCREEN SHOOT'S: FACK:
Q: why whats the point just use zdoom
A: FACK YOU MAN
Spoiler: older than u think