[V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

[V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Image

Updated on February 22, 2017 to match Brutal Guncaster's stuff and things! Now based on Project Brutality 3.0!
Updated on February 26, 2017, rebuilt almost from the ground up entirely. There MAY be some bugs but I've spent the better part of the last 3 or 4 days trying to make sure there are none.

NOTES; I have been told by PillowBlaster that I am the only one allowed to do such a Brutal Doomesque-mod compatbility thing with Guncaster, and that he won't allow any more than that.

EVERYTHING IN THIS DOCUMENT STILL APPLIES TO THIS MOD AS WELL AS GUNCASTER!


555 Project Guncaster is, simply, Guncaster 2.8 + Project Brutality. And nothing more than that.


All the features from Brutal Guncaster with all the extra monsters from Project Brutality.
There probably will be might be bugs. Report any you find. And I will attempt to fix them.

Current known (being fixed soon-ish) bugs; REPORT ANY MORE YOU FIND PLEASE!
-Some actors spew warnings, I already am aware of this, I will fix it. In the mean time stay calm and have some cake or something. And enjoy the mod.
-Strat ironblast fires upon corpses despite my best efforts to prevent such. Any help would be very appreciated...

Credits

If I'm missing anything for credits please let me know.

Here's some Gameplay of a VERY OLD BETA, I need new gameplay videos! Post em up and I'll link em here!



THIS MOD REQUIRES GZDOOM 2.2 OR ABOVE.
Runs best on GZDoom 2.3.2

NEW! Download V2
Last edited by loismustdie555 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Cryomundus
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by Cryomundus »

Well, I've noticed one rather painful bug.

Zombies do not drop ammo. Makes it kinda hard to start out.
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Cryomundus wrote:Well, I've noticed one rather painful bug.

Zombies do not drop ammo. Makes it kinda hard to start out.
I'll fix that. Anything else?

About to go to bed so I will have to fix it in the morning.
User avatar
Cryomundus
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by Cryomundus »

This isn't so much of a bugs as a heads up; in the original project brutality, only the heads where destructable (and even then, it was kinda selective, and they tended to just poof when shot with plasma, no gibs, nuthin), and those tended to block platforms and teleports, so I'd avoid trying to make them gib-able, as it's probably more hassle than it's worth. If anything, make it one of the last things you do, as it's not really all that important to the gameplay.

Edit: Well, found 2 more bugs, commando's still drop the plain old chaingun (the vanilla brutal one) and for some unknown reason, I can't seem to pick up the shotgun ammo belts anymore, despite having only 100/300 shells.

Edit2: waaaaait a sec. I think the ammo belts are giving me regular, doom/brutal doom shells, instead of the guncaster ones. I stratted the ironblast, and after it fired for a bit, I could pick up the belts, but they didn't give me any actual ammo.
Last edited by Cryomundus on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Cryomundus wrote:This isn't so much of a bugs as a heads up; in the original project brutality, only the heads where destructable (and even then, it was kinda selective, and they tended to just poof when shot with plasma, no gibs, nuthin), and those tended to block platforms and teleports, so I'd avoid trying to make them gib-able, as it's probably more hassle than it's worth. If anything, make it one of the last things you do, as it's not really all that important to the gameplay.

Edit: Well, found 2 more bugs, commando's still drop the plain old chaingun (the vanilla brutal one) and for some unknown reason, I can't seem to pick up the shotgun ammo belts anymore, despite having only 100/300 shells.
Couldn't sleep, so currently working on those two right now. Also working on Gumpop and I've gotten corpseblast almost working. Then I'll work on Midas stuff.
User avatar
Cryomundus
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by Cryomundus »

Um.

Image

I have literally no idea how the hell I managed this. I got the ironblast, and then I noticed I couldn't pick up shells. I decided to strat it, and when I got the ironblast back, I was stuck with 8/8 shells. What?

edit: Huh, the longhorn has my proper amount, 12/330. But not the ironblast. I thought the two shared the same ammo pool.
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Cryomundus wrote:Um.

Image

I have literally no idea how the hell I managed this. I got the ironblast, and then I noticed I couldn't pick up shells. I decided to strat it, and when I got the ironblast back, I was stuck with 8/8 shells. What?
That's... Very odd... I haven't encountered that. Ever. O.o

I'll take a look. Currently figured out how to fix Midas and CorpseBlast, those will be in the 1st update, and GumPop might (probably will) be in the 2nd update.

I'll see what I can do to fix this issue too.
User avatar
Somagu
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by Somagu »

Just FYI (as someone that has worked with Brutal Doom stuff before) the reason Chaingunners are dropping the wrong stuff is because every individual death state for chaingunners specifically calls to drop a chaingun rather than simply dropping it on death.
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Somagu wrote:Just FYI (as someone that has worked with Brutal Doom stuff before) the reason Chaingunners are dropping the wrong stuff is because every individual death state for chaingunners specifically calls to drop a chaingun rather than simply dropping it on death.
I know, I just forgot to edit those out. >.<

I fixed it now. Don't worry. :)
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

I *BELIEVE* I have fixed everything I can except chillgrasp. Which I will start working on soon. I need anyone who finds a bug to please report it so I can fix it.
I've fixed Gumpop using a slightly hacky method. Next update *might* include a revamp of it, if people report that they dislike the way Gumpop works now.
irukanjji
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by irukanjji »

Hi loismustdie555, can you tell how can i play this ?
It´s necessary Guncaster or other wad, for play it ?
Thanks for your work
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

irukanjji wrote:Hi loismustdie555, can you tell how can i play this ?
It´s necessary Guncaster or other wad, for play it ?
Thanks for your work
You need only the files in the upload at the bottom. Use a launcher like zdl, put 555_BrutalGuncaster_A_ProjectBrutality.pk3 above 555_BrutalGuncaster_B_Guncaster.pk3 and run. If you get errors then you need to use the newer dev builds of gzdoom. At devbuilds.drdteam.org.
irukanjji
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by irukanjji »

Thanks m8, i will try it
Gideon020
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 am

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by Gideon020 »

Out of curiosity, will there be potential to add/brutalize the monsters from the Guncaster Monster Pack if permission was received?
loismustdie555
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Gideon020 wrote:Out of curiosity, will there be potential to add/brutalize the monsters from the Guncaster Monster Pack if permission was received?
Maybe, I'm not the best at spriting. That was mainly Kain's (not sure what his username is) job. I'm more of a coder. And Kain too is busy these days.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”