Strange Aeons v5.7

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Strange Aeons v5.7

Post by ImpieTwo »

Latest version is always uploaded here.

I finished the beta for this mod a while ago, but haven't gotten much feedback on it since. Thought maybe it would fit in here. Don't hesitate to post comments, suggestions, anyone I left out of the credits page, etc...

This is an atmospheric map set -- a whoppin' 45 levels -- based on the works of H. P. Lovecraft, and inspired by a Doom clone I designed when I was a kid. Reunite with your dead son by traveling through your dreams and conquering three nightmarish realms: a shattered planet floating in aether, a dilapitated fortress of the future, and the badlands of prehistoric earth. Now features a bonus fifth episode, Out of the Aeons, set in the Underworld and the City of R’lyeh!

Last edited by ImpieTwo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:30 am, edited 27 times in total.
Amuscaria

Re: Strange Aeons v3.2

Post by Amuscaria »

Liking the floating island and ambiance. :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Oh? Cthulhu inspired Doom? Looking at this when I get home :D
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Ooh, heavily themed mod with Lovecraftian elements? Yes please! Going to play this as soon as I'm out of work.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I love those kinds of Maps. I always wanted to do one myself, but I was always too lazy, since how I alread got a project to finish.
Keep it up!
merlin86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by merlin86 »

So i've played and it's pretty good, and i freaking love the first level of the episodes where you are teleported to those realms. :D

the following errors do not block the execution of the mod!

Anyway, I've this error at startup (i am using Doom 1 IWAD 1.9, not ultimate doom) with the latest GZdooM SVN (revision 5a7afad of 12th august 2015):
Spoiler:
and this in some maps (like e1m1):
Spoiler:
now i'll finish the mod, and maybe i'll write a better review :-)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

That first error I know about, and I'll be damned if I could find it anywhere in any decorate entry. I have no idea what it's referring to.

The other two are new to me, but it may or may not be because you're using doom 1 and not ultimate doom. I wouldn't really know, to be honest: i'm not a real programmer, I just like to pretend. I might be getting the same error when I run it and just never noticed. Thanks for the heads up though.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

ImpieTwo wrote:That first error I know about, and I'll be damned if I could find it anywhere in any decorate entry. I have no idea what it's referring to.
In shudmonsters.wad, in the fifteenth DECORATE lump, the actor DholeBigExplosion tries to reference ShadowVaporSpawner. Those other three errors are because a GLDEFS lump is trying to attach dynamic lights to actors that have not been defined.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Damn, thanks for weeding those out for me, Ed. I must be going blind in my old age...

I'll apply the update if/when I finish Episode 4.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Not a problem. In fact, if you'd like, I'd be happy to give the project a once-over for any other fixes/improvements it could use, once it's ready to ship out.
Average

Post by Average »

I really like this. I've only played through the first few maps a couple of times so I can't yet talk about the mapset as a whole but if the quality keeps up I think this is something pretty special. :)

I'm playing it on GZDoom with the bloom shader thingy, the Doom 64 water effect WAD, and Nash's gore and tilt mods. It looks very, very pretty. It's like a whole new game in the Doom universe. Great stuff. :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Average wrote:I'm playing it on GZDoom with the bloom shader thingy, the Doom 64 water effect WAD, and Nash's gore and tilt mods. It looks very, very pretty. It's like a whole new game in the Doom universe. Great stuff. :)
Thanks! Any chance you can upload a youtube video or something so I can see that in action?
Ed the Bat wrote:Not a problem. In fact, if you'd like, I'd be happy to give the project a once-over for any other fixes/improvements it could use, once it's ready to ship out.
I'd be greatly appreciative of that. When it's completed and has proper ending screens I'll probably post it on ModDB.
Average

Post by Average »

^
I'd love to but I've no idea how to record footage from the game... *embarrassed...*

If you fancy giving me pointers I'll give it a bash. :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I just use Bandicam and hope for the best, myself.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

The sprite work is awesome! Really like those dianoga-like creatures in the sewers. The guy in cloaks weilding shotguns are very cool too.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”