Empire: The Peasants Revolt! New V3 [05-01-15]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mehnrues
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Empire: The Peasants Revolt! New V3 [05-01-15]

Post by Mehnrues »

Empire: The Peasants Revolt! NEW V3

Hello, this is my first mod that i will release and will not be for my personal use.
Because i like ancient, medieval and renaissance history i decided to make a mod that haves middle ages weapon and enemies.
This mod is not completed because i think ill make some maps for the mod, and add some monsters new monsters to have the ones that not been replaced become medieval and i didn't included all weapons that the mod will have.
Spoiler:
All weapons have "fire" and "altfire"
In this version some monsters doesn't have been replaced
A lot of items have been replaced.

Changelog
Spoiler:


Link:
V3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m22z9 ... volt+3.zip
Only weapons edition:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kej4j ... dition.zip
Heretic edition:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gdud4 ... eretic.zip

Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Mehnrues on Fri May 01, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 13 times in total.
User avatar
TheAdmantArchvile
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:01 pm
Location: Halfway to Madness

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Call it "The Peasants are Revolting".
User avatar
Ma77
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:26 pm
Location: My bed

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by Ma77 »

Witchaven 3 or Witchaven doom
User avatar
Matt
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:37 pm
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by Matt »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Call it "The Peasants are Revolting".
User avatar
VriskaSerket
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Location: 6th Layer of the Abyss

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by VriskaSerket »

Skyrim: Doom Edition
Also yes, I'd go with "The Peasants Are Revolting", or at least reference it somewhere.

Or anything with the word "peasant", really.
Last edited by VriskaSerket on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Big C
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by Big C »

"Violence Inherent in the System"

"Burn the Witch"

"Not Dead Yet"

"Moistened Scimitar-Lobbing Bints"

"Just Flesh Wounds"
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2101
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by phantombeta »

Vaecrius wrote:
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Call it "The Peasants are Revolting".
Or maybe something with Empire somewhere in the name. (Fall of the Empire?)
Or a metal reference :twisted:
User avatar
VriskaSerket
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Location: 6th Layer of the Abyss

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by VriskaSerket »

phantombeta wrote:
Vaecrius wrote:
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Call it "The Peasants are Revolting".
Or maybe something with Empire somewhere in the name. (Fall of the Empire?)
Or a metal reference :twisted:
PEASANTS OF THE EMPIRE
User avatar
Valherran
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Medieval Enemies and weapons,(items) V1 [Not official na

Post by Valherran »

I can easily come up with a better name provided there was some background information behind this MOD.
User avatar
Kontra Kommando
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: LV-426

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Looks cool!
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by Captain J »

WE ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THIS NONSENSICAL RIOT OF PESKY PEASANTS. so gotta try it now, thou shalt wait for response.

okay, i played it. sound effects and voices were all great, except some archers from this mod is really overpowered yet unhornorable; their arrows are heavily damaged and faster, also they does melee attack much faster which it's same as arrows but attacking closer. otherwise, their damages or arrows' speed is needs to be decreased. i mean, other enemies with melee weapons are dangerous than them. but they least don't throw any kind of weapons or arrows at me to make harder to against them.

also, they don't shot arrows or swinging a bow at me when i'm closer, but it sounds like slashing. are they uses bladed bows or what?

oh, and last thing. baron of hell class knights are always never attacking me but blocking attacks, they are kind of unhornoable either.

keep your great suppressing progress, thou wilt need it.
User avatar
VriskaSerket
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Location: 6th Layer of the Abyss

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by VriskaSerket »

Okay, I tried it and I absolutely love it. I really like using secondary fire on the dagger, or primary on the spear while jumping, for the sake of movie-quality dramatic fighting skills.
But I found something weird regarding archers:

The first thing is that, indeed, archers are kind of OP. They deal a lot of damage, and it's worse when in groups. In UV I already found a cluster of 5 in Entryway, so... Given how you're bound to find larger clusters often, it's kind of unfair, given how they're supposed to be low-tier enemies. They also perform melee attacks really fast, which only adds to the rage since their melee attack also deals high damage.
While, on the other hand, the player's arrows don't seem to deal the same damage, and seem instead pretty weak.
Ranged enemy damage on a melee game is something that has to be set to "Comfy and Easy to Wear".

Another thing I noticed about archers is that they fire their arrows with pinpoint accuracy... to your right. It's 90% more likely to dodge their arrows by standing still than moving around.
Spoiler:
Edit: I just noticed how well this goes when combined with Dark Doom and Hell's Ambiance.
Mehnrues
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by Mehnrues »

Captain J wrote:WE ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THIS NONSENSICAL RIOT OF PESKY PEASANTS. so gotta try it now, thou shalt wait for response.

okay, i played it. sound effects and voices were all great, except some archers from this mod is really overpowered yet unhornorable; their arrows are heavily damaged and faster, also they does melee attack much faster which it's same as arrows but attacking closer. otherwise, their damages or arrows' speed is needs to be decreased. i mean, other enemies with melee weapons are dangerous than them. but they least don't throw any kind of weapons or arrows at me to make harder to against them.

also, they don't shot arrows or swinging a bow at me when i'm closer, but it sounds like slashing. are they uses bladed bows or what?

oh, and last thing. baron of hell class knights are always never attacking me but blocking attacks, they are kind of unhornoable either.

keep your great suppressing progress, thou wilt need it.
VriskaSerket wrote:Okay, I tried it and I absolutely love it. I really like using secondary fire on the dagger, or primary on the spear while jumping, for the sake of movie-quality dramatic fighting skills.
But I found something weird regarding archers:

The first thing is that, indeed, archers are kind of OP. They deal a lot of damage, and it's worse when in groups. In UV I already found a cluster of 5 in Entryway, so... Given how you're bound to find larger clusters often, it's kind of unfair, given how they're supposed to be low-tier enemies. They also perform melee attacks really fast, which only adds to the rage since their melee attack also deals high damage.
While, on the other hand, the player's arrows don't seem to deal the same damage, and seem instead pretty weak.
Ranged enemy damage on a melee game is something that has to be set to "Comfy and Easy to Wear".

Another thing I noticed about archers is that they fire their arrows with pinpoint accuracy... to your right. It's 90% more likely to dodge their arrows by standing still than moving around.
Spoiler:
Edit: I just noticed how well this goes when combined with Dark Doom and Hell's Ambiance.
Sorry i didn't tested the knights yet, nothing that v2 couldn't fix.
I will balance the archer in v2, less damage and less speed from the "dagger" of the archer XD sorry of the melee animation i'm not a spriter.
And thanks VriskaSerket :D i will balance archers in v2, i think in v3 all enemies should have a death animations depends on the weapon ej: if you use the axe in a peasant he will be cuted.
in v2 there would be a new weapon that it's mace and a new enemy: maceman
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by Captain J »

well, if you can make a dagger swing animation just for archers, there will be no problem. or. just replace slashing sound effect into some physical hitting one to make sure they are swing the bow. then it should be reasonable enough, also for their damages just got decreased.
Mehnrues
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Empire: The Peasants Revolt! V1

Post by Mehnrues »

Captain J wrote:well, if you can make a dagger swing animation just for archers, there will be no problem. or. just replace slashing sound effect into some physical hitting one to make sure they are swing the bow. then it should be reasonable enough, also for their damages just got decreased.
Ill try

Return to “Gameplay Mods”