Team Fortress 2 Scout meets DOOM

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
trevor0402

Team Fortress 2 Scout meets DOOM

Post by trevor0402 »

Hey guys its been awhile since i been posting here. I am making a new DOOM mod today and its called TF2 Scout Meets DOOM.

Screenshots:
TITLEPIC
Shooting Zombies with the Scattergun.
Shooting Pistol at a Zombieman.
Reloading Scattergun.
Spoiler:
Credits:
WildWeasel - Shotgun and Pistol Tracers
DoomKid92 from ZDaemon Forums - Scout Skin
Eugene Li from Google Play for Weapon Sprites and Ammo Box for HUD
NOTE i edited the muzzle flashes because they were a bit crappy.
DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/?40lsdg9djv264c3
Enjoy! and there is a bug with the tracers in GZDOOM and ZDOOM the tracer worked better on Zandronum.
MetroidJunkie

Re: Team Fortress 2 Scout meets DOOM

Post by MetroidJunkie »

The animation is nicely smooth but it would help to be able to reload manually and maybe replace the Doom Guy grunts with Scout.
FujiwaraNoMokou

Post by FujiwaraNoMokou »

Oooh. I'll take a look at it when I get the time. Don't forget to add lots of the other weapons as well, like the Baby Face's Blaster (that one would be super fun to use), Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol (maybe have fall damage enabled by default and having this weapon active would disable fall damage), Bonk! Atomic Punch, Crit-a-Cola, Sandman (would be kinda crappy on weak enemies, but very useful on the larger guys, but wouldn't affect enemies that have the +BOSS flag), Flying Guillotine (useful on larger guys that have been weakened down), Boston Basher, Mad Milk (is something like that possible to make in Doom?), and maybe, just maybe, the Frying Pan (because who doesn't want to pan pinkies to death?).

Don't forget to add the scout's speech sounds as well. Hearing Doomguy's sounds while carrying a Scattergun really just doesn't feel right.

Heck, maybe someday we can have all 9 classes to be playable in Doom (spy, sniper, and medic would play like crap without co-op, though).
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

FujiwaraNoMokou wrote: Heck, maybe someday we can have all 9 classes to be playable in Doom (spy, sniper, and medic would play like crap without co-op, though).
Spy and Sniper could get by on their own if you play to their strategies right, like make it so that back stabs don't alert enemies.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Pretty promising I must say
One bit annoying thing is that you cant seem to be able to stop the scatter guns reload so if you get stuck reloading you're gonna have bad time, could be nice to get the reloading mechanic more user friendlier.

I hope you add some of his banter lines at some point to give out the scout personality a bit more at some point.

Definatly gona keep my eye on this
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

Looks nice
I hope you will add one of the Scout's taunts when he kills a monster.
I've found some problems, such as the sprites are not Widescreen friendly, and you can't stop the reloading animation, just like Hege mentioned before. But everything else is good and nice
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

MetroidJunkie wrote:
FujiwaraNoMokou wrote: Heck, maybe someday we can have all 9 classes to be playable in Doom (spy, sniper, and medic would play like crap without co-op, though).
Spy and Sniper could get by on their own if you play to their strategies right, like make it so that back stabs don't alert enemies.
can't backstab boss brain
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Vaecrius wrote:can't backstab boss brain
Well you got me there, guess it could work by setting boss brain's height insanely high so that just shooting through the hole is enough to hurt him? The whole idea that they were trying to make is that you're attacking the icon of sin's brain, anyway. :lol:
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

...or, come to think of it, if the mod had its own modified Map30...
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Vaecrius wrote:...or, come to think of it, if the mod had its own modified Map30...
icon of sin replaced with saxton hale swinging the boss brain around
kek
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

I will love you to no end if you add the Baby Face Blaster, Prettyboy's Pocket Pistol, and the frying pan.

EDIT:

A few things I'd like to point out since I play TF2 and I main scout a lot:

Each gun has it's own firing speed, but the force of nature should not have a delay between each shell, and I know for a fact the default pistol and shortstop can be fired faster than that. I should practically be able to mash my mouse and get a bullet out each click.
I know that TF2 has tracer rounds, but every bullets is entirely hitscan. I keep seeing the tracer coming out of the gun, but only hits upon contact with whatever.
And finally, the shortstop might have 4 rounds, and may draw from the pool of pistol ammo, but it fires shotgunshells.

A bug I noticed is that every time I fire a gun, it adjusts the camera back to eye level, this is really annoying for someone who's used to mouse looking.
ArmanAhmadi

Post by ArmanAhmadi »

Hege Cactus wrote:
Vaecrius wrote:...or, come to think of it, if the mod had its own modified Map30...
icon of sin replaced with saxton hale swinging the boss brain around
kek
Saxton Flaile?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

except the basic pistol cannot fire faster like in the original game and no soda popper, it's brilliant. and please, do add some scout's voice quotes, grunts and screams.
Velaron

Post by Velaron »

I made exact same mod, but didn't release it. A touching story.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Captain J wrote:except the basic pistol cannot fire faster like in the original game
This can be done in DECORATE actually! I have a weapon example of this somewhere.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”