XCVG's Libre Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
XCVG

XCVG's Libre Resources

Post by XCVG »

XCVG's Resources

When I first started doing Doom modding, I was pretty bad at creating custom resources. I'm still pretty bad, but I do have some stuff floating around that I would like to share. Please be patient- it'll take me a few weeks to get what I have up here.

I see a lot of ripped and edited content, and a distinct lack of explicit licenses in this area. While I'm not against such things, it makes it difficult to find resources that are usable for certain projects. I've decided to specialize in libre resources that are free to use and have full license and attribution information. That doesn't mean I won't post other content, but that's what I'm going to focus on. I'm not a great artist, so a lot of it will be edits of free assets, modified to work for Doom.

Libre Resources
These resources may be freely reused with a minimum of restrictions.

Keycards
License: CC0 (Public Domain)
Base: public domain images
Author: XCVG

A set of keycards, or credit cards, or ID cards, or whatever. The download below is for the Doom pack, which includes a set of Doom-paletted keys and a set of Strife-paletted keys. Raw PSDs and larger general purpose versions can be found at OpenGameArt.

Download | OpenGameArt

Night Skyboxes
License: CC-BY 3.0 (Attribution)
Base: Night Skyboxes by Emil Persson(Humus)
Author: XCVG and Emil Persson(Humus)

A set of five skyboxes scaled and packaged for use in GZDoom. Includes GLDEFS lump.

Download

War on Water Guns
Base: War on Water GFX (yd, various)
Author: XCVG, yd and unknown

Two ready-to-use guns as well as source images, including a chaingun sprite. Not the best, but completely free to use.

Download

Trees
Base: Glitch
Author: XCVG, Tiny Speck

Several trees from the abandoned Glitch project. Scaled, with DECORATE, but not paletted.

Download

Outdoor Flats
Base: various
Author: XCVG, various

Flats made from CC0 textures. Higher-resolution 128x128 with TEXTURES file included. I started with a bunch of outdoor textures and decided to go with that.

Download

64x64 flats
Base: 64x textures an Overlays
Author: XCVG, FacadeGaikan

A CC0 64x64 texture pack from OpenGameArt turned into ready to go flats. Includes truecolor PNG as well as Doom and Hexen palette flats. Two of the flats are animated and ANIMDEFS is provided for them.

Download

Paint and Solid Colors
Base: own work and public domain texture
Author: XCVG

A pack of solid colors and paint textures. Good for prototyping or maybe even in finished maps? There are more colours than shown in the preview.

Download

Gratis Resources
These resources are free to download, but they may be subject to significant usage restrictions.
Last edited by XCVG on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
XCVG

Re: XCVG's Libre Resources

Post by XCVG »

Coming soon:

ZDoom-ready free textures:

Also more skyboxes, and explosions and other effects. All made into ZDoom/GZDoom ready formats.
Cire

Post by Cire »

Nice, though it seems the Outdoor Flats Download link seems to be broken?
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

Cire wrote:Nice, though it seems the Outdoor Flats Download link seems to be broken?
Should be fixed now.
Cire

Post by Cire »

It is indeed, thanks! :)
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

This 64x64 texture pack was just uploaded to OpenGameArt. Expect a ZDoom-ready version by the end of the week.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

Flats pack is now ready.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

I'm not sure what's up with this space skybox. I think some of the textures are rotated, or I got the names wrong. I'll play with it later and see if I can get it to work properly.
Spoiler:
Also:
Tons of effects on OpenGameArt, but I haven't got around to cutting them out and writing the definitions yet.

Return to “Resources”