Friday the 13th: Make a map-set based on the NES game.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Friday the 13th: Make a map-set based on the NES game.

Post by Kontra Kommando »

=============================================
Update:

I made some big improvements to the wad visually.

Sergeant_Mark_IV's Universal Gore Mod T4 has been implement as well.

Moreover, I have created two new difficulty levels.

on Ultra-Violence, Jason now has a one hit kill attack.

on Nightmare, Jason now has a one hit kill attack, and will occasionally strafe out of the line of your fire.

See if you can survive the true horror of crystal lake.

Download Link:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addo ... asons-doom

You must defeat Jason Voorhees in LJN's 1989 setting of Friday The 13th for NES. Jason lurks around every corner seeking to bury his machete into your flesh. He will vanish into thin air, and appear right behind you, to end your life. You must survive Friday the 13th...

This is a single-player map, with a single enemy; Jason Voorhees. He is very powerful and deadly; and teleports randomly throughout the map as he earnestly tries to kill you. The weapons are basic, and in short supply. You are armed with a nail-gun, a crossbow, pipe bombs, a flare gun, and a shotgun if you can find it.

I took sprites and textures from LJN's Friday the 13th, and edited them to fit with doom. I have also created a Jason Voorhees sprite sheet, based off of the original ones from 1989. Like most games from that era, there were no quarter views, or back views, thus I created them.

I really feel as though this WAD is quite different from what you might normally play. Its a big change of pace; it sort of reminds me of what Alien: Isolation is planned to be like. A survival-horror, where you must fight a powerful and aggressive enemy with low-level weapons.

Please enjoy this WAD, and as always, feedback is always appreciated.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: Friday The 13th: Jason's Doom [Single-player Map]

Post by Slax »

Could give the mask a not-completely-goofy-nintendo color. Just sayin'.
Kontra Kommando

Slax wrote:Could give the mask a not-completely-goofy-nintendo color. Just sayin'.
Though I feel that would deviate from what the wad is about really. Its done particularly in that style. The art style is directly from the nes game.

I want it to be the doom version of this.

Though the art style is not originally mine, I feel this is one of my more favorite WADs gameplay-wise that I've done. Survival-horror is a lot of fun to create.

Nash

Post by Nash »

That overly-detailed crossbow is spoiling the visuals; I think it would be better if the crossbow had waaay less colours...
Canofbacon

Post by Canofbacon »

This map is super fun. Recommended by me. 5/5
Kontra Kommando

Nash wrote:That overly-detailed crossbow is spoiling the visuals; I think it would be better if the crossbow had waaay less colours...
Agreed. I have no problem with changing the weapons sprites. I just like them for their functionality.
Kontra Kommando

Canofbacon wrote:This map is super fun. Recommended by me. 5/5

Thanks a lot man, this was a lot of fun to make too.
Breezeep

Post by Breezeep »

wait, weren't you the guy who made those sprites after finding this thread on doomworld?
Kontra Kommando

Breezeep wrote:wait, weren't you the guy who made those sprites after finding this thread on doomworld?

Yup. thats me lol. I just woke up too, because I spent the entire night making this wad hahaha
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Gave it a shot, It's a pretty fun boss map but the texture offsets on the walls under the windows need aligning. They look a bit odd at the moment. Maybe put in a puzzle or something, I was a bit confused on what I should do after beating Jason the first time. Also, maybe having some other parts of the camp could be cool?

Other than that it was pretty fun. Your mods and maps are really nice!
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

That was really good. Reminds me of Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch.
Kontra Kommando

Update:

I made some big improvements to the wad visually.

Moreover, I have created two new difficulty levels.

on Ultra-Violence, Jason now has a one hit kill attack.

on Nightmare, Jason now has a one hit kill attack, and will occasionally strafe out of the line of your fire.

See if you can survive the true horror of crystal lake.

DrMoney

Re: Friday The 13th: Jason's Doom [New Difficulties & Graph

Post by DrMoney »

Says it's currently awaiting authorisation, I'm loving the the first upload though! More areas would definitely be great, i'd love to see this expanded into a longer experience ala Pirate Doom.
Kontra Kommando

DrMoney wrote:Says it's currently awaiting authorisation, I'm loving the the first upload though! More areas would definitely be great, i'd love to see this expanded into a longer experience ala Pirate Doom.
You can stil download it, despite it still being unauthorized. I'm glad you enjoy the wad; I do plan on expanding on this in the future.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Kontra Kommando wrote:
DrMoney wrote:Says it's currently awaiting authorisation, I'm loving the the first upload though! More areas would definitely be great, i'd love to see this expanded into a longer experience ala Pirate Doom.
You can stil download it, despite it still being unauthorized. I'm glad you enjoy the wad; I do plan on expanding on this in the future.
No we can't, only the author of the file can download it while it's being authorized.

As you can see:
There is no download button for me.

If you want to make it available right away, I suggest uploading the file temporarily to something like Dropbox, while you wait for ModDB to authorize the file.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”