The concept is simple, thrust into a sudden black-out and the ever approaching presence of the Screecher, Creeper and Stalker; you must take your lantern and make your way to the exit, before your soul falls victim to the dreaded monsters. You are utterly defenseless, relying only on the light of your lantern to keep you safe. Keep your fuel in check and your breath calm, those are the only things to keep you alive.
- The Stalker may be aggressive and fast, but is not the brightest being. Weaving through corridors and many rooms should aid in your attempt to lose her.
- The Stalker will appear less often depending on two variables: whether you're playing with other monsters on and the selected difficulty. Playing with other monsters AND on Normal will produce the longest gaps between her appearances. Also, playing on Normal will give you a second chance should the Stalker catch you.
- The Creeper hates light. If you hear him hiss, put your lantern away as soon as you can. Unlike the Screecher, the Creeper can be seen wandering through the darkness.
- Holding "Shift" (Or your default Run key) will cause the player to sprint. You have stamina, so you can only sprint for so long. There is a toggle to give yourself unlimited stamina if you are too hindered by it.
- The sole purpose of the rock is so you can activate panels that required you to punch or shoot in Doom. You have unlimited of them, but there is some delay between uses. And don't even try to hit the monsters with it, unless you're suicidal.
- This wad was designed to be played with pre-made level sets. Play on the classic Doom levels or load up some of your favorite Vanilla/Boom-Compatible level sets and be ready for the Screecher. Map sets like HellBound, Icarus, AV, 1024, and more work very well. Straying into more modern level sets, such as Voodoo Guns, KDIZD, Unloved, TUTNT, etc. are not fully supported and glitches are likely to occur. There is nothing I can do about this and I would appreciate not hearing about my wad failing to work with them. Stick to Vanilla/Boom maps.
-If you are playing a map set that conflicts with the predetermined footstep sounds (Ex: You're walking on grass but you hear metal steps), you can turn off footsteps by changing the option in the menu.
- Turning off all of the monster toggles activates "Passive Mode," where you are free and safe to explore the map in total darkness. Additionally, "Unlimited Stamina" and "Unlimited Fuel" can be turned on, giving you no worries to calmly enjoy the lonely wandering.
Latest Change Log:
- Fixed a glitch with the Stalker going through walls and mid-textures.
- Added addendum to the Stalker on Normal mode, giving you a second chance to survive should she catch you.
- Added new shock images pertaining to the Stalker catching you the first time.
- Added more befitting world props. (Thanks Terminus!)
NOTE: "Force Additive Lighting" must be set to "OFF" when playing this wad.
Download V4.1 here: https://www.mediafire.com/?7v6i4anz5gd5v3a
Old Change Log:
Spoiler:Please see credits. There are a few I need help verifying and if I missed someone, please notify me so I may update it.
Please report any issues and problems within this thread. Also, feel free to share the name of map sets that you feel fit the mod perfectly.
Enjoy playing Lasting Light!