[On Hold-Will finish someday] Final Duel v0.18

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

[On Hold-Will finish someday] Final Duel v0.18

Post by phantombeta »

To play this mod, you may need the latest build of GZDoom from here
To run the latest Git source you will need the latest build of Dis(a GZDoom fork) from here. (If it says the mod's using a non existant function or something like that you will have to compile the code from the GitHub repository)
This mod is meant for OpenGL, while it should work in software, it will not look as good and some things will not show up because they are models.
Official releases above v18 will have the required version of Dis in the .7z file.
This mod has a resource request thread.

Trailer:
Removed. It was outdated and terrible.

Story:
Spoiler:
Screenshots: (Very outdated)
Spoiler:
Known bugs:
means crash means game breaking [M] means minor bug [M]Fullscreen HUD breaks in resolutions lower than 800x600:Fixed [M]Fullscreen HUD breaks in certain Resolution/Aspect ratio combinations:Fixed [M]Fullscreen HUD breaks when HUD_SCALE is TRUE:Fixed (I recommend not using it or it might cover the entire screen) Downloads: http://www.mediafire.com/download/72a3w ... el_v18.pk3 current version (14.51 MB) http://www.mediafire.com/download/2gix2 ... _V19_1.pk3 v19 preview (15.18 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mvwi3qcj8z1v ... HP5ta?dl=0 A bunch of versions including old ones. Older versions:
Spoiler:
Links: Main IRC channel: irc://irc.esper.net/#FinalDuel Secondary IRC channel: irc://irc.zandronum.com/#FinalDuel (Please use the main channel) Mod DB page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-duel WordPress: https://finalduel.wordpress.com Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/finaldueldoom GitHub repo: https://github.com/Doom2fan/Final-Duel Dis' GitHub repo: https://github.com/Doom2fan/gzdoom
Last edited by phantombeta on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 55 times in total.
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

This post is reserved for stuff that doesn't get into the OP.
Videos:
Spoiler:
Last edited by phantombeta on Wed May 07, 2014 6:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
Posts: 3060
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by Ed the Bat »

Any reason this doesn't use the engine's native Reload command?
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

It used to have Zandronum compatibility,but I gave up Zandronum compatibility when it started crashing on start for no reason,but I may try to make it compatible with Zandronum if Zandronum ever fixes all the bugs and get all the features (G)ZDoom has
Last edited by phantombeta on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
Posts: 3060
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by Ed the Bat »

phantombeta wrote:It used to have Zandronum compatibility,but I gave up Zandronum compatibility when it started crashing on start for no reason,but I may try to make it compatible with Zandronum if Zandronum ever fixes all the bugs and get all the features (G)ZDoom has
I doubt it will. But I notice this also uses MENUDEF, which I don't think Zandronum has (I could be mistaken, though...), so if Zandronum catches up to that, it'll probably also have the built-in reload system.
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

Ed the Bat wrote:I doubt it will. But I notice this also uses MENUDEF, which I don't think Zandronum has (I could be mistaken, though...), so if Zandronum catches up to that, it'll probably also have the built-in reload system.
Zandronum compatibility was not the only reason I use a custom reload system,it was also because I may need it to do more than just reload the weapon(for example,change the player actor's state)
Last edited by phantombeta on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
twinkieman93
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:13 pm

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by twinkieman93 »

phantombeta wrote:
Ed the Bat wrote:I doubt it will. But I notice this also uses MENUDEF, which I don't think Zandronum has (I could be mistaken, though...), so if Zandronum catches up to that, it'll probably also have the built-in reload system.
Zandronum compatibility was not the only reason I use a custom reload system,it was also because I may need it to do more than just reload the weapon(for example,change the player actor's state)
Oooh, actual player animations for when you do things with weapons, ala SST? Daddy likes~
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

twinkieman93 wrote:Oooh, actual player animations for when you do things with weapons, ala SST? Daddy likes~
Not ATM,I have to find someone who can make reloading and aiming through iron sight/scope frames.
Last edited by phantombeta on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Abba Zabba
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: a place lol!

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by Abba Zabba »

The pump shotty reload is pitifully slow, it's almost like Doomguy is using it for a magic trick instead of as an actual weapon. "And now, I will make this shell disappear!"
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by wildweasel »

Phantombeta, what's with the red text?
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

Lava Grunt wrote:The pump shotty reload is pitifully slow, it's almost like Doomguy is using it for a magic trick instead of as an actual weapon. "And now, I will make this shell disappear!"
Yeah,I know it's slow,but I have changed that shotgun some time ago,IDK if the reload speed is good enough,but now you can stop reloading before it's fully loaded
wildweasel wrote:Phantombeta, what's with the red text?
I'm using red text because it's my favourite colour.
Is there any problem with using red text? :(
If there is I can change it to black or some other colour...
User avatar
Trance
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:28 am
Location: 1, Rotation: 0

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by Trance »

It's a color very often used by moderating staff to denote edits to other users' posts, such as when removing links to illegal resources or when issuing warnings. I know it threw me off at first, seeing all these posts featuring red text; I assumed there was some severe misbehaving going on in the thread.
User avatar
phantombeta
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Brazil

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by phantombeta »

Trance wrote:It's a color very often used by moderating staff to denote edits to other users' posts, such as when removing links to illegal resources or when issuing warnings. I know it threw me off at first, seeing all these posts featuring red text; I assumed there was some severe misbehaving going on in the thread.
Should I stop using red?
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by wildweasel »

I would advise you to just not color your text at all.
User avatar
Mikk-
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:31 pm
Location: Somewhere off Kanagawa

Re: [WIP] Final Duel

Post by Mikk- »

Not to mention red font is hard on the eyes with the PHBB3 dark theme

Return to “Gameplay Mods”