The Old 3.1 final is still available if you want to gut it for resources but I'm bringing Insanity's Requiem back with the announcement of Insanity's Requiem Mk.2!
Insanity's Requiem was a small project I Started working on, Abandoned due to lack of interest, and then revived it, and like the old build, this version also puts you behind the controls of an arsenal of 11 unique weapons ranging from but not limited to: A shovel possessed by a demonic entity, A sword that feeds on blood to unleash devastating attacks, a .50AE Assault Pistol, an Explosive Magnum... and many more that you... will have to discover on your own.
Most of the weapons present in the mod all reload, the reloading is magazine based so don't get too reload happy, or you'll be running out of ammo sooner than you'd expect,
On any issue of Credits, Look inside the Spoiler below. If you see anything, be it sprites or otherwise that is your work and I haven't given credit, let me know what belongs to whom and you'll receive your credits in the next release.
Off the top of my head these fine ladies and gentlemen are the ones who made Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 Possible.
They deserve all the credit and more.
Lots of people ask me "hey Tiberium, where do you get all these kickass sounds from?" And while I want to be an asshole about this, that will get me banned faster than anything else...
Most of the Weapons Audio has completely redone by [b][u]Иavaяо[/u][/b] what remains is either by EA/Dice, Magmacow, Microsoft/343 Studios, and a few other obscure sources that time has wiped from my memory...
//Enemy Audio Section!
- EA/Visceral Games : Slasher, Divider, and Leaper Necromorph sounds used for the zombies and Berserker revenant.
- Digital Extremes : Warframe Manic Laugh and Death Sound used for the Skullzerker.
- ID Software : Maggot Sounds from Doom 3 Used for the Imp Variants.
- ID Software (Again) : Demon sounds from Doom 64 with a mechanized set made by yours truely.
- ID Software (Yet Again) : The sounds of the mancubus from Doom 3.
- ID Software (Yet Again.) : The sounds of the Archvile from Doom 3 with a bit of creepy ambience mixed in.
- ID Software (FFS Tib.) : The Sounds of the Makron from Quake 4 for the four Archon of hell variants.
- ID Software (TIB, PLS.) : The Sounds of the Stream Guardians from Quake 4 used for the Fusion Spider.
- ID Software (PLS.) : The Sounds of the Cyberdemon from Doom 3 for, you guessed it. The Cyberdemon.
- Epic Games : Theron Guard Sounds used for the Rasklapanje.
- Tripwire Interactive : Killing Floor 1 Fleshpound sound effects used for the Widowmaker.
- Unknown : Just about every other enemy sound effect.
- Titlemap 01 : Motohiro Kawashima, Expander, Streets of Rage 2
- Titlemap 02 : Motohiro Kawashima, Fuze, Streets of Rage 3
- Titlemap 03 : Motohiro Kawashima, The Poets I, Streets of Rage 3
- Titlemap 04 : Motohiro Kawashima, Spin on The Bridge, Streets of Rage 2
- Intermission : Eiko Kaneko, Retry Screen, Splatterhouse 3
- Message : Eiko Kaneko, Choose a Door 2, Splatterhouse 3
//Audio Credits Ends Here
- EA/Visceral Games : Various Audio from Dead Space 1 - 3
- EA/Dice : Various Audio from Battlefield 1
- ID Software : Various Audio from the Doom and Quake Franchises
- Epic Games : Various Audio from Gears of War Series
- Tripwire Interactive - Various Audio from Killing Floor 1
- MagamaCow : Various Audio from GameBanana
- LordMisfit : for helping me fix the pistol so that it works like a real one should with burst fire
- DBT for the use of the sick bullet impacts from D4D as well as the variou effects froom the D4T Gauss Cannon built on the Siege mode base
- Lightman68 : Graphics for the new Autopistol.
- Marty Kirra : Original Graphics for the Punisher, Tormentor, and Typhoon
- Eriance : for the Vorpal Blade that is used as the Kyrie Elesion, a name which means "Lord have mercy."
- Sgt. Shivers : For the Punisher Edit of Marty's Judgement Pistol as well as the animation edit of the Doom 2.5 Shotgun which was further improved upon by Chronoteeth.
- CarbineDioxide : Omen and Archangel Sprite Edit, the original base was by DoomNukem
- Fused : Omen Assault Rifle Texture Definitions
- PillowBlaster : For the Mutilator , And for the parts of the 'Union' Rifle I nicked to make my auto shotgun as well as the red hot flaks from RO 2.5, the cooldown effect was done by TiberiumSoul //(That would be Me.)
- Myself : Longinus Sniper, uses parts from my unfinished Valve Rifle and the body of the AssaultCube Sniper which was ripped by CaptainJ.
- MagSigmaX : for some SFX, Gore Base, Particles, Projectles, Casings,
- Doomnukem : Magazine Drops, Archangel Ammo Pickup, Malefactor Shotgun Pickup (Edit by TiberiumSoul)
- YukiHaze : Mutilator Magazine, Archangel Shotgun Pickup, and For fixing my broken First Time Selection Mechanic
- Nash : Quake Style Tilting Scripting
- TheZombieKiller : Double Jumping Script, Intro Script, Death Script
- Twister : for the edited Game Over Graphic
- SidDoyle : for Droplets which i incorporated select elements from in my gore system As well as for the use of his Real Aim script
- TerminusEst13 : For the jumping player sprites from Jumpmaze
- ??? : Hammerspace Backpack Script? //i got it from Project Brutality but im fairly certain this is pillowblaster's work...
- Euranna/Rachael : Smooth Fluids code and texture definitions
- DoctorDoctor : for the use of his Obsidian Textures in Obsidian Fury
- Skillsaw : For the pentagram centerpiece used in Obsidian Fury from Map24 of Valiant
- Uboa : for the graphics and texture definitions used for the Devatstaor Handgun
- ??? : Rotating Keycard and Skull sprites //pulled from Death and Decay by IvanDobrovski
- VriskaSerket : Archangel's Shell Carrier
- SgtMarkIV : Lost Soul skull fragments recolored by TiberiumSoul
- RapidFireTrooper: Graf Zahl, Sandypaper, Id Software, Rogue Entertainment, NMN, Tormentor667
- QuadShotgunGuy: Ghastly_dragon, Id Software, Logan MTM, Xim
- Fiend : No Idea.
- Devil : Eriance, iD Software, Midway
- AgathoDemon Jimmy, IdSoftware, Eriance, Vader, Sandypaper, Dragon
- ImpureElemental : Original sprite by Eriance, recolor by Nocturne
- ImpureSoul: See Poison Soul, Nocturne for the recolor
- Death Incarnate: Eriance, Blue Shadow, MagicWazard, Ghastly Dragon, Sandypaper, Midway, Rogue Entertainment, Raven Software, id Software, Nintendo
- Rasklapanje: No Idea.
- RocketFatso: No Idea.
- PlasmaFatso: No Idea.
- Diabolist : Eriance, Ghastly, Sandypaper, iD Software, Raven Software, Rogue Entertainment
- Nightshade: Eriance
- DarkDevil: ItIsNatureToDie, Eriance
- Widowmaker: Megaherz
- Bulldozer: (formerly the Berserker Chain Shotgunner) made by Megaherz
- Skulldozer: Edit made by Reactor, (formerly the Berserker Chain Shotgunner) made by Megaherz
- Poison Soul: Tormentor667, Neoworm, Dreadopp, iD Software
- Pyrodemon: Maelstrom, Dreadopp, Sandypaper, iD Software, Monolith Games,
- BloodDevourer: IMX, Tormentor667, Eriance, Sandypaper, iD Software, Raven Software, Midway
- CyberDevourer: IMX, Tormentor667, Eriance, Sandypaper, iD Software, Raven Software, Midway
- TiberiumSoul: MrEnchanter, See Poison Soul
- BadassRTF : See Rapid Fire Trooper, Recolored by TiberiumSoul
- BadassQSG : See Cannon Shotgun Guy, Recolored by TiberiumSoul
- LesserFiend: Pyrodemon Recolor, See Pyrodemon Entry for credits
- GreaterFiend: Pyrodemon Recolor, See Pyrodemon Entry for credits
- Warlord: Pyrodemon Recolor, See Pyrodemon Entry for credits
- CataclysmLord: Pyrodemon Recolor, See Pyrodemon Entry for credits
- Cyberdemon(Edited), MagSigmaEx, iD Software, Rage State by SgtMarkIV
- Mastermind : Tormentor667, Eriance, Ghastly, Sandypaper, iD Software
//Credits End Here
Last edited by TiberiumSoul on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 96 times in total.
Thanks, I just hope Xaser doesn't go on another nitpick fest like he did with TiberiumDoom.
Granted, I didn't really give any credit hardly for that one so I deserved the brutal ass-kicking I got... I didn't make that mistake this time around though.
I decided to take a look inside your PK3 to figure out how it got to be so large. Things I've found that you could stand to cut back on:
Inside IRMisc.wad (which really should just be moved into proper PK3 folder structure), there are five copies of the same graphic: INTERPIC, TITLEPIC, CREDIT, BOSSBACK, and CONBACK, and a variant (HELPME01) that has words on it. You could easily duplicate the first five using a Textures entry and save ~5 MB. You could likely save further space by downsampling the titlepic to 256 colors (with a unique palette) instead of 32-bit true-color; the graphic as it stands is 1600x1200 32bpp and takes up 1.86 MB per copy, which is nearly as much as a lot of mods take in their entirety.
A lot of the sounds in IRMisc.wad are still in WAV format. Sampling them down to OGG would save ~85% of the size per file.
You should unwad the Realm667 monsters you're using; some of them may have duplicate resources.
Many of your weapons have animations consisting solely of duplicate sprites with altered offsets; you can save filesize by replacing these with Offset(x,y)-based animations in Decorate.
Some of your explosion sprites (EXP0*, EXP6*, possibly others) have black backgrounds (presumably for use with RenderStyle Add); you can safely remove the black backgrounds with a Magic Wand tool in your graphics program of choice, which should make things look a lot nicer if players are using GZDoom's night vision effect or an Invulnerability powerup using an inverse colormap.
I would say that this is the perfect sequel to Hard Doom v6.1.
A few things to note:
- Are the monsters suppose to respawn after death in the final difficulty setting randomly, just like how it was in vanilla Doom, Nightmare settings?
- Most of your weapons do the same thing. I'm mentioning particularly weapon 4 (both) and weapon 6 (The green plasma gun that shoots blue orbs) as they shoot rapid barrages of explosive projectiles.
- Where did Spider Mastermind go? He seems to be replaced with the cyber annihilator which I always found lame, even in Hard Doom.
As with most projects that use realm 667 sprites, please check the following:
- Please modify the bruisers with flame designed hooves, and have their feet glow with a bloom or vibrant alpha, as it looks like they are wearing boots with that flame design.
- Please Make some changes to the Mancubus(don't know this particular spawn name). It feels like its exactly taken out of Hard Doom, and what the weapon he drops when he dies, is also completely out of place with what the player actually uses.
- The Diabolist also needs some improvement. He looks dull like he did in Hard Doom. He needs some vibrancy and radiance in his attacks and overall color scheme.
The great things in this:
- I love the sniper gun. Its just reeks of awesome. I also love the weapon that shoots flaks and has a blue flame thrower for alternate fire (although the choice of sprites is rather strange as it not only looks weird but also has a scope that isn't utilized. I hope you can chose something more appropriate for such an awesome weapon).
- The fact that two cyberdemons can fight. That's really cool.
That was actually way better than expected, though maybe I just have low expectations. The monster replacements are good, the weapons look, sound and feel great. I'm wondering how you managed to get the HUD to work properly on widescreen.
There were some issues, though:
-Ammo does not appear on the alternate HUD.
-Menu is unusable- I can't tell what's selected.
-None of the weapons are accurate at range. You have to get close to hit anything.
-Player voice sounds... out of place is the best way to put it. It sounds more like "Shit, I left the pizza in the oven" than "Shit, I just got shot."
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll see what I can do about the items brought up in the next version.
As for lower resolutions... I didn't really plan on it... sorry... >_<
also the brightmaps for the archon variants will be hard to do since I have no Internet here at home (I'm typing this on my iPad) but nonetheless I'll look in the most recent copy of harddoom i have and see if aerial has the updated version of the archon with brightmaps
And if it bothers you that much CT I'll change the QSGGuy's obituary...