[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Post by Cardboard Marty »

NOTE: This project has been rebooted and is now located here! This version is no longer maintained.

Welcome to The Space Pirate!
The Space Pirate is a new gameplay modification that takes Doom to new heights! Featuring ridiculously cool melee combat, a shotgun with alternate shell types, crossbows, and much more!

Download (v0.1.2e)
Important Note: This version has not been tested since 2014 and is not actively updated or supported. This project has been rebooted and is now located here!

The Story
"At approximately 0900 hours, we intercepted a distress call from the UAC base on Phobos. From the video footage that has leaked to public airwaves, it looks like a teleporter experiment went awry, opening a portal to some hellish dimension. The entire base has been overrun with creatures from the other side of the portal, and both the Union Aerospace Military Division and reportedly the Research Crime Prevention Agency are doing their best to dispatch and rescue what remains of the personnel.

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect opportunity.

If you recall, the Martian Surface Excavation Unit discovered tablets and other artifacts left over by an ancient race called the "Praeleanthor". These would go for unprecedented amounts of money if we could somehow procure them, and amiss the chaos at Phobos, we would have the prime opportunity to retrieve them. Your objectives are simple.
  • Retrieve the Martian artifacts.
  • Assassinate any and all RCPA personnel. We need to keep our tracks clean.

Good luck Mel."

Teaser Video (Melee Mania!)

v.0.1.2 Tutorial

Known Issues
  • While holding the reload button on the 919m with the auto-firing mode enabled, it'll show a graphic of the single fire ready frame.
  • Weapons that haven't been replaced have been given temporary ammo and weapon spawns - These will be removed as the mod progresses.
Please report any issues you encounter here! Fixes and suggestions graciously accepted!

Unofficial Add-Ons:
- The Space Pirate +1 by Ixcuazl (Standalone, no previous versions required)
A complete rebalancing and fix of the last V1 public build of The Space Pirate. Includes a new weapon and several quality of life improvements regarding ammo balancing, weapon behavior, and much more.
- AZ-MP5 by Sgt. Shivers (runs with the latest GitHub build as well as the upcoming MK2 build, load after the main TSP file!)
Includes a brand new weapon, the AZ-MP5, which uses the more common global pistol ammo. A good, powerful alternative to the AB-50, Mel is able to throw quick punches while using this weapon.
- TSP Alternate by TheRailgunner (runs with v.0.1.2e, load after the main TSP file!)
Includes changes to the behavior of the AB-50 and the secret weapon, along with cool shell-casings, and a WIP brand new weapon: the Bargo Automatic Weapon System Model "C", a belt-fed, bullpup assault rifle/light machine gun with a high rate of fire and a burst-fire setting utilizing a idealized intermediate cartridge, the 6.66x48mm round.
- TSP Voxels by Voxelbro (runs with v.0.1.2e, load after the main TSP file!)
Includes voxel replacements for every unique item in TSP, from weapon pickups to ammo pickups! (Check out more cool voxel add-ons here!)

NOTE: This project has been rebooted and is now located here! This version is no longer maintained.
Last edited by Cardboard Marty on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 102 times in total.
scalliano

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Post by scalliano »

Ooh-wee! Looking forward to some ass-kicking!
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Awesome! Is this getting its own set of maps too?
Cardboard Marty

scalliano wrote:Ooh-wee! Looking forward to some ass-kicking!
You and me both! :D
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:Awesome! Is this getting its own set of maps too?
It is not, as it's only a gameplay mod, HOWEVER...we'll see how things develop. ;)
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

I'll enjoy it nonetheless. Can't wait for a release!
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

0:20 looks like action doom map, also, great work you got there.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

this looks fucking amazing, the combat looks really fluid and racking combos sounds fun, cant wait for the open beta!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

You know, with all these fancy new weapon mods with heavy gameplay differences, like trailblazer, this, and guncaster, its almost like an RSL mod 2.0.

RSL is a weapon modder who always strives for some funky whole gameplay chance in each mod of his, be it big or small. These look like HD fancy versions of something akin to them.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

chronoteeth wrote:You know, with all these fancy new weapon mods with heavy gameplay differences, like trailblazer, this, and guncaster, its almost like an RSL mod 2.0.

RSL is a weapon modder who always strives for some funky whole gameplay chance in each mod of his, be it big or small. These look like HD fancy versions of something akin to them.
Soooo... we all are copying RSL? I don't see your point here. Gameplay mods always affect gameplay, hence the name, and I have been aiming with my stuff posted here to be gimmicky. Every gunsmith aims to be gimmicky with his stuff, not only RSL. I like his work, but he's just one among us all. I mean, MagSigma's Project MSX, XutaWoo's Super Chicken or Weasel's Nazis aren't heavy, or gimmicky modifications? I realise that you probably want to bring more attention to him (I'd personally do a shout-out for amv2k9, since he made a lot of cool stuff!), but uhh, that sounds almost like an offense to me. Those aren't fancy HD versions of his work, they all are works of our own. But if you feel with it like that, I guess can't help on it. Maybe it's just it's too much of them at the same time, I take a guess. But I have been holding this one off for too long, anyway.

Eitherway, I wish Marty good luck on this, as it's his first, real endeavours in coding on his own. Hope to see it finished. :P
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

no no, you aint copying him, im just saying it has that feel to them. RSL just made it prolific cause he's made so many. it aint a bad thing tho!! this mod does look pretty dang rad!
Cardboard Marty

ArielBoss wrote:0:20 looks like action doom map, also, great work you got there.
It totally is Action Doom map 1. Spoilers, the hardest thing for me about getting trailer footage is choosing a good mapset. :P You can even see the score at the top!
chronoteeth wrote:You know, with all these fancy new weapon mods with heavy gameplay differences, like trailblazer, this, and guncaster, its almost like an RSL mod 2.0.
I believe I actually gave RSL praise for the exact same thing a while back, funny enough! I would like to say that as of writing, the Space Pirate is probably going to be on the lesser side of the "heavy gameplay differences" scale. Melee is frantic as you all know, but I don't have much planned in terms of craziness...yet.
PillowBlaster wrote:I wish Marty good luck on this, as it's his first, real endeavours in coding on his own. Hope to see it finished. :P
I hope to see it finished too! Thank you everyone for your interest!
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Wait ... you're telling me it's possible to play SP with Action Doom? Or are only the maps of AD?
KingShinra

Post by KingShinra »

Will there be a male protagonist available as well?
Cardboard Marty

ArielBoss wrote:Wait ... you're telling me it's possible to play SP with Action Doom? Or are only the maps of AD?
Haha, you can barely play Action Doom by itself in the latest version of ZDoom. :P It's not recommended by any means to try ANY mod with Action Doom, let alone my mod. Sorry for that bit of video mis-information!
KingShinra wrote:Will there be a male protagonist available as well?
Probably not. In a quick non-poll, does not being able to play as a male protagonist put you off from playing this? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm genuinely curious. :P

It's too early in the game to say what plans I have in store as far as characters/classes go, but Mel (the player character) is probably going to be the only playable character for a looooong time.
Ral22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ral22 »

If I can stream intense combos like the ones shown in the teaser, I don't care if I play as a man, woman, dragon, or inter-dimensional demon. The game looks fantastic and I look forward to a release.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”