Spoiler:So I was inspired to make this doom wad, the layout and path is similar to the game in the video but with less backtracking and less "How the fuck was I suppose to figure that out?"-ness.
AND HERE BE DA DOWNLOAD FOR THE MOD, PLAY AWAY YA DINGUS!
and some information on weapons, enemies, items, etc.
Old version, with only one map: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file= ... ayhemm.zip
Spoiler: DEEZ PEOPLE ARE KREDIT TO TEEM
BigProjectAlone, skelegant, Raven Software, Witchaven, UnholyPimpin
Realm667, DavidRaven, ETTiNGRiNDER, Freedoom, Slayer (FPS),
Neoworm, Exploding Lips, Bethesda, Liquidator (FPS), Deathkeep, Magestorm
Peter Bark (zdoom forums), goblin doom, Wildweasel (toaster enemy based off a drawing of his).
Freesound.org, Exploding Lips, Nintendo,
Descent to Undermountain, Roland La Goy, Daggerfall, Demonstar,
Demonstar Secret Missions, Liquidator (FPS), Johnny Cash (singers in map06)
EDIT: There's some freesound.org sounds I forgot to credit:
Cat meow: http://freesound.org/people/cameronmusic/sounds/138404/
Level 4 giggle ambient sound: http://freesound.org/people/lmbubec/sounds/119450/
Level 4 Weird ambience: http://freesound.org/people/Timbre/sounds/123678/
Wallmaster falling sound: http://freesound.org/people/CGEffex/sounds/89538/
Shady hands sound: http://freesound.org/people/mrdirectx/sounds/182874/
Shady hands pain sound https://freesound.org/people/Robinhood76/sounds/157904/ (last sound in this)
TV man static: http://freesound.org/people/andreas/sounds/101199/
Pickaxe sound: http://freesound.org/people/cameronmusic/sounds/138412/
Laugh for Khull-Khuum fights in level 6: The laugh used for "The Laughing Chamber" logo from games by TerminusEst13, such as Nocturne in Yellow.
BigProjectAlone, Freedoom, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Ray Schmitz(shitbag)
Liquidator (FPS), zrrion the insect, Chasm: The Rift, Daggerfall, LSD: Dream Emulator
Blood 1 and 2, Alien cabal, Redneck rampage
Ultima 3, Witchaven, Stonekeep, Cybermage
Anvil Of Dawn, Exploding Lips, Blood & Magic, Realms of the haunting
/*---Special Thanks to---*/
BigProjectAlone - Much help with sprite work
mazmon - Ditto
Tristan885 - Much help with sprite rips
Diodeus - Providing many sprite, sound, and texture rips.
ed the bat - Help with coding
Spoiler: A LIST OF CHANGES N STUFFZO
============= ============= 1.1 changes ============= =============
- ADDED: Some features from Mayhem Mansion 2:
- - When attacking an enemy with an ineffective weapon, instead of producing a fart sound and the word "ineffective" spawn from them, it now says "ineffective" on the top of your screen.
- - Bomb altfire is way more useful, it now scans the area for nearby enemies and throw itself towards them when close enough. It also doesn't just randomly explode when laying it down either, hooray!
- - A new enemy which appears in level 5 onwards is added, originally for MM2 but got scrapped.
- ADDED: Some things that were suppose to be in the first place, but ended up never adding it:
- - New soup guy in level 4's village.
- - At the end of Level 2, you return to the mansion and enter its dungeon.
- - The ettin NPC in level 4 actually speaks now.
- - A sidequest for an NPC in level 5 is added, sort of the level's "mega secret". You get one of the rarest inventory items in the game as a reward!
- - An actual death animation for the level 2 boss.
- ADDED: Added a new "Level complete!" screen instead of going to the main menu.
- ADDED: Icons for both the spell weapon and the ammo combiner, showing what spell you currently are using.
- CHANGED: Musket gets a buff, especially against monsters weak against it.
- CHANGED: Rifle is nerfed a bit, now it requires a small animation before it begins firing, same for zoomed mode.
- CHANGED: The stunlock trap from the magic staff is more effective against many enemies.
- CHANGED: Monkey swarm spell and bombs are no longer affected by autoaim.
- CHANGED: Shops gives 6 arrows instead of 5.
- CHANGED: Replaced the foot spell on Ammo Combiner with a trash sphere spell, bounces off walls and floors while shooting bullets and arrows everywhere! And the Bullet Man spell has been replaced with a new foot spell, and is far more useful, its basically a hitscan explosion.
- CHANGED: It should be more obvious the the lourd outlaw's projectiles are destroyable, and now the remaining projectiles disappear when the lourd outlaw dies, something I had no idea how to fix back then.
- CHANGED: Many many nerfs and buffs and changes to enemies that I don't feel like listing in detail. They're just better now.
- CHANGED: Edited volumes of about half of the music, lowered volume of really loud music, raised volume of really quiet music.
- CHANGED: Many parts of levels have been remade or reworked, lots to resemble how I originally wanted them to be.
- - Level 4's volcano was reworked. It gets progressively stranger, and it doesn't immediately show the strangest bits near the *very beginning* of the volcano, dunno wtf i was thinking back then.
- - Level 5 is basically a new level, has a lot of new rooms, and it's less confusing. There's more dangers of falling however, so watch your step!
- - Level 6 has numerous changes here and there. Many areas are redesigned and are less ugly and crappy, and you can now find experiment pieces AND do any optional bosses (for the mega secret) in any order you wish, giving you a more freedom of choice. Also, depending on where you go first, the last area you choose will have additional monsters spawn.
- CHANGED: Level 7 - Reworked a bit, lots of fights are more chaotic (put your ammo combiner and items to good use!), and the final boss should be less annoying to deal with.
- FIXED: There's some targets in various levels were you able to activate too early, which would break level progression and softlock the level.
- FIXED: Addendum to the above fix, many items and spells that can allow you to hit targets from around corners no longer can activate targets.
- FIXED: Jonny tank was suppose to be weak against magic, as he drops the magic ammo pickup on death, but turns out he never actually was.
- FIXED: Rifle's bullets while zoomed in would have trouble hitting monsters on ledges above you.
- FIXED: In level 1, there's a trap door right after the golden door in the city that shuts in front of you, but unblocks when killing the billycopters. It was possible though to kill the billycopters before the door shuts in front of you, thus softlocking the level. This was present since the very first release of Mayhem Mansion and somehow never noticed this oversight.
- REMOVED: The giant flower enemy that produce sonic waves that just simply pushed you back, it was a worthless enemy that wasn't fun to fight and only appeared twice in the entire game, so I just axed it. A better version of this enemy will appear in MM2.
============= ============= 0.9.1 changes ============= =============
- FIXED: In level 5, if you used the bombs instead of picking up boots, the level is rendered impossible.
Not sure how I missed that.
- ADDED: Bullet puffs for your musket.
============= ============= 0.9 changes ============= =============
- ADDED: In level 6, more music has been added.
- ADDED: In level 5, some yellow potions have been added.
- CHANGED: Several bosses have lower health.
- CHANGED: Shady hands slime does an animation of sorts when it becomes deadly to touch.
- CHANGED: Reduced the splash damage radius on the jonny tank's rockets.
- CHANGED: Levels 5 and 6 have reduced monsters on easier difficulties.
- CHANGED: On the ammo combiner weapon, the monty's foot attack no longer hurts you, but costs more ammo.
- FIXED: In level 5, there were a few items on tables you couldnt reach since jumping was disabled.
============= ============= 0.8 changes ============= =============
- FIXED (Hopefully): Some people have reported that the alpha emblem pickup simply doesn't work right. Hopefully I managed to fix that issue.
- FIXED: In level 3, you were able to unlock the monster-filled room with the green and red cherub BEFORE freeing all prisoners. The prisoners were there to help the fight, so going in alone is insane.
- FIXED: In level 6, if you walked over the dirt pile BEFORE getting the shovel, it would not work anymore.
- ADDED: Some hints were added to level 3 and 4.
============= ============= 0.7 changes ============= =============
- FIXED: Lourd outlaws and shady hands cannot hurt themselves with their own slime.
- FIXED: When collecting the 10 keys, the amount of keys you have will overlap on the fullscreen HUD.
- FIXED: Final boss had projectiles that would unintentionally die in midair.
- FIXED: Many mistakes in level 6 and 7 that will stop you from continuing on were fixed.
- CHANGED: You can only carry one barbarian item
============= ============= 0.6 changes ============= =============
- FIXED: The mega secret of level 6 was not possible to finish.
- FIXED: No reward would spawn after the mega secret was finished.
- FIXED: In level 7, there was a secret that wasn't possible to get.
- ADDED: While in super boomerang mode, you can use altfire to do a normal melee attack so you can open chests.
============= ============= 0.5 changes ============= =============
- CHANGED: Level 3 boss has reduced health (From 14000 to 11000)
- CHANGED: Level 5 boss now takes 25% damage from monkey swarm, rather than 10%.
- CHANGED: Level 5 boss has reduced health (From 20000 to 16000)
- CHANGED: Musket deals more damage on both fire and alt fire.
- CHANGED: Arbalest fire is slightly faster.
- CHANGED: Head bats have a faster animation, so from a distance it's easier to tell them apart from anvil bats.
- CHANGED: Speaking of head bats, their melee damage has been reduced.
- FIXED: Yen amount did not appear on the fullscreen HUD.
- FIXED: In Level 2, a teleporter that only works once could be used by an enemy, which can render the level impossible to complete.
- FIXED: In level 3, there were some sequence breaks.
- FIXED: In level 3, prisoners can stunlock themselves with stun traps.
- FIXED: In level 4, key zombies could be morphed with the golden toilet, which will cause them to not drop their key, which can render the level impossible to complete.
- FIXED: In level 4, you can reach the exit tower sooner than intended, which can skip about half of the level.
- FIXED: In level 5, there was an unobtainable billymorpher item.
- FIXED: In level 5, on hard difficulty, you can be sniped at by giant lips while avoiding shadows in a conveyor belt room. The lips was removed.
- FIXED: In level 5, in the dark section, monsters can no longer open doors.
- ADDED: Hints were added in map03.
- ADDED: Level 5 provides much more gold for buying ammo.
- ADDED: In level 5, in the dark section, right before the jump pad room you are given a yellow potion.
- ADDED: In level 5, both the shadow section and the ice section provides a backpack
- CHANGED: In level 5, on the boots of bootness path, a lourd outlaw was fought on hard difficulty in a cramped room. He is now gone.
============= ============= 0.3 changes ============= =============
- Mayhem Mansion is now in PK3 form.
- Many new puzzle items! Most come with messages to make navigation less confusing.
- Armor now provides 50% damage resistance, however now enemies, especially high tier ones, deal more damage.
- Armor pickups provide less armor now.
- Edits have been done by ed the bat for co-op friendliness, still WIP. Not entirely tested.
- Original menu restored.
- Some of the Ammo Combiner’s spells have been replaced.