My First Mods/First Duke 64 doom weapons/enemies wad

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
commie

My First Mods/First Duke 64 doom weapons/enemies wad

Post by commie »

I began editing doom decorate fairly recently (literally within like the past week), and have begun to learn to rip aspects of wads from other wads, making them independent wads. I then used this knowledge to create a series of mods intended for personal use that I now believe should be uploaded, as one of these mods accomplishes a task I have never seen any other wad have as a primary goal. I realize that many of these are just sloppy plays with some realm 667 decorates compiled to make a multi-part chain wad. Anyway, of the 4 wads I have created a soviet-american tension war film themed wad with many weapons from the 80's that you would generally see in those types of films and a random spawning system for weapons. Note that this is my latest and most polished wad. Next, I have a duke 64 weapons and enemies wad complete with all enemies replaced by duke 3d enemies and all weapons replaced with a mix of duke 64 and duke 3d weapons. Next I have a wad that I literally made in 10 minutes, a mini sub-mod containing some ROTT guns + the enforcer chaingun and hand grenade. Finally, we have my first mod, a blood universe inspired weapons mod. Note: this mod is extremely sloppy as it is my first, the worst glitch is that the weapon pickups are invisible as at the time I created this I did not have the knowledge of how to use the weapon's pickup sprites (it is fixed in newest version, link posted below). Otherwise, if you can, enjoy, as these are a window opened to a world of modding for me. Sorry these really are not much.
Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/895g0 ... nsWADS.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/53v51 ... psBeta.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/57qa9 ... s_Beta.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/56uif ... ponsv3.rar

The link above is an updated version of the blood inspired weapons mod (I say "inspired" because I know it is very different from blood and just something from the blood universe) that fixes the invisible weapons glitch.

Oh, and dont forget that for each individual mod you need to run all wads at same time, drag and drop all into zdoom.exe
Last edited by commie on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: My First Mods/First Duke 64 doom weapons/enemies wad

Post by wildweasel »

What you should really focus on at this point is learning how to merge a stack of WAD files into a single file that can be loaded. Your current distribution method leaves players selecting or otherwise adding up to 22 WAD files in a stack.

[edit] It would also be really, really, really nice if you would give credit to all of the sources you've borrowed content from. There are some things in here that I put a lot of effort into. But as a bit of a challenge, I'm going to leave it up to you to figure out which ones. =P
commie

Re: My First Mods/First Duke 64 doom weapons/enemies wad

Post by commie »

wildweasel wrote:What you should really focus on at this point is learning how to merge a stack of WAD files into a single file that can be loaded. Your current distribution method leaves players selecting or otherwise adding up to 22 WAD files in a stack.

[edit] It would also be really, really, really nice if you would give credit to all of the sources you've borrowed content from. There are some things in here that I put a lot of effort into. But as a bit of a challenge, I'm going to leave it up to you to figure out which ones. =P

Oh, sorry! I really should just package them all together w/ one big read me citing what I borrowed, as most of these share the same resources, oh, and by the way, thanks for the AK and M1 Garand, I appreciate it, if its okay with you. Well, I guess its back to realm 667 for me to find the names of the authors of each individual weapon wad. Oh, and I do know now how to combine, its just at the time I tried with one, failed, and sorta gave up, but now I know how to.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”