Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Chubzdoomer

Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Post by Chubzdoomer »

Hello, all! I'm new 'round these parts but some of you might recognize me from my YouTube channel and Doom Builder tutorials. That short introduction aside, I wanted to drop by and show you guys the two parody projects I've worked on over the past couple years, Call of Dooty and Call of Dooty II: Green Ops. These projects, as you've probably guessed by their names, are intended to parody modern shooters -- military shooters, specifically -- by incorporating elements like regenerating health, cutscenes, and even QTEs (quick time events). Although both of these are compatible with ZDoom, GZDoom is recommended.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Some of you might ask, "Will there be a Call of Dooty III?" Yes, but only if Activision announces another Call of Duty title. (Come on, you know it's inevitable!) If I do create another one, it will be based on E1M3, Toxin Refinery. I'm trying to follow the levels in order and if I have to, I'll complete the entire first episode of Doom in this style over the next several years. I hope that some of you get a kick out of the first two Call of Dootys and if you have any suggestions for the next one, please do let me know! Thank you for your time and interest.
Last edited by Chubzdoomer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheDarkArchon

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm starting a campaign right now: Aim down sights for CoDoo III. Also,
Spoiler: Don't read this if you've not played it yet
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

This series is a riot. I love it! :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The funny thing is, I don't think that the videos are hugely exaggerated - so look at the duration of the videos versus the par times of the original levels. Rhetorical question: So, how do modern games guarantee "x" hours of gameplay?
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Darsycho »

Spoiler: Obligatory reaction picture!
Downloading now. =P
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

Heh, I just saw the video to this, this is golden man
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

jack101 wrote:
Spoiler: Obligatory reaction picture!
Downloading now. =P
I second that, im getting moist just downloading this. I cant wait to play it!!! over and out (static)
Springy

Post by Springy »

I saw part one quite a bit ago didn't realise there was a second one though, also welcome too the forum chubz :D I'll be downloading part 2.
Chubzdoomer

Post by Chubzdoomer »

Thanks for the feedback guys! Iron sights is something I definitely would like to have in Call of Dooty III, DarkArchon, so hopefully I can figure out how to implement it. I already have some funny ideas for it. I also would like to do a slow motion breach (unlike the one in the first part that's mostly non-interactive) in which you're forced to kill a harmless, immobile monster in a span of three or four seconds, else you instantly die.
Springy wrote:I saw part one quite a bit ago didn't realise there was a second one though, also welcome too the forum chubz :D I'll be downloading part 2.
The second one was actually just released last night (a few minutes before midnight) to coincide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II. That's probably what I'll do with the third one, too -- just release it at midnight to coincide with the next Call of Duty.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I get the joke. It is funny and I genuinely lolled at some bits and I appreciate the work that has gone in to this. However, I have to say that I enjoy watching the videos more than playing the maps because the maps recreate the gameplay of Medal of CoDFront too well. :P
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

I did see the first one, there was some buzz around here about it I think. Didn't know you did a second, I'll have to see what you did :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

There are some neat bonuses if you actually play the mod, though. For example, you can get up from the comfy chair in the interrogation center and play some Wolfenstein Arcade!

Also, the keycards, what do they mean?

(I guess the red is for courage, the blue is for wisdom, and the yellow is for power. But I might be referencing the wrong genre.)
Chubzdoomer

Post by Chubzdoomer »

Gez wrote:Also, the keycards, what do they mean?

(I guess the red is for courage, the blue is for wisdom, and the yellow is for power. But I might be referencing the wrong genre.)
Hey, you might be onto something!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I love how barely interactive it is :lol:. But you missed a few key things such as cover based shooting, over reliance on automatic weapons, need to aim down sights in order to hit anything, constant need to sprint, and a knife melee attack.
Gez

Post by Gez »

(Spoiler: there actually is a knife melee attack!)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”