[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

Post by Zanieon »

Welcome to The Temple Of The Portals, prepare to fight hordes of giant monstrosities of hell for the control of the multiverse, Hunter's Moon is a mod for Zandronum and GZDoom that consists in bring the single-player campaign that Quake III Arena never had, the story continues millenniums after the Vadrigars and the Eternal Arenas taking the warriors out of the arenas' endless battles to fight for the control of what have locked them there, The Temple Of The Portals is the place where everything connects, it is the universe between the universes, it is a source of unlimited and unimaginable power that even gods wants control it.

Characters:
Spoiler:
Weapons:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Changelog V3.6.1

Download V3.6.1

Download Map Pack V0.4
Note: Load it after the mod itself to prevent issues with GZDoom throwing errors around.

Download Editor Resource R11 Last Updated: December-25.
If you want create maps for Hunter's Moon or want adapt already existing Doom maps for personal use, load this into GZDoom Builder as a additional resource file, it contains the correct monster and weapon replacements to fix the issue with weapons differing from the ammo near them, also the tall monsters stucking on ceiling if the room's height isn't enough for them.

Add-ons:

PBR - Add-on V1.3
-Simple add-on for GZDoom which adds back the natural shading of many models to makes them look better nearby dynamic lights.

Total Sonic Mayhem Music Pack
-This was the old Music Pack, but now some Quake 2 songs were removed and some others that combines better with Quake 3 Industrial style were added in place

Madness of an Epic Massacre Music Pack
-This add-on contains various tracks from many sources, from movies and other games, works with pretty every megawad/gameplay wad but mainly made for Hunter's Moon.

Madness of an Epic Massacre Music Pack - Volume 2
-Second edition of the add-on above.

Image Image Image

Last edited by Zanieon on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:50 am, edited 176 times in total.
hammer oz

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon (V1.1)

Post by hammer oz »

I havent really seen any q3 mod remakes until now so far iv only seen a quake 2 and four.
Looks interesting ill deffinatly have a look at this once it is released on zdoom. :)
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

What i just REALLY admire in this mod is the Gore. Man does that gore look satisfying. I'm studying what it is about them that makes them look so good, You've got some really nice decals there. And probably like the blood fog that fills the whole room when you gib something looks good.

Good job with that, Downloading and going to try the weapons out too.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

hammer oz wrote:Looks interesting ill deffinatly have a look at this once it is released on zdoom. :)
This won't be for ZDoom since it uses models.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Blue Shadow wrote:
hammer oz wrote:Looks interesting ill deffinatly have a look at this once it is released on zdoom. :)
This won't be for ZDoom since it uses models.
GZdoom supports models.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

well thx for all, but this mod is really far from what i want yet

i updated the V1.2 some days ago, edited in first post

-icytux, i just tried make a good combination with sprites, models, sounds and decals in this gore :D
.+:icytux:+.

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon (V1.2)

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Yes its a helluva good combination. Too bad The ports don't support Floor decals yet. Looking at the gore in this mod really makes me hungers for real floor/ceiling decals. The Wall decals look just amazing. The floor decals are, as I guessed. Sort of glitchy but thats the thing you've got to live with due to the limits of the port.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

well while trying to run this i got

Script error, "HuntersMoonV1.2.pk3:hunter'smoon.wad:DECORATE" line 1894:
Replaced type 'BFG10k' not found in CynetikShotgun

and if i can recall the bfg10k is only in skulltag so im guessing this wad is to only for skulltag :(

skulltag doesnt like my system for some reason
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

-icytux, i hope this come to Doom engine someday but for the moment we need to improvise with we have XD

-hammer oz, sorry man, it's for Skulltag D:
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I played this mod for 4 hours straight, man, this rocks. The gore system makes the game so satisfying. :D

But there are two flaws you should take a look at:

- The large monsters, such the Hell Baron, and specially the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, are ALWAYS getting stuck because their models are too big. You should decrease their sizes (or at least their colision polygons) to make them move freely.

- I'm not taking splash damage from my own explosions, that makes the game a tad too easy. :P
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon (V1.3)

Post by Zanieon »

guys, the V1.3 is Released

first post
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

That's odd.... There's no 3D gib pieces or blood on the ground. Doesn't this version include it?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

yes, since you need Skulltag in OpenGL and with gl_use_models 1 to work perfectly

in the future this will work for GZDoom too
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I have already done that. There's still no 3D gibs/Quake III style blood included when I play for some reason. I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit. Any other suggestions?
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon (V1.5)

Post by Zanieon »

I updated to V1.5, now i compiled Monsters and Source in a single pk3, so if the problem persists idk what happeing with your Skulltag/Sytem (whatever is causing the problem)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”