Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by wildweasel »

weasel presents:
NAZIS V2

Get it from Github!

NOTICE: If you intend on making a patch or fork of this mod, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST. It's all I ask. I really don't like seeing all these unofficial builds popping up all over the place with few of them asking me first or even mentioning them to me. I'd be all too happy to grant permission, just as long as this common courtesy is provided. Thank you.

WP:N is the latest mod from wildweasel (Diaz, Style Mod). What's different with this mod compared to others? Let's see...
  • Nazis. Nazis, nazis, and more nazis. There is not a single enemy in this mod that is not directly affiliated with Hitler's Third Reich. Yes, this includes the dogs.
  • Loads of (mostly) period-accurate World War II weaponry, from Walthers and MP-40s to Sturmgewehrs and the Klein Nebelwerfer (wait, that's not period-accurate)!
  • Cheap-ass Goldeneye reloading gets you back in the action faster!
  • Tracer effects replace hitscans and give you a slight chance to actually dodge bullets!
  • German enemies that actually speak German (mostly)!
  • Nonsensical difficulty setting names provided by Google Translate!
  • Weapon recoil that demands use of mouselook!
Please let me know any feedback, balance issues, or suggestions!

Issues:
- If the game complains about Weapon.BobStyle or YesNo or anything relating to Mapinfo, update your freaking ZDoom

Changes since the Final version:
  • Most weapons that are placed in maps were changed - instead of being the same guns you can get off the nazis themselves, they are now the Thompson (replaces Chaingun), the PPSh-41 (replaces the Plasma Rifle), and the Lee-Enfield (replaces the Chainsaw). With the exception of the Enfield, they take unique ammo types and come with piles of ammo.
  • The FG-42 is now dropped (half the time) by Paratroopers. The other half the time, he drops a 5-round Mauser clip.
  • MP-40 sped up by half a tic.
  • StG-44 slowed down by two tics, power beefed, and ammo drops reduced to suit.
  • Officers now drop Lugers instead of P-38s. The Luger does slightly less damage but is more accurate, and can be fired as fast as you can click the trigger.
  • Dr. Schabbs no longer glows in the dark.
  • Weapon bobbing now altered, thanks to Xaser for implementing that in ZDoom.
  • Reloading now requires a press of the ZDoom standard issue Weapon Reload key instead of Altfire.
  • Flamethrower received a crap ton of updates, including better animations, MUCH improved flame projectiles, and it now needs to be reloaded!
  • Majorly fixed up and updated the Lore text.
THE CREDITS LISTING:
- See ww-nazis-v2-lore.txt
Zero X. Diamond

Re: [Beta] Weasel Presents: NAZIS (wwhc-ana)

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Oh man oh man oh man, I've always loved Axis and Abbadon! I can't wait to give this a try.
Z86

Post by Z86 »

Very nice, i love the non-hitscan bullets!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Re-posting what I said in the other topic so it won't go unnoticed.

Well, the things that I found to be the most obvious was:

1. the keys have been replaced with those from Wolfenstein 3D, so the key textures should probably be replaced, too, to avoid confusion.
2. the berserk kit seems out of place, as well as a few other powerups. I need to play it a bit more to be completely sure about this point, though.
3. the nukage barrels, maybe replace them with regular barrels and/or crates which contains items? They seem to be rather useless as of right now.
4. the SSG feels out of place with the other weapons from the mod, and the chainsaw, too (although I'd guess that's going to be replaced real soon, right?)
5. the rifle should have the ability to zoom in, although that would perhaps be a problem with alt-fire being the reload key...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

If you still see a chainsaw, redownload.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Are maps included? O_o
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

If you're wondering about the mod used in the video, it's map 03 from Epic 2.
And no, maps are not included.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Initial impressions:

* Feels weird that the Revolver and shotguns get such intricate reloads when all the other reloads are Goldeneye-style.
* Stupid Hitler-puppies.
* Loving all the Nazi edits. Lots of weapon mods out there, not enough total enemy replacements.
* Berserk pack doesn't seem to allow you to switch weapons via mousescroll afterwards, need to select manually.
* Non-hitscan bullets are really cool.
marble

Post by marble »

the pump shotgun has some animation glitches in the pump animation, also it has some grey stuff on some frames.
and the supershptgun feels out of place somehow, the recoil doesn't feel real and the reloading sounds aren't really fitting.
but the rest i really liked, good work!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I, on the other hand, love both shotguns and the weapons as a whole feel nice and balanced whilst managing to stay acceptably pseudo-1940s-ish in feel.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

This is pretty damn awesome, I love the conversion of some of the Jaguar Wolf3D weapons, and the animation is super-smooth. A massive update from the last time I played this wad, no doubt.
wildweasel wrote:.
The Revolver is currently a blatant rip-off from a Cory Whittle mod so I am looking for a graphical replacement.
Hrm, for the record, I have a modified Powerslave revolver I did a while ago that might be of some use.
PISGA0.png
PISGA0.png (2.78 KiB) Viewed 63991 times
Still obviously a modification of the PS revolver, just with a different finish and an altered barrel.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I like that, Mike12 - would you happen to have the recoil/flash frames, too?
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

wildweasel wrote:I like that, Mike12 - would you happen to have the recoil/flash frames, too?
Yep, I got everything I did for it in here:
mikerevolver.zip
Credits:
Lobotomy Software (for Powerslave)
Cory Whittle (I think he doomhanded this)
3D Realms (funnily enough, this was originally an attempt to merge the ROTT pistol with the PS revolver. Just ended up looking like a shinier PS revolver though)
(16.63 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

*Crap, double post. Feel free to delete this*
Last edited by Mike12 on Mon May 23, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

MG42 or it didn't happen. :P

No seriously this mod is fun. Fantastic as always.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”