Small Addons for Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cyanosis

Small Addons for Doom

Post by Cyanosis »

While this is nothing new to most, I thought I'd just put these together for anyone that wants them.

I believe in a minimalistic approach so these don't heavily alter Doom, save for ExtraEnemy's additional monsters. Brief descriptions are as follows:

BloodFix - Corrects blood colors on Hell Nobles and Cacos, also makes Spectre bleed black and Lost Souls bloodless.

ExtraEnemy - Adds some extra enemies to the game, recreated in DECORATE and using color translations, nothing is out of theme and they have been rebalanced to match the originals (e.g. same health and painchance, some of the attacks).

NoInfighting - Enemies will not turn on each other, although they still take damage, forcing the player to do all the dirty work, useful for an extra challenge.

NoTrans - Removes translucency from projectiles and teleport fog, for a more old school appearance in GZDoom.

NEW Unfair - For those times when Doom just isn't hard enough. The Arch-Vile, Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon have raise states added. Enough said.

NEW ExtraEnemyUnfair - Same as above but designed to work with ExtraEnemy, raise states added to Vile2, Demolisher and Thamuz actors. Have a blast on Hell Revealed.

And there's six PLAYPALs, two types of modern, alternative palette (desaturated green and blue), a bright palette (more saturated green and lighter blue), gloomy palette (all colors desaturated to give a colder appearance), noir palette (grayscale and red/pink colors only), and the palette from Stronghold (alternative blue and green colors).

ExtraEnemy is an edit of ShuffleLite, submitted for the Doom Mutator Contest 2, credit goes to scalliano.

Download here at MediaFire, 50KB WinRAR file

Things updated are conveniently added here for those who already have the rest:
ExtraEnemy.wad
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
ExtraEnemyUnfair.wad
(19.96 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Unfair.wad
(395 Bytes) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by Cyanosis on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 16 times in total.
rsl

Re: Small Addons for Doom

Post by rsl »

Nice, but the MediaFire link does not appear to be working... :(
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Updated link, for the third time with the third update. This is prone to happen unfortunately, as if there's even just the littlest thing that may bug me I can often redo something many, many times until it is perfect or at least acceptable. Team Fortress 2 has nothing on me.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Last update regarding ExtraEnemy and the last update in general.
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Thanks for this pack of mutators, I quite enjoy using them. I'm a big fan of small mutator wads that you can mix and match with other wads so this is very appreciated. I noticed one bug where with the noir PLAYPAL the nightmare imp (and possibly others) is not in greyscale. Thanks for putting this together~
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

I suppose that's due to the translation "ice" which is hardwired into the engine port and it doesn't get affected by any palette.

Well since I can't leave anything alone the last update to ExtraEnemy was more so a round off of a few small things, most notably the Hectebus has the Skulltag attack now. I really need to do more proper testing, say at least a week of personal play time, before considering release of anything in the future so I don't have to put others through needless re-downloading. But there is a "project" of mine that has indeed been worked on since earlier this year. It is a modification of Woolie Wool's Mutiny 2.0 mod, which he stated in permissions it could be used as a base for additional modification. And when I feel it is truly ready I will happily upload it for others to check out.

Once I got the proper credit for the other resources used that is.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Decided to make the Nightmare Caco more dangerous by giving it the Enhanced Caco attack alongside it's regular one (due to the absence of the Enhanced variant). That is all.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Welp, I now have a legitimate excuse to bump this thread again (sorry for the potential attention whoriness) because two new addtions were added to the pack! Review above and grab yer copies for those who already got the rest.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Did you also add a raise state to the Lost Soul and make it and the Pain Elemental leave (invisible) corpses?
DaMan

Post by DaMan »

[wiki]Cvars[/wiki] are your friend. r_drawtrans 0 to disable transparency and infighting -1 to disable infighting (set to 1 for some imp on imp action).
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Lost Souls and Pain Elementals? Now that is just mean!

r_drawtrans 0 does not work properly in GZDoom, it'll disable translucent textures when applicable but monster projectiles are unaffected. You can only make the Lost Soul opaque through the options menu.

BTW there will be an update again later today, I need to fix the raise states for the Cyber/Spider bosses because they look sloppy. Also going to change up the attacks for Thamuz/Demolisher to be more dangerous.
pieceofpiesoftware

Post by pieceofpiesoftware »

Loved it I will make a video of it soon.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

New versions upped. Fixed raise states for Unfair add-ons. Removed the arachno plasma from Thamuz, he now shoots six rockets in a faster succession but are still dodgable. BFG blast is a genuine BFG ball, no more seeker but it has the spray effect. And the invulnerable state was removed during the Hecteball spread attack so it can be interrupted. Demolisher has a triple red plasma ball attack that does 8 damage per ball instead of 5 like the arachno's and player's and covers significantly greater ground in that case. Only fires one BFG ball instead of two to match Thamuz. I suppose the Demolisher is in a sense easier than the regular spider boss due to a lack of hitscan, but it does have potentially more destructive weaponry.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Could I get an updated link for the main download? (I want the blood wad).

Thanks!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Lava Grunt wrote:Could I get an updated link for the main download? (I want the blood wad).

Thanks!
Try asking in this thread instead.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”