Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Version 5.2b release!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lizardcommando

Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Version 5.2b release!

Post by lizardcommando »

Just a reminder, if you're looking for a weapons mod filled with insanely detail-filled and beautiful Eriance-esque sprites, you're in the wrong place. This is a cartoony MSPAINT mod. I already know some of you guys don't like that, so if you're one of those people, just go away.

Download Lizard Squad Version 5.2b now!

Optional Lizardcommando Texture Pack for Doom 2

As stated earlier, this is a cartoony, MSPAINT ZDoom mod featuring brand new weapons, enemies, items, player classes and even rideable vehicles! Let's start off with the custom player classes:

*Brand New Unique Classes:
  • Default Player (Default guy, comes equipped with the .45 Pistol and has a new skin, the walking Heli-Lizard)
    The Exterminator Player (comes equipped with the EXAR-1 and Combat Vest)
    LSMC-Grunt (comes equipped with Hand Grenades, a unique weapon, the M4-A1 Assault Rifle and Combat Vest)
    Marksman (comes equipped with an Infantry Rifle and Security Armor)
    Cowboy Lizard (comes equipped with a unique weapon, the Revolver and Security Armor)
    Spec-Ops Soldier (comes equipped with Hand Grenades, two unique weapons, the Silenced Machine Pistol, the Silenced Tactical Pistol and Tactical Armor)
What's new in this version:
  • -Some minor tweaks and bugfixes were made to the coding.
  • -The Fullscreen HUD now works in GZDoom.
Check out a few videos of the mod in action too.

*note: this level is NOT a part of this mod.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ROD-309 Test Video
Random gameplay test
Enjay's Runaway Train - Redo gameplay
Lizard Squad Beta 1 Commercial
Spec-Ops Soldier class gameplay video (Beta 14)
The Beta13 Commercial
The old Beta12A trailer

All of the Doom/Doom 2 enemies have been replaced with brand new enemies. One enemy that has been ported and their graphics unchanged from my old ICD-Lizard mod, which is the Phantom, but many of the enemies that have been ported from ICD-Lizard (like the LSMC Grunt, Wizard Lizard, and Heli-Lizard) have been revamped and remade with updated graphics. There are even a few totally brand new enemies not seen in my previous mods!

I do plan on making a full-on texture replacement pack. It's currently being made along side this mod. That won't be coming out for a long time...

So go download it and tell me what you think of it. Make sure you read the textfiles and play this mod with the latest version of ZDoom!
Last edited by lizardcommando on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 66 times in total.
eliw00d

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (Beta Available)

Post by eliw00d »

out of curiosity, you made the lizard mod for immoral conduct, right?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

The first mod? Yeah. It was modified from Immoral Conduct. Cory Whittle said it was ok though.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Here's the latest beta. This works with the latest SVN (r709 as of this writing) of ZDoom. It includes the new Medic Lizard and the new idle sounds for the LSMC Grunt, Marksman and Heavy Machinegunner. I made a few tweaks to the DECORATE coding for some of the enemies as well.

http://www.zshare.net/download/6881393d9c8bd6/
lizardcommando

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (Need some help)

Post by lizardcommando »

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I need help with two things:

Bullet Casings
A Custom HUD

I already have the graphics made for the Bullet Casings. I just need someone to help code them into my mod. As for the Custom HUD, here's a large concept art of the Custom Classic HUD and the shrunken down version of the Custom Classic HUD:
Spoiler:
The fullscreen HUD is just going to be like the ZDOOM fullscreen HUD, except the Statusbar Face should be incorporated somehow. If anyone can help me with these things, I will be very, very thankful.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Here's ZDoom's fullscreen hud in SBARINFO, with the mugshot to the right of the health and armor.
Tested with you'r mod, and the lizard face shows up in place pf doomguy's
BUT it's for 16:9 aspect ratio.... You'll have to modify coordinates to get it to work for 4:3.

statusbar fullscreen
{
drawimage "MEDIA0", -32, 198;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, health, 29, 181;
drawimage armoricon, -32, 175;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, armor, 29, 159;
drawimage ammoicon1, 357, 197;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo1, 346, 181;
drawimage ammoicon2, 357, 175;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo2, 346, 159;
drawmugshot "STF", 5, 31, 166;
gamemode deathmatch, teamgame
{
drawnumber 2, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, frags, 276, 1;
}
gamemode cooperative, singleplayer
{
drawswitchableimage BlueCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS0", 365, 1;
drawswitchableimage YellowCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS1", 365, 10;
drawswitchableimage RedCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS2", 365, 19;
drawswitchableimage BlueSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS3", 356, 1;
drawswitchableimage YellowSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS4", 356, 10;
drawswitchableimage RedSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS5", 356, 19;
}
drawselectedinventory INDEXFON, 306, 148;
}
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh! Awesome! Thanks for making that, phi108. It doesn't look bad at all in GZDoom (in fact, I have it set up for 3:4 in GL Mode). Nothing shows up in ZDoom though, but like you said, it's probably the coordinates that you used that need to be fixed. I just tested the new HUD in Software rendering mode in GZDoom and it still works. Maybe it's the version of ZDoom that's messed up? I'm using Enjay's compiled version of r858.

BTW, what exactly is the easiest way to find out what coordinates to use to properly line up everything? Also, is there a way to have the custom HUD support skins with custom Statusbar faces?
phi108

Post by phi108 »

That code is pretty much all by Blzut3, I just added "drawmugshot "STF", 5, 31, 166;" and I modified all the coordinates for widescreen.

And I just found the code for 3:4, minus the mugshot. below. And the coordinates are on a 320x200 grid with (0,0) at the top-left corner of the 4:3 screen.

statusbar fullscreen
{
drawimage "MEDIA0", 20, 196;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, health, 80, 180;
drawimage armoricon, 20, 172;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, armor, 80, 156;
drawimage ammoicon1, 306, 196;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo1, 295, 180;
drawimage ammoicon2, 306, 172;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo2, 295, 156;
gamemode deathmatch, teamgame
{
drawnumber 2, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, frags, 276, 1;
}
gamemode cooperative, singleplayer
{
drawswitchableimage BlueCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS0", 308, 2;
drawswitchableimage YellowCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS1", 308, 12;
drawswitchableimage RedCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS2", 308, 22;
drawswitchableimage BlueSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS3", 298, 2;
drawswitchableimage YellowSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS4", 298, 12;
drawswitchableimage RedSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS5", 298, 22;
}
drawselectedinventory INDEXFON, 306, 148;
}
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ah. So it is. I guess this means I'll be crediting both of you then. Thanks for helping me with the Fullscreen HUD. I made some adjustments to it and it looks pretty good now. The Statusbar Face is now in the middle kinda like how it is in Quake 3 and the Keys Display have been lowered so it's closer to the HUD information instead of floating in the middle of nowhere, heh.

Now I just have to get the Statusbar HUD done and the bullet casings and then I'll be able to release a new demo. :)
Last edited by lizardcommando on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Actually, the wiki has example SBARINFO code for the default doom statusbar, I guess you can just modify it to draw the desired images at the desired spots.

The full SBARINFO lump goes like this:

height 32;

statusbar fullscreen
{
stuff
}

statusbar normal
{
stuff
}

EDIT: AWESOME, theres a new feature: "AspectRatio {"4:3" | "5:4" | "16:9" | "16:10"} (development version only)
Executes the following sub block only if the player is using the specified aspect ratio."

I also have a r858 posted by one of our friendly neighborhood compilers, so I'll get testing....

Though it seems with this change, the hardcoded HUD/statusbar could be completely SBARINFOed, though Im not sure...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ok... This is really weird. The HUD doesn't seem to be showing up in ZDoom. It shows up in GZDoom though. I have it on the Software Renderer and it's at 4:3 resolution. Then again, it might be because the GZDoom I have is a bit outdated. It's version r748.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Hey guys, so I've kinda been on a hiatus with my mod. The last thing I worked on before calling it quits for now is the Custom HUD. Unfortunately, the Custom HUD won't show up in ZDoom, but oddly enough, it'll show up in GZDoom. Any ideas on why this happens?
Spoiler:
Speaking of which, here's a video of my mod in action, Custom HUD included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT5A3LMWL1Y

Another thing that's fucked with the Custom HUDs is that the standard Custom HUD only shows up when the border appears. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

This mod is really nice. I like the idea of using MSPaint to draw sprites...good work. :wink:
About your custom HUD issues, i can't tell you anything, because i'm not an expert with that...sry :(
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

Does my Juan monster count in? It's quite cartoony, I drew the sprites in Photoshop like it were MSPaint.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Haha. No. Sorry, you just said you used Photoshop to make it. So technically, your monster doesn't count. :P

Well, I'm probably just going to get rid of the HUD since I haven't the slightest clue why it won't work in ZDoom but works fine in GZDoom. I want to make bullet casings and magazines drop when I reload but I have no idea how to implement this. I have the graphics done, I just need to know how to code this in DECORATE. Can someone help me with this part?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”