[Project] Psychosis - Enrolling Volunteers

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Wills

[Project] Psychosis - Enrolling Volunteers

Post by Wills »

Since KDiZD is done and lots of valuable time and resources have been freed up, I figured this would be a good time to resurrect a dead project by Giest118. The idea here is to create a map that reflects the inner workings (or lack thereof) of your inner mind, however sick, twisted, or boring they are. Of course, the maps aren't going to be very realistic, have a common theme or any 'limitation', or follow any standard whatsoever of modern Doom mapping, which should allow for a large degree of creativity.

A list of volunteers we have so far:
  • Serious Cacodemon
  • Snarboo
  • Sniper Joe
  • Bouncy
  • Lamneth
  • SnowKate
Depending on how many people join, I'm thinking of finishing this within several months.
Last edited by Wills on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Ventris

Re: [Project] Psychosis

Post by Captain Ventris »

Wills wrote:Since KDiZD is done and lots of valuable time and resources have been freed up, I figured this would be a good time to resurrect a dead project by Giest118. The idea here is to create a map that reflects the inner workings (or lack thereof) of your inner mind, however sick, twisted, or boring they are. Of course, the maps aren't going to be very realistic, have a common theme or any 'limitation', or follow any standard whatsoever of modern Doom mapping, which should allow for a large degree of creativity.

Right now I have very little planned for this project. This thread is just to see how many people are interested in making maps for this. Once people start volunteering we can get specifics down. And, of course, if no one wants to contribute or thinks it's a good idea, no harm done.

So, any comers? :)
I definitely would help......... if I could map.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I might have to try a hand at this. I think it would be cool to make a map that takes place at an abandoned Taco Bell at 5 in the morning, which then quickly leads to a portal to a frightening alternate dimension.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

Ill give it a try, no telling if my map will be any good though. So what sorta limits will we have? Any custom textures or decorate enemy's allowed?
Wills

Post by Wills »

I'm thinking allowing custom textures and monsters as long as it's not excessive. Custom weapons I'm not so sure.

And your maps don't have to look good, just fun to play/different/interesting. As long as it's not "SEIZURE!!!... IN A TEXTURELESS MAZE!!!" type maps or stuff it's okay with me.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

I might map if you don't care about Joke WAD like maps.
Wills

Post by Wills »

Just try to reflect your mind. If you're a weird person, jokewad-esque maps might be appropriate. OR if you're serious, serious maps are also good.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Custom weapons should be allowed on a very limited basis. If I was going to make a map, I would only want three or four weapons, tops. You could create a script once the project is wrapping up to remove weapons at the start of a map.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Waitwaitwaitwait, can we have custom music? Because I want to test out how a Techno Remix of Super Mario Land's 1-1 works with my level.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

I would hope so, music-less Doom is kinda boring.
Wills

Post by Wills »

Unless it's like 10 MB per song, sure. :P
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

OK, let me get this straight. We are supposed to reflect our mind/thoughts into a map. But is this a ZDoom specific project?
Serious Cacodemon

Post by Serious Cacodemon »

I'd be interested in this, even as a mapper even. I don't map well, but I'll try anyways.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Woot. I'm done for now. Atleast until I'm told what needs improving.

It's a 3D platformer (requires jumping.) And even though at the start your opponents are weak, you're being gang-banged with little health and ammo. And it's tough and has a boss battle at the end.

And yes, my mind is weird. And ever-changing.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nibtsc
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

I'd so enjoy making a map for this but i'd need somebody of Tormentor quality. D:
oh well. at least I could have made fitting music for it. <.<

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”