Creating localized glyphs/characters for existing font

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Tormentor667

Creating localized glyphs/characters for existing font

Post by Tormentor667 »

Currently working on localizing texts for TCotD2 and I am having trouble somehow to find out, which are the glyphs/character graphics to edit for the german Ä, Ö, Ü and ß (as well as the lowercase variants of these).
  • Is there some kind of a table where all numbers and their corresponding graphics are?
  • And bonus question next to that, how can I add special characters to a font that I just have es DBIGFONT lump?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Creating localized glyphs/characters for existing font

Post by Graf Zahl »

Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Creating localized glyphs/characters for existing font

Post by Ozymandias81 »

While I have managed to sort everything out for the mod regarding splitting DBIGFONT / FON2 lumps into single glyphs, I noticed that while working on missing additional glyphs, for Italian I had to include 00E9 char because there was present 00C9, otherwise IT chars didn't get displayed on menues (this is the commit that fixed fonts for German/Italian language on menues atm). Smallfont works perfectly now, just need to get rid of placeholder fonts before the release (put them for me as reference for edits).

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”