Poor Controller Reactivity In All Games Except Exhumed

Moderator: Raze Developers

Typharius
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Poor Controller Reactivity In All Games Except Exhumed

Post by Typharius »

I noticed when playing any game except Exhumed, with a controller, movement speed in any direction was compromised and terribly slow when compared to using a keyboard. This was prevalent in Duke Nukem/Blood/Shadow Warrior/Redneck Rampage/NAM/WW2 GI. Exhumed works perfectly.
mjr4077au

Re: Poor Controller Reactivity In All Games Except Exhumed

Post by mjr4077au »

What kind of controller? All the games have been tested as being fairly uniform with an Xbox 360 controller.
Typharius

Post by Typharius »

An xbox one pad, same one I use for GZDoom where it works flawlessly with every ID title.
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

Are you the person on GitHub the other day? The movement speed at the default sensitivities is meant to be half the speed of the keyboard to give you as the player a bit more control. Exhumed should also be this way as well. If you set moving forward/strafing to 2.0, it should match the keyboard for all games.

If this isn't a good setup, I can remove the scaling so that 1.0 is full speed, it just gives you less control down low and makes the ability to set it as high as 4.0 in the menu stupid as the slightest touch would engage full movement.
Typharius

Post by Typharius »

No, I don't post on there. I will have a look at/fiddle with the settings and report back, but yeah Exhumed is full speed weirdly. As it stands by default for me with the other games, it affects balance as you simply can't move fast enough to avoid attacks/effectively circle strafe etc.
Typharius

Post by Typharius »

I did what you suggested and everything is perfect now, thanks a lot for your response and help. I understand why you would change it so players have more control at the lower end, I simply didn't know that was the case when I went in, and after using GZDoom for so long which seems, by default, set to the same as keyboard I didn't expect it ^^

Oddly Exhumed wasn't affected by me changing the sensitivity to 2, it seems the same as it was before which is to say the same speed as the keyboard, but no matter, I'm very pleased with the solution :)

Return to “Bugs [Raze]”