Many of you just want to play the new episode of World Tour ("Alien World Order") without all the other fancy stuff it comes with (normalmaps, revamped episodes 1-4 etc), also since a full WT installation weighs about 900 MB. For those I have made a batch script which will create a minimized version of World Tour, containing just the new episode and everything needed to run it, compact in a single groupfile (worldorder.grp, about 120 MB large) with grpinfo. Technically it's a renamed zipfile, so you can open it with 7-Zip if you want to see what's inside - but that's just for the curious ones.
Important: This is just a script and does NOT contain any files from World Tour! You will need an existing Steam installation of World Tour (you can uninstall it again after you are done with everything and got it working, though).
DOWNLOAD ON GITHUB
> Windows Vista or newer (to be able to use robocopy command)
> Existing Steam installation of "Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour"
> Raze v1.0.2 (or newer)
What you will get:
> "Alien World Order" maps (not the overhauled episodes 1-4 with colored lighting)
> World Tour CONs, including the Firefly enemy, Incinerator boss and Overlord/Emperor minibosses
> 8-bit parallax skies + skyboxes (ep.5 only)
> Lee Jackson's OGG music (ep.5 only)
> New Duke voice acting (ep.5 only)
> No developer commentaries or normalmaps
How to use:
1) Unpack this zipfile (worldorder_raze.zip) into your Raze installation folder, then launch worldorder.bat.
2) Choose your Steam (source) and Raze (target) directories. You can either enter the paths manually or use defaults (Steam: reads registry, Raze: current dir) by pressing "Enter".
3) You will be given two [Y]es/[N]o choices now:
4) You can (and should) uninstall World Tour on Steam at this point. Also the script file itself (worldorder.bat) is no longer needed.a) Choose whether you want to copy over duke3d.grp from World Tour and convert it to Atomic Edition (recommended if you don't own Atomic Edition). There might be a UAC popup during this process which you need to confirm. In case you have duke3d.grp from Atomic, be sure to copy it to the "data" subdir.
b) Choose whether you want to patch the original "Prima Arena" map (E5L8) to make some sections accessible which were cut from the original release. There might be a UAC popup during this process which you need to confirm. The original map will be saved as E5L8B.map in case you want to revert manually later.
5) Launch Raze (raze.exe). In the selection menu, choose "Alien World Order (worldorder)".
If you want to shrink filesize further, you can recode the music tracks, e.g. with Audacity, and reduce them to OGG quality level 4. While you won't hear any difference ingame, it will reduce filesize of the entire pack by another 70% or so (30 MB total size).