DoomRLA EXTENDED [1.1c] - Two new classes! More stuff!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

DoomRLA EXTENDED [1.1c] - Two new classes! More stuff!

Post by Cutmanmike »

This mod requires Doom Rogue-like Arsenal 1.1.5 and also a zscript friendly version of GZDoom:

DoomRLA Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37044
Latest version of GZDoom: https://zdoom.org/downloads

DRLA Extended is an addon mod for DRLA which adds several new classes, items, mechanics and more! The mod features no new weapons or monsters, and is designed to keep the spirit of DRLA intact while adding new ways to play and things to discover. The DRLA Monster Pack is optional but was designed around the adaptive difficulty of the pack.

Classes

DRLA Extended adds seven new classes to the game:
Spoiler:
Gizmos and Items

DRLA Extended adds new objects to the game world that can be interacted with to give the player new utility and rewards. They will usually spawn near secrets every 2-3 maps. Most will aid you on your run, but some of them may aid future runs and unlock new content! There are also new items that can be found in the wild that occasionally replace old items.

Familiars

A new mechanic to help customize your build even more, familiars! Familiars will follow close to you and (usually) attack monsters who you target. Each one has a differnet kind of attack, and usually come with a unique ability. Some abilities are passive buffs, others change your attacks or even give you new abilities unique to DRLAX! Once you've unlocked a familiar, it is unlocked forever. If you can find a certain Gizmo, you can summon any familiar you've unlocked to take with you on your journey.

Options and Achievements

DRLA Extended has some extra options to customize the mod to your liking, as well as some optional bug fixes to the original DRLA (enabled by default). It also includes all the options from by blueprint mod, which allows the customization of when blueprints spawn and toggle which blueprints you've discovered. This is handy if you like to play with forced assembly learning enabled and wish to clear your known assemblies for each run.

You can also find Achievements in the options menu. They are tied to unlocking special familiars. Some of them will keep even the DRLA experts busy for a long time. Happy unlocking!

Download

DRLA Extended 1.1c

Notes
  • Read the in game PDA descriptions of the classes for more info and story! Sadly new content can't easily be added to the PDA easily unless I rewrite the whole thing (which I'm not prepared to do).
  • Untested in multiplayer and other DRLA mods, try it out at your own risk!
  • This mod uses zscript mostly for easier modding, but also to inject themselves into the game without the need to update tons and tons of DECORATE code. They will not be made compatible with non-zscript versions of (G)ZDoom.
  • If you have cool ideas feel free to post them. If a mechanic sparks my imagination I might just add it!
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:10 am, edited 16 times in total.
Redead-ITA

Re: CMM DoomRL Classes [0.2]

Post by Redead-ITA »

You might want to replace all references of a_Startsound with a_playsound and remove Chanf_default, because A_Startsound comes from the later versions of gzdoom,
this should infact make it work with gzdoom 4.0.0
this kind of error comes from the fact that you probably used the latest version of gzdoom for testing, as usually the latest version will use the latest version of the zscript library, regardless of what version you are using.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive! Glad you made some neat contribution for DoomRL. And Nomad is indeed my guy. :D
Chunes

Post by Chunes »

This is such a cool mod. I'm in the middle of a Mechanoid run right now and I noticed that as long as you have a nano mod on one of your weapons, you can sometimes fire a weapon you have no ammo for. Not sure if it's intended, but it's fun. :D
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Redead-ITA wrote:You might want to replace all references of a_Startsound with a_playsound and remove Chanf_default, because A_Startsound comes from the later versions of gzdoom
Will do!
Chunes wrote:This is such a cool mod. I'm in the middle of a Mechanoid run right now and I noticed that as long as you have a nano mod on one of your weapons, you can sometimes fire a weapon you have no ammo for. Not sure if it's intended, but it's fun. :D
Sloops! It should give you a chance to not consume ammo, but I guess the way I did it allowed for that :mrgreen:
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

Wow, this is pretty cool, I am surprized something like this hasn't been made until now, so far I really like the Mechanoid! been playing some ObAddon levels with it, only nitpick I have is the HUD face looks a bit... weird? it kinda is the Marine but with a painted over color changing gradient, other than that, it's a pretty interesting character and I've enjoyed my gameplay with him!

By the way, do you mind if I detail a class idea I had while playing?
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Craneo wrote:it kinda is the Marine but with a painted over color changing gradient
That's exactly what it is, I didn't want to spend too much time on the graphics and just whipped up whatever was satisfactory for me. You're welcome to offer alternatives :)
Craneo wrote:By the way, do you mind if I detail a class idea I had while playing?
Sure!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

another bug to report, apparantly the nomad will not count the chainsaw as weapon, so when you go to the next map you will start with the chainsaw ALONG the the pistol start, and the chainsaw will not count into the inventory.
Nor he will count worn boots, unless he wears armor.
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

My idea for the new class is this:
Class Name: Pyromaniac
Ability 1 Active: All hitscan weapons will drop flames on the ground that deal flame damage (alongside the pre-existing bullet damage they already have), as long as the player has a certain ammount of health
Ability 2 Passive: If walking on damaging floors, you receive less damage + get a speed boost, so you can walk faster in these harsh eviroments, maybe something else could happen while stepping in liquids, but not sure what could be added too
Skin Type: PostalDude skin from Zandronum maybe? or PSX DoomGuy skin
HUD Face: Not sure at all about this one, maybe FreedoomGuy?
As for the Mechanoid's HUD face, I'd like to try something for it maybe later, not sure if I'll make something good however.
EDIT: how is this for the Mechanoid's face? I used the Hacx stbar sprite thing, so credits to Banjo Software for that.
EDIT 2: alternative version with tweaks, inspired by Doom 64's helmet and Megaman X

Link to both versions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1fq82ln7m0nn ... e.zip?dl=0
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Sounds awesome ...
I have a question ..is there ANY mod which makes doom into a REAL roguelite experience? I mean with permadeath and some kind of upgrades after dying ... Maybe even with a mappack specially made for this ...?
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Craneo wrote:how is this for the Mechanoid's face?
Wow I love it! I'll add the alt one to the next build :)
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Finishing the level as a Nomad with a Dedicated Backpack seems to carry its effect into the next level, but not the item itself.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Redead-ITA wrote:another bug to report, apparantly the nomad will not count the chainsaw as weapon, so when you go to the next map you will start with the chainsaw ALONG the the pistol start, and the chainsaw will not count into the inventory.
Nor he will count worn boots, unless he wears armor.
Odd, I can't reproduce these. I tried using GZdoom 4.0.0 too after changing startsound. Are you running any other mods?
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Cutmanmike wrote:Odd, I can't reproduce these. I tried using GZdoom 4.0.0 too after changing startsound. Are you running any other mods?
The load order was:
DoomTest
Scythe
DoomRLA
DoomRLAMonsters
This mod
DamnNums 1.0.1

It happend in map01, i have exited while equipping the pistol last i remember i think.
C-O-O-P-E-R

Post by C-O-O-P-E-R »

When playing as a mechanoid, met devil arch-vile, when he fired a fireball that clones the main character, an error occurs (Called fromRLCMMClassesEvents.WorldThingSpawned at DoomRL_CMMClasses_0.2.pk3:zscript/drla_cmm/drla_cmm_misc.txt, line 12) :?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”