Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Speaking of, do you have any luck uploading to idgames? I can't do it to save my life. Tried all kinds of troubleshooting back in the day and it never made a difference.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I haven't tried since they changed the upload system a while back.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

It sends you an automated email now, that you need to reply to. Still worth doing it though, for the purpose of having backups on all the mirror servers.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Enjay wrote:Keeping things together in WADs does allow the whole thing to be quite modular.
It also invites potential memory leaks and other problems, particularly for weaker computers. There's a good reason the developers vehemently mark this as 'Don't Do That!' behavior.

Also, as memory serves, it has prevented you in the past, ImpieTwo, from finding certain problematic lumps in your wads that I helped you sniff out, since they were scattered among the multiple wads in your project. So doing this for organizational purposes is probably not to your benefit, either.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I've had trouble finding them both ways, but I can see how unique names for each decorate thing would make it easier. Still, most errors I faced I was able to find with no trouble because I'd only update one thing at a time anyway.

Part of the problem is it'll take ages to go through all this stuff and switch it to another organizational format. It's a huge hassle for a guy who's trying to finish a writing project a month.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's actually relatively easy to extract WADs, dump the lumps into appropriately named folders and zip them up (there's even a tool to semi-automate the process but I don't use it because I find doing it manually with Slade gives me more control and doesn't take that long anyway).

Taking a quick look inside your WADs, there's a lot of stuff in there but the only things that would be likely to slow the process down is the multiple lumps with the same name and that's not too much hassle to sort out. I'm pretty busy with entirely different stuff over the next couple of days but if you wanted me to do it after that, I could.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'd appreciate that, thanks. I don't wanna trouble anyone though.

I could use a hand uploading the final product to idgames too, when its ready. All my stuff, in fact, since idgames always fails the upload for me.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So after putting this mod on the back burner, I am now feeling like playing this

As I said before, I am not a fan of the Terminator Rampage sprites, but I can live with it. The same goes with some of the enemies I have been encountering, whose silly, downright comedic lines clash heavily with the bleak soundtrack and the serious tone of the plot - to the point where I am not sure whether it is supposed to be intentional or not.

Anyway, I made it to MAP02 and so far I am enjoying myself. I especially like the Ballistic Knife! However, I have to ask: is this mod designed around jumping and crouching? Because I am having difficulty grabbing the shell box on top of one of the filing cabinets instead the Administrator's office and I do not see any other way of getting it.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Yeah, I even put a disclaimer on the front page of the readme file. Jumping is required in a lot of areas, and crouching is encouraged to take advantage of cover.

Also I asked someone to see about converting the sprites for me so they'd actually resemble Juno's arms in the title graphic. If the end result looks reasonable I'll use those instead.

And yeah, the humor is intentional, as the enemies go from useless green troops who talk like valley girls way out of their league, to the hardcore political zealots who curse your name and don't flee from battle.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Really? That is odd, because I have not touched GZDoom's gameplay settings and by default jumping and crouching are disabled.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

It has to be your settings because there's nothing in the mod to prevent jumping and crouching, and Major Arlene was able to do both when she played it on her channel.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Ah, you are right. I forgot to bind the Jump and Crouch keys. Silly me!

What is the difference between the Shit Creek Scattergun and the Thunderhammer? The manual says the latter is better than the former, but fire rate aside, I am not sure they are all that different.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

It's basically the fire rate. I think the pellets might be slightly more damaging with the scattergun to mildly balance the slow fire rate, but in most cases you want the thunderhammer unless you're worried about spamming ammo too much.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Made it to MAP03: Administration. However, I am having trouble finding all the secrets. The map's stats tell me it has five secrets, yet so far, I have only been able to find four of them:

- The Scattergun behind crates at the beginning
- The hidden bar with a switch that opens a staircase to the area with the red doors.
- The Missile Pod on a ledge outside
- The Blue Armour

Where is the fifth secret? I have watched your video playthrough on Youtube, but there seems to be only four secrets in the version you are playing.

Is it supposed to be the room that released several red-haired shotgunners? I have been there, but it does not seem to count as a secret.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks like a problem with the map. The hidden bar is marked as secret, but so is the shelf in the bar.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”