[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Pretty cool...

Edit : i didn't wanted to be a douche, but if i don't, things get outta hand pretty quick. Give credz to VriskaSerket for that middle metal part over the wood. And you took random ssg's from my ssg sprite sheet. I know it because of the DoomNukem edit below the metal divisor and the outlaws wooden shiny grip.

Edit 2 : i authorize people to do it. I just like to see my name in there. ;)
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Guncaster-style Surfeit Torment thing. Mainly just wanted to adapt the Longhorn's firing animation - I don't have a reload for it yet.
kodi

Post by kodi »

First attempt at rendering a sprite from a 3D model. Other than the model itself needing to be fattened and retextured for clarity and the lighting conditions needing change I'm happy I got it to work at least.
Attachments
testrend2.jpg
testrend2.jpg (5.82 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:a final update with a franken sprite of an ssg and it look like a classic style doom reboot's ssg
Uh nice. I really like it. Muzzle flash is too small tho.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

kodi wrote:First attempt at rendering a sprite from a 3D model. Other than the model itself needing to be fattened and retextured for clarity and the lighting conditions needing change I'm happy I got it to work at least.
I must know how you did this. :D
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Working on a reload sprite.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Looking very nice Rail Gunner! Though I'm seeing a little spot between the cylinder and the barrel that is a little more saturated than the rest, just throwing a guess that it's from the old Torment sprites which were more saturated and had less contrast. :)
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Looking very nice Rail Gunner! Though I'm seeing a little spot between the cylinder and the barrel that is a little more saturated than the rest, just throwing a guess that it's from the old Torment sprites which were more saturated and had less contrast. :)
I took that part from the original sprite, as a matter of fact, though its color/saturation hasn't been quite right to begin with.

Something looks...off about where the inner cylinder is, but it looks fine in animation, so I probably won't fix it any time too soon...hopefully (dammit, I need to go to sleep).
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Is that the speed loader in the cylinder, or is that inner part just a place holder? A bit confused on where the bullets go at the moment.

Also, not trying to be rude or anything, but you might want to consider editing it a bit more to differentiate it from the Long Horn. It looking the way it is right now might wake up a dragon...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Maybe it's a BIG bullet to fill the cylinder with! :evil:
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

kodi wrote:First attempt at rendering a sprite from a 3D model. Other than the model itself needing to be fattened and retextured for clarity and the lighting conditions needing change I'm happy I got it to work at least.
That model looks familiar for some reason.
Zoom and enhance!

Image Image Image

Oh, the OP4's massn! Interesting choice to make a sprite set of.
Their blackops look might just fit for a counter terrorism sort of mod.
kodi

Post by kodi »

DoomKrakken wrote:I must know how you did this. :D
I opened the model in Noesis and exported the mesh as md5mesh (d3/q4 format) and the animations as Source .smd then imported first the mesh then the anim files into Blender for rendering. This was the only combination of formats where the skeleton and the animations appeared correctly together after importing that I could find.
ZikShadow wrote: That model looks familiar for some reason.
Zoom and enhance!
Oh, the OP4's massn! Interesting choice to make a sprite set of.
Their blackops look might just fit for a counter terrorism sort of mod.
Indeed! I'll be retexturing it a bit for a more futuristic soldier dude type look. It's for a mod that loads on top of Project MSX. I'll make a sheet of the big robot from Gunman Chronicles and some other things from various games that fit the same aesthetic.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I did found a reskin of the massn at Half-Life Creations site.
Might fit the bill?

Image Image
kodi

Post by kodi »

@zikshadow
It's an improvement - the nightvision goggles one is really cool. But I have something else in mind and look forward to drawing some stuff myself :)
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

TheRailgunner wrote:Guncaster-style Surfeit Torment thing. Mainly just wanted to adapt the Longhorn's firing animation - I don't have a reload for it yet.
Would be nice if next time you'd ask me if I'm cool with that. I'll shake it off for now tho. That muzzleflash is kinda off btw - would move it more to the right and squish the going out part slightly downward and to the right. :P

Return to “General”