ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V3.9 [Update 24/02] One last weapon!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Finally my internet helped!

Here's the latest update changelog:
Spoiler:
Almost on 4.0 guys! Let's go download it! go go go
Deii

Post by Deii »

Gave this the usual 30 minutes of playtesting and already found a bug: when you upgrade the revolver to a revolver carbine, if you pickup another heavy handgun you'll have both the revolver with carbine kit and the basic 5 shot revolver.

Other than that, it's all pretty solid and I can feel that much like your other works it's getting pretty much close to finished. :D

P.S.: you forgot the fists in there
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Tango down, and i liked it! It has been changed a lot, and i've encountered some problems;
Spoiler: suchass-
So, that's about it. Glad you used my resources and it worked really well. Thanks for the awesome mod!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Deii wrote:Gave this the usual 30 minutes of playtesting and already found a bug: when you upgrade the revolver to a revolver carbine, if you pickup another heavy handgun you'll have both the revolver with carbine kit and the basic 5 shot revolver.

Other than that, it's all pretty solid and I can feel that much like your other works it's getting pretty much close to finished. :D

P.S.: you forgot the fists in there
Sorry, had a busy morning. About the Revolvers, it happens with Derrick's Desert Eagle too. But even though i added some inventory checks, the problem doesn't solves. So i'll get to study it better.

Captain J wrote:Tango down, and i liked it! It has been changed a lot, and i've encountered some problems;
Spoiler: suchass-
So, that's about it. Glad you used my resources and it worked really well. Thanks for the awesome mod!
You know i always love feedback. Norths me to the best way.

The only i must advice though, is that the special intros are switchable on/off in the options menu. I should probably reinforce that; i remembered it from mapsets like scythe and had to make it optional :)

Other than that, i must assume i brought dumbness back when i messed up with Arachnotron MKII again. I forgot to fix the state jumping.

We are working on it sir! On our way to 4.0!
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

"New intermission texts written by Deii! Too fucking awesome (english only). Thanks man"

They got really good and creative in the context of Doom :thumb:
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

I've really enjoyed following this mod after all this time. It really has changed a lot. It's all really solid and I love booting it up with Consolation Prize + the ambience pack mentioned on the previous page. Thank you GAA for an amazing mod. :D :) :wub:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:"New intermission texts written by Deii! Too fucking awesome (english only). Thanks man"

They got really good and creative in the context of Doom :thumb:
I thought so too. Did you got the doom Comics reference on Doom 2? :D
LedIris wrote:I've really enjoyed following this mod after all this time. It really has changed a lot. It's all really solid and I love booting it up with Consolation Prize + the ambience pack mentioned on the previous page. Thank you GAA for an amazing mod. :D :) :wub:
Your decorate and ACS lessons were and still are strong pillars to this. Wouldn't be the same without you. Thanks to you too ;)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I did not find it in the changelog but was it my impression or the sprites of the dead soldiers were replaced?
I found it cool, one suggestion is to replace the sprites of dead bodies with spiders or other insects, Would combine a lot with the battlefield.

Obs: In my opinion this mod should win a for creativity and thematic spider, since I found no resemblance like this.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes, they did! Sorry, forgot about that one. I wanted to use Doom 64's, but they're way too big. So, i just used Freedoom's, so evertime the mod is loaded on custom players it keeps the originality. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Well, you can surely say it's the doom mod that explores insects more intensively than no other :lol:

:)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

GAA1992 wrote:Yes, they did! Sorry, forgot about that one. I wanted to use Doom 64's, but they're way too big. So, i just used Freedoom's, so evertime the mod is loaded on custom players it keeps the originality. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Well, you can surely say it's the doom mod that explores insects more intensively than no other :lol:

:)
That! Exactly my friend. :thumb:
Deii

Post by Deii »

Captain J wrote:
- RG-220 Auto Slugger Carbine doesn't feel like i'm shooting an automatic shotgun loaded with slug rounds. I mean, it has no special effects like penetration or powerful puff, just shoots only one deadly hitscan.
I'm almost sure that the auto in its name refers to its autoloading nature, as in: you shoot one round, and the action cycles to both eject the spent shell and feed a new one. Plenty of firearms (particularly older ones) have automatic in their name but do nothing more than work as I explained above.
I will agree with you that it could use some fancy puff sprites...but from the looks of it, it really shooting just a big bullet (speaking of that, the magazine shows a bullet loaded into it, any plans on changing that so it's a shell?).
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

No, what i mean is, the effect of the fired rounds. Yes, only that. I know how automatic shotguns works and i'm not against with that. The shot just needs some special effects to put cherry on top.
Lime

Post by Lime »

New Class, New Spider Mastermind, Special Intros, & Tweaks, My Wish has come true. This update just made it much more better! I'll keep an eye on your mod for more updates.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide v4.0 [Update 06/03]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HEY GUYS, it's a me! I've came to say that Aracnocide 4.0 is up and running!

This update fixes and add many things! I just ask of you that, if you spot a bug, please report me and i'll fiz it as soon as possible! My internet connection is giving me problems again, so i might take a little bit to respond.
Spoiler:
My next plans are to add a new 3d model for ivulnerability powerup and remove some custom pickups from weapon pack to improve compatibility!

Hope you guys have a lot of fun with this one!
wolf00

Re: Aracnocide v4.0 [Update 06/03]

Post by wolf00 »

emeny like marines/soldiers/civilian infested by spider's[they know how using guns] can be insteresting, something like headcrab's zombies in half_life

Return to “Gameplay Mods”