Total Chaos - Open alpha out now!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Total Chaos - Open alpha out now!

Post by Nash »

Error trying to load the latest TC open alpha with the latest devbuilds for GZDoom:
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "tc_super_alpha02b.pk3:actors/leaves/actions.txt" line 1:
Tried to register class 'LeafSpawner' more than once.
GZDoom 2.3.2 (official build) https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download does not have this error... players should use GZDoom 2.3.2 to play the open alpha for now
Wad'a'Holic

Post by Wad'a'Holic »

Cheers for the kind words Nash.

I'll be hotfixing that leafspawner bug sometime this evening.
Hope you guys have fun!
Nash wrote:(Wad'a'holic you really need to hang out here more with us XD)
I really do!
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Speaking of TC alpha

Topping out at a bit over 1GB this may be too much of a file size for some. Here is what I experienced with it.
When loading into 2.3.2 I get these logfiles, one telling me which files are loaded and one telling me what happens with GZDoom
Spoiler:
but the game will play.

When loading into gzdoom-x64-g2.4pre-593 I get this logfile
Spoiler:
and no dice.

I have to say though that the visuals are almost out of this world and present an eerie presence. However, I hope that there will be more variety to lighting and architecture than just grey tunnels, and that the gameplay in the final version will be more than just searching for a key which opens so many electrical panels or doors.
(Epilepsy warning! – Less flashy lights, but still a couple here and there)
That one really bothered me, not that the lights flashed but that the lamp did not flash in sync with the light. :)

Yea, I know the game still is in it's infancy, so keep up the good work. :thumb:
Nash

Post by Nash »

MODELDEF flags must not have the + prefix. Just PITCHFROMMOMENTUM will do.

As a result of that wrong syntax, probably most of the impact visual FX don't look correct in-game.

I strongly urge you go through every warning until the game starts up with a clean console log. :D
Wad'a'Holic

Post by Wad'a'Holic »

Will have all that log spam fixed up before the final release :mrgreen:
Kappes Buur wrote:I have to say though that the visuals are almost out of this world and present an eerie presence. However, I hope that there will be more variety to lighting and architecture than just grey tunnels, and that the gameplay in the final version will be more than just searching for a key which opens so many electrical panels or doors.
Cheers for the feedback! I've saved the best for later. The next two maps resemble nothing like the first two :wink:
protox

Post by protox »

Extremely impressive, I could easily see this being a commercial title if it was fully finished, all the bugs are fixed and running standalone.

Speaking of bugs, the only real issue I had is that your mouse controls are also inverted in inventory if you also use inverse.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”