ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V3.7 [Update 17/02] THIRD CLASS!!!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot!

No problem man. I can rename them and add changelogs and stuff for reference on a .txt for the next updates.

All i'm waiting now is for Yukes magic on bringin' me some good stuff to add :)
Deii

Post by Deii »

Two words: Holy. Shit.

This new class is all sorts of rad and it definitely gets my seal of approval as far as how its weapon lineup was created. That fucking slug carbine thing in particular, it's RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

One thing I wanted to point out is the possibility of an option to not upgrade weapons, or perhaps something along its lines being implemented as a difficulty-dependent add-on (i.e., if you play on the easiest or second easiest skill you won't get access to the upgraded weapons); or perhaps have the upgrade actually be done by upgrade boxes that rarely drop from monsters. It's also because chaingunguys very rarely are encountered alone, so if you kill one you're pretty much set to upgrade your light automatic weapons soon after.

Also I'm lowkey hoping for a female class in the future. That's uh...for scientific reasons, I assure you - but then again your options sprite-wise are pretty limited as we previously mentioned in this here thread! Anyway, I'll see if I find any bugs to report!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I'll work something for the weapons pack if possible. I can't say i properly know how to code this, but MAPINFO will be my first way of doing it.

You'll find next update EVEN. MORE. RAD.

It'll be legen- wait for it
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V3.7 [Update 18/02] One last akimbo

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

DAAAARY, IT'S LEGENDARY

I'm very happy with this new update. I've finally ran outta of nitpicks.

And i hope you guys enjoy it as well. Unless i discover some death freeze unholy glitch or some new decorate grails, this might stay around a little. :)
Spoiler:

GO GO GO GO
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Deii wrote: Also I'm lowkey hoping for a female class in the future. That's uh...for scientific reasons, I assure you - but then again your options sprite-wise are pretty limited as we previously mentioned in this here thread! Anyway,
A female class?

here's my possible weapon list for a future female class
Spoiler:
A Sniper Rifle-type might be come back since it was appeared in old versions before was omitted with 1 for each class

Derrick C. Wolfe: Karabiner 98k
Blake Kliessen: SVD Dragunov
Marion Callahan: M14 EBR

Bring the M60 back from the old version with the Gatling Gun is now exclusive to Blake
Blake Kliessen: Gatling Gun
Derrick C. Wolfe: M60 (ZikShadow had already made the M60 centered along with other modern weapons from the SidDoyle's Special Weapons thread)
Marion Callahan: DP-27
Last edited by skyrish10 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V3.8 [Update 18/02] One last akimbo

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

What i can say about the DP-27 and the removed rifles, is that they are left on a folder i have here, along with some other WWII weapons i have.

I wanted (this is not a 4th class project, seriously) to do something WWII themed long ago. I canceled, but the idea was not having any north american weapons. Just Russian and German ones. The cast would be like this:

1 - Machete
2 - Tokarev TT33 / Mauser C96 Schnellfeuer
3 - Karabiner 98k / Mosin Nagant
4 - MP40 / PPSh-41
5 - Stielhandgranates
6 - MG-42 / DP-27
7 - Panzerfaust 100

So,, if any day i get my lazy ass to work on this, i'm sure it could be a female player, to stop the sausage party like Deii said hahahahaha :lol:

Also, the main link is off, but just for a few minutes, i swear! Yukes just told me there were enemy sounds missing. I'm uploading the fixed files at the moment. FIXED
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuka

Post by Stuka »

You're going to make B.J. Blazkowicz?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

B. J. No, but a girl this time :)

Also, thanks to YukesVonFaust, Bottini2x reloads are a lot cooler now, and BFG projectile was fixed.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Since you've added so many different weapons, would you mind adding a way to simply choose what weapons we want for each slot? I mean, choosing what pistol/shotgun/SSG etc we would want to use in each slot.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry, i wish my coding power could be THAT good.

I wanted to do a Resident Evil Inventory system in the past too (with weapon descriptions, reloading functions, equips...), but after failing on searching desired results (not to mention any game that uses custom inventories slows my machine to the last, except for lost in haze) it's a long gone desire.

Also, making it random, would break balance a little. Not that i care THAT much about balance, but still. If somebody feels like the "X" weapon feels better with another player, i can research another points of view or so, but unfortunately i can't code something that level.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

GAA1992 wrote:Sorry, i wish my coding power could be THAT good.

I wanted to do a Resident Evil Inventory system in the past too (with weapon descriptions, reloading functions, equips...), but after failing on searching desired results (not to mention any game that uses custom inventories slows my machine to the last, except for lost in haze) it's a long gone desire.

Also, making it random, would break balance a little. Not that i care THAT much about balance, but still. If somebody feels like the "X" weapon feels better with another player, i can research another points of view or so, but unfortunately i can't code something that level.
Nah I mean more like a 5th player class who's weapons are determined via an options screen. Said screen would list all the options for the respective slots, and what you have selected would be what weapon you would have. So it would be probably be something like, select an option, that option gives the player an item, then, based on what item the player has on them, they are granted that weapon. You could probably do some sort of failsafe thing so that players will only get that weapon once they picked it up via a 2nd inventory item.

It'd just be weird inventory item hackery stuff. It could probably be done better via Zscript, but that's so new I'm not even sure how to do that. Anyway, hope that kind've explains what my idea was.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I got you.

Dunno if it draws from the same system, but Smooth Doom comes into my mind, since you can choose which weapons are from Doom 64 or not.

If i get to learn something like this, that would be very cool!

There's one little thing i would like to do, and probably would need some hard work on menudef. I wanted to make the option to see a little Description of the character, so the player can confirm before going to the episode or difficulty screen. And, if you choose the highest difficulty, make a little noise like in Quake III Nightmare.

Actually i'm going to post this on the editing thread.
Deii

Post by Deii »

GAA1992 wrote: There's one little thing i would like to do, and probably would need some hard work on menudef. I wanted to make the option to see a little Description of the character, so the player can confirm before going to the episode or difficulty screen. And, if you choose the highest difficulty, make a little noise like in Quake III Nightmare.
If you happen to need help with writing the descriptions themselves, I'd be glad to help. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I would love to read them!

I've wrote something, but i found it so simple and shitty i even felt ashamed to show to Yukes :p

I'm terrible with storyboards.
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V3.8 [Update 19/02] Quick Fix

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just a information bump. The link was updated as i noticed three things on the main file:

- The new sounds for Arachnotron MKII weren't there.
- The Dual Bottinis reload item were missing.
- The "About" screen wasn't redirecting to the Spiders warning.

Everything should be okay by now.

Also, while we're at it:

Old Screenie.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”