[TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GreenLegacy

Re: [TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17 Released (updated 5 jan 2017

Post by GreenLegacy »

PlayerLin wrote:
GreenLegacy wrote: oh that's why i need more tester and feedback thank you for playing i just fixed that bug :)

if you having trouble with big size hud you have to disable "stretch fullscreen hud" option

option-->hud option-->"stretch fullscreen hud"off got it?

actally i don't have idea on "big size hud" problem right now

when i use old version of gzdoom didn't happened like this, i think we have to manually until i find out
This is the screenshot taken on 800x600 resolution, stretch fullscreen hud is off for sure. I'm using GZDooM x64-g2.4pre-42-g62ea83a from here.

I think about that a little more, maybe just 800x600 is too small for the HUD artworks... :3:
fine, and camera bug was critical plz use this link to download 0.17b!
https://mega.nz/#!v1Y3mQLS!xzx34k2l53YK ... P2Cf4tXpzI
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I downloaded and played around with 0.17b, it works, but...

The camera bug seems not totally fixed since I somehow get it happens randomly with my own test map(it has shitload of exploding barrels! :P ) but I know how to fix it back with console command and I'm sure it won't really happens on most of id official or user-made levels so I think it's fine for now unless I found a reliable way to get it happens and I can proper report it again...
Spoiler:
Looking forward your next release of BW mod. :)
GreenLegacy

Re: [TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b Released (updated 8 jan 201

Post by GreenLegacy »

Blackwarrior’s New Sprite

he became more like a cartoon style character.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks simple and great, just like what cartoon style demands!
soljer13

Post by soljer13 »

Hello, im loving this mod/wad. But I have a problem. When I dodge, I get a prompt telling me to press F to slide, but when I do nothing happens and there's an error message up the upper left corner, something about unbound key.

This problem gets worse because I try see if I can fix this under control customization but I see no "dodge" function to assign the key too. Help?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

it's supposed to tell you to press your quick melee key
the prompt just doesn't change if the controls are changed
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Stomp skill test

previous version of stomp skill was really hard to activate
(have to fell down from really high place)

but this time i changed more easy to use
(just press melee button when you are float in the air.)
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

The new sprite looks good. Even though I prefer the old one for some reasons, just saying, I didn't against about changes. :p

Also...
PlayerLin wrote: The camera bug seems not totally fixed since I somehow get it happens randomly with my own test map(it has shitload of exploding barrels! :P ) but I know how to fix it back with console command and I'm sure it won't really happens on most of id official or user-made levels so I think it's fine for now unless I found a reliable way to get it happens and I can proper report it again...
I get it reproduce-able, save a game if not any, try get knock down by enemies but don't get up, just load any savegame, and the camera position still on lower one.

Also, maybe chance just low, but if you get knock down when you're doing some special move and its animation still not ends, the player sprite won't go into "down state" and camera still on normal position but the game shows the knock downed message and you can't move until you decide "get up". Just minor glitches but looks funny when happens. :p
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

soljer13 wrote:I get a prompt telling me to press F to slide, but when I do nothing happens and there's an error message up the upper left corner, something about unbound key.
This problem gets worse because I try see if I can fix this under control customization but I see no "dodge" function to assign the key too. Help?
comet1337 said wrote:it's supposed to tell you to press your quick melee key
the prompt just doesn't change if the controls are changed
yeah i have to change the prompt if the controls are changed
when i making that display script i considered that problem already and i'm still looking for fix it.

but hey what? there's an error message up the upper left corner? i need to find out what is the problem

there is a temporarily way to fix this. Just type the "bind F +user2" at the console
because default key of quick melee is "F".

PlayerLin wrote:
I get it reproduce-able, save a game if not any, try get knock down by enemies but don't get up, just load any savegame, and the camera position still on lower one.

Also, maybe chance just low, but if you get knock down when you're doing some special move and its animation still not ends, the player sprite won't go into "down state" and camera still on normal position but the game shows the knock downed message and you can't move until you decide "get up". Just minor glitches but looks funny when happens. :p
ah..need to fight with camera bug again XD
really i'm thanks to you i didn't expected that way can find the camera bug.
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

I considered many times and finally decided to delete 'Aimdownsights' function. I mean function of altfire will change to melee from Aimdownsights.

every time i tested and i realized that melee attack is quite useful.
Damage is good, charging attack,kicking and windmill.. but i didn't used many time. I think problem was melee weapon has slot.

It's not only my behavior i believe many people don't using melee weapon because there is already good weapon exist like akimbo pistol and punisher pistol.

and 'Aimdownsights' it's not that worthy while playing the game.
yeah, aimdown will increase the accuracy.but most of the weapon in black warrior has poor accuracy(except sniper rifle and pistol) even if you aiming down to target.

So..i will make more melee attack be useful and increase all of the weapon's accuracy.

consequently. "change weapon's mode" key will change to another key and there is no more Aimdownsights.
If there is no specific weapon mode in some weapons
i'll add something more useful weapon mode instead of aimdownsights. :d
doomguy214

REMOVING WEAPON LIMIT FOR MY PERSONAL PURPOSES

Post by doomguy214 »

Can u please guide how to remove weapon Limit from Mod for My personal Purposes if Possible.

Thanking u in advance

Please Ignore the Post. I no longer interested in Mods. Thanks for Reading
doomguy214

WEAPON LIMIT REMOVING PATCH

Post by doomguy214 »

WEAPON LIMIT REMOVING PATCH.RELEASED WITH PERMISSION OF ORIGINAL AUTHOR
Attachments
Decorate.PK3
(115.6 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice job on the patch and asking permission. Although i'd like to see it able to switch on the menu.
doomguy214

Re: [TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Post by doomguy214 »

Does any one have any idea how to play doom 2 map 30 instead of custom map of mods & regarding weapons limit off through mmenu I have no idea how to do this using cvar. If any one can plz contact author to edit the mod
GreenLegacy

Re: [TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Post by GreenLegacy »

doomguy214 wrote:Does any one have any idea how to play doom 2 map 30 instead of custom map of mods & regarding weapons limit off through mmenu
I will add that function to menu in next version. maybe some user dont want to play custom map while playing other pwad or mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”