[Uncensored BFG / Censored Doom]Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[Uncensored BFG / Censored Doom]Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again

Postby unRyker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Earlier I accidentally pressed enter without clicking the textbox and submitted an unfinished post, oops. Good thing I deleted it almost instantly.
Sorry if you saw that. It only contained the image title with no text below it, giving it absolutely no context! It was pretty much accidental gibberish neo-nazi spam.

(If I don't say this you will wonder why nothing is different in regular Doom 2)
If you have Regular Doom/ Doom 2, please scroll down to #NaziLivesMatter

What always irked me was how not only did they replace the Nazis with low-skill zombiemen, they completely broke the smurfs' graphic lumps-
making custom maps unplayable because Nazis are invisible- yet you'd still hear and intereact with them which is such a tease. GET 'EM OUT!

• Includes the missing sprites of the blue schutzstaffels. (Except for the last gib frames. They're intact in BFG Edition for some reason!)
  • Includes the Nazi textures for playability, decoration. (Seriously, I spent almost 5 minutes looking for the invulnerability secret on MAP32)
  • DEHACKED replacing automap names for maximum vanilla compatibility! (That was the hardest, but simplest part for me.)
  • Original image lumps of the map names have been included. (Now this patch lives up to its name!)
  • Modified MAP31 and MAP32 have been included to replace zombiemen back with Nazis along with its respective music.
  • An optional file named 'meds.wad' to replace the new medikits with their original counterparts for both Doom 1 and Doom 2 BFG Edition wads.
  • TITLEPIC to fix an annoying black screen in certain sourceports.

This is easily an iffy issue that's heavily debatable. Its purpose is meant to port the original maps and content over to DOOM 3: BFG Edition's IWAD. They are all modifying
files on the IWAD along with some DEHACKED to even change the automap to get the detail down just right. Its goal is similar to the Doom Sprite Fixing Project- patching
things that are deemed unacceptable. However, the Doom Sprite Fixing project is acceptable to everyone for all the right reasons- even if it includes images with modified
offsets for maximum compatibility for Vanilla Doom as well! Arguably yes, it is legal as it is adding missing content to a game that was basically a re-release of the same game
that is open-source, and this wad cannot run as an iwad.
However, if you are still skeptical, you can freely download the WAD and take a look inside and politely debate with me.
If you bring up solid points, we can compromise.

If you are running in a ZDoom-based sourceport, then you do not need to load miwa.deh as it's included in the WAD already that ZDoom can recognize!
Please load MIWA.deh if you are playing on any other sourceport.

KNOWN COMPATIBLE SOURCEPORTS
  • ZDoom
  • GZDoom
  • Zandronum
  • Chocolate Doom -> (YES, BUT NEEDS WORKAROUND [see code below]).
  • PrBoom+ -> (SORT OF) Loads textures, music and lumps, but the Zombiemen aren't properly replaced with Nazis.

To properly load in Chocolate Doom
Code: Select allExpand view
chocolate-doom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -merge miwa.wad -merge meds.wad -deh miwa.deh

chocolate-doom.exe -iwad doom.wad -merge meds.wad

NOTICE
To ensure maximum compatibility between this and Doom's Sprite Fixing Project, please load miwa.wad and meds.wad first!

• ID Software - Graphics, Music, Maps
  • UndeadRyker - Porting (AKA Copy & Pasting), DEHACKED

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----------------------
-----------------------

(If I don't say this you will wonder why nothing is different in BFG Edition Doom 2)
If you have BFG Edition Doom/ Doom 2, please scroll up to Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again

Aren't you tired of poor lost souls not getting through their thick, bigoted skulls that #NaziLivesMatter(too)? Come, on- seriously? It's $CURRENTYEAR!
Well, now you can be progressive and solve this problem. Now you can safely play Doom II's secret levels without committing the deplorable, reprehensible,
offensive act of-- *gasp* shooting nazis.

• Breaks sprites of the blue schutzstaffels. (Except for the last gib frames. They're intact in BFG Edition for some reason!)
  • What Nazi decorations? (Oh, you mean the [REDACTED]s, hope you know these secret doors by heart...) - The Record Has Been Corrected
  • DEHACKED replacing automap names for maximum vanilla compatibility!
  • New image lumps of the map names have been included. (There's no reason to fantasize about shooting Nazis anymore!)
  • Modified MAP31 and MAP32 have been included to replace [REDACTED] with Zombiemen along with music 'D_DOOM' for both secret maps. (What difference does it make?)
  • An optional file named 'bfgmeds.wad' to replace the original medikits with their new counterparts for both Doom 1 and Doom 2 (and more) original iwads.

If you are running in a ZDoom-based sourceport, then you do not need to load nlm.deh as it's included in the WAD already that ZDoom can recognize!
Please load nlm.deh if you are playing on any other sourceport.

KNOWN COMPATIBLE SOURCEPORTS
  • PrBoom+ should be fully compatible with this.
  • Please see above for more confirmed additional sourceports!

To properly load in Chocolate Doom
chocolate-doom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -merge nlm.wad -merge bfgmeds.wad -deh nlm.deh

chocolate-doom.exe -iwad doom.wad -merge bfgmeds.wad

• Bethesda - Designer
  • ID Software - Graphics, Music, Maps
  • UndeadRyker - Porting (AKA Copy & Pasting), DEHACKED

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you notice that there are two options tailored to BFG Edition and Vanilla Doom WADs? By downloading, you agree
that you have read the entire post to set this up correctly and properly, and will not be confused on why nothing is
different in my game should I press the wrong button.
Last edited by unRyker on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
unRyker

Re: [RELEASED](DOOM II -> BFG) Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again

Postby Jimmy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:59 pm

And the award for "most painfully shoehorned-in political overtones in a Doom mod thread" goes to...
Jimmy
I picked a fine day to be lactose intolerant

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared

Postby unRyker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey, I thought the overall concept was pretty fitting to be honest with you- I wanted to make it special and now I get an award!

I'll admit I could've probably came up with a friendlier, suitable theme if I posted it later but I see too many utility mods' names that literally do what's in the title to let this opportunity pass. It's not that painful and forced if you really ask me- simply put that's just how I chose to display the mod so no problem here. It shouldn't harm anyone.
unRyker

Postby LkMax » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Jimmy wrote:And the award for "most painfully shoehorned-in political overtones in a Doom mod thread" goes to...

I don't get it. Is it about the Reagan reference in the title? :0)
LkMax

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:53 am

Have you thought of adding the original medkits too?
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby unRyker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:51 pm

I have just added them into the download. I liked the BFG Edition's medikits because it implies that Doom takes place even farther in the future, assuming the Red Cross is no longer relevant and somehow went bankrupt and rebranded or replaced by another futuristic health organization- but it was censored to avoid an unjust lawsuit now that you brought it up.

An optional file 'meds.wad' have been added to the download containing only the crosses on the medical kits- for the sake of consistency of content available in Doom 1 minimizing unnecessary load times of the maps and other features that shouldn't be available in the first Doom. In addition, their offsets have been manually fixed from their original counterparts.

EDIT: Main post has been updated.
EDIT2: Reccomended some other wads to improve your Vanilla Doom experience.
unRyker

Re: [RELEASED](Uncensored BFG) Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again

Postby Nevander » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Why'd they change the stuff anyway? Are people really that anal about stuff in 20+ years old video games?
Nevander
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Nevander wrote:Why'd they change the stuff anyway? Are people really that anal about stuff in 20+ years old video games?

They can be if it is intended to be marketed worldwide in countries where the presence of Nazi symbolism can result in the game's ban.
wildweasel
May or may not have a pumpernickel addiction
Moderator Team Lead

Postby TonicBH » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:10 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Nevander wrote:Why'd they change the stuff anyway? Are people really that anal about stuff in 20+ years old video games?

They can be if it is intended to be marketed worldwide in countries where the presence of Nazi symbolism can result in the game's ban.

Especially when it's easier (and faster) to just censor all versions than to make a unique version for Germany separate from other versions. It sucks, but hey.
TonicBH

Postby NeuralStunner » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:45 pm

They couldn't even have done the Doom 2 GBA thing, and simply replaced the offending textures? They could even have done something hilariously self-referential like
Spoiler:
And replacement sprites shouldn't be too hard... Hell, recolored Doomguys could work.
NeuralStunner
Worldcrafter

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293

Postby LkMax » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:58 am

Or do like Metal Slug and replace the Swastika with a X
LkMax

A new party has appeared!

Postby unRyker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:26 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:They couldn't even have done the Doom 2 GBA thing, and simply replaced the offending textures? They could even have done something hilariously self-referential like (funny image) And replacement sprites shouldn't be too hard... Hell, recolored Doomguys could work.

This could work really well as a version of this, I have a feeling that the recolored Doomguys may seem a bit odd to use in the case of multiplayer co-op, but regardless- it would have been at least far more playable if BFG Edition had done what you suggested!

Anyways, a new rival as appeared to go against #MIWA, #NLM! It's time to pick a file, or will you download neither and not do anything about it? #NaziLivesMatter has a treat in store for all the original Doom wad owners- while #MakeIDKFAWolfensteinAgain has a treat for the BFG Edition owners!

Disclaimer: Don't try to take this theme seriously, it's all in good fun.
unRyker

Re: [Uncensored BFG / Censored Doom]Make IDKFA Wolfenstein A

Postby 3371-Alpha » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I think I found two more "auto-load worthy" wads you could link here.
First there's the HQ Doom Music Pack, It replaces the music with higher quality tracks. It's more of a remaster than a remix so there's no destruction of authenticity. And second there's Ransu's Remastered Game Music. This one's also a remaster. Don't let the Zandronum thing fool you, it's fully compatible with zDoom and derivatives.
Since both packs modify music, users will have to pick one or the other.
3371-Alpha
Prefers classic games and computers over modern ones

Postby Ethril » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:21 am

NeuralStunner wrote:They could even have done something hilariously self-referential like
Spoiler:

Ahahahaha that's brilliant
Ethril
F1

Re: [Uncensored BFG / Censored Doom]Make IDKFA Wolfenstein A

Postby 3371-Alpha » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Is it just me or did all of the decorative pictures from your original post vanish and get replaced by the word "image"?
3371-Alpha
Prefers classic games and computers over modern ones

Next

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches