UAC Vinur Prime Research Base - REDUX

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] UAC Vinur Prime Research Base (RC1 is out!)

Post by DoomKrakken »

Oh my gosh, there's gonna be more to this map?! :D
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Yes, i told even before the first release that my plans is make an outside areae showing the city in the far background with a road leading to there and that will be the true exit, not simply pressing on the door and poof.

For now it shouldn't be hard to make the valley i want to make the player fight the remanining monsters, then since the city will be background only, i do not have to care with detailings the streets on it, only the buildings.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Zanieon wrote:Yes, i told even before the first release that my plans is make an outside areae showing the city in the far background with a road leading to there and that will be the true exit, not simply pressing on the door and poof.

For now it shouldn't be hard to make the valley i want to make the player fight the remanining monsters, then since the city will be background only, i do not have to care with detailings the streets on it, only the buildings.
Make sense to me, don't need more detail to end it in an epic way, right?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

It looks interesting but the problem with these kind of scales is the heavy tiling of the lowres textures.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

leodoom85 wrote:Make sense to me, don't need more detail to end it in an epic way, right?
Detail is something quite required for this since as Tormentor pointed out, the way the outside of the map is by now is pretty dull due to the lack of detailing and that makes the textures tiles too much, the vanilla textures were never meant to tile in extreme scales as this one.

BTW, Tormentor you know me by my other works, never that i will deliver this map with the low amount of details it have in the outside part for now, i will try make some tiles breaks on it and yet try not go too much beyond the visual feeling of maps made around 2000.
BFG

Post by BFG »

great map, still haven't completed it yet, it just goes on forever, which is a good thing! at first I thought it was going to be a really small map but was pleasantly surprised
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Okay some progress were made and here's the last screenshot before the final release:

Probably it will be finished by this week or the first half of the next.
Last edited by Zanieon on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

YES! YES! YESSSSS!

Can't wait to paint these here walls red with Brutal Guncaster! :D

It looks awesome, Zanieon! Keep it up! :D
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] UAC Vinur Prime Research Base (RC2 Released!)

Post by Zanieon »

Bump!

RC2 is out, hope everyone enjoys what is behind the Hangar's Gate now :D
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

play it in OpenGL simulating Software renderer? care to explain how that works?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Disable texture filtering, dynamic lights, put lightmode in software, enable banded software lightmode...

Well i made this cfg if you don't want setup everything to make OGL looks like SW renderer, put it in the same folder where gzdoom exe is and then open the game and type "exec softsim.cfg" in console and you're done, the only thing that this config don't enable from Software mode is the palette tonemap because the skybox was made in truecolor instead of paletted.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

There seem to be a couple of glitches now... when I get into the north hangar, the gates shut and don't open. I've killed everything in the room, and I haven't found any switches that appeared to trigger the gates to open/close within the hangar.

Also, after unlocking the adjacent room to the north hangar (which connects the north hangar with the other big room that comes after the teleporter slaughterfest), the gates to the city still won't open.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

1. Try without the mod you're using, a friend told me the same thing and he was playing the map with Smooth Doom which for some reason bugs the script which should open the door after you kill all imps and pinkies.

2. Follow the above

TBH don't play this with any mod that breaks Thing_Count which a couple of mods loves to do because of A_SpawnItemEx or other trickery to spawn monsters the wrong way, it breaks a ton of maps which relies in TIDs in monsters to work properly, this map is no exception.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ah. Brutal Guncaster will do that. Playing with normal Guncaster, like I was doing, should work.

Oh well, gotta restart... (shrug)
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Impressive...most impressive. Kinda like what would happen if Michael Krause made ZDoom maps.

Return to “Levels”