The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Caligari87 »

Nash hits the point on the head. People are tired of praising hollow, empty promises.

Believe me, I know something about abandoned projects. Search around and I'll bet you'll find at least a dozen of mine. The difference is I * (and most others here) don't act like the Second Coming of Christ and expect everyone to whip themselves into a hype orgy every time I screenshot some context-free corner trim or lighting effects.

8-)

* (IMHO of course. I have no idea if people percieve me like that or not)
Last edited by Caligari87 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Back to that picture of "The Corral", I cant work out if it's pixel art or 3D. The daytime image looks quite pixel-art-like (like the background images in some 90's point and click adventures) but the night-time shot looks less so and it's from a different angle making me think that the whole thing is 3D.
kodi

Post by kodi »

I should be annoyed if anyone due to the time and effort I spent working on two of those projects, but I really don't have it in me to be mad at people on forums (and rarely in real life for that matter).
I sincerely wish these projects will see completion.
GENTEK wrote:Yeah! I have a problem with peoples who take time for that instead like me who say ONLY what I find cool!
No one has immunity from criticism here. But if you feel someone is stepping over the line into personal attacks you should report them immediately.
GENTEK

Post by GENTEK »

kodi wrote:I should be annoyed if anyone due to the time and effort I spent working on two of those projects, but I really don't have it in me to be mad at people on forums (and rarely in real life for that matter).
I sincerely wish these projects will see completion.
Kodi Dark Forces is really pimped now and will be released after Wasteland to focus on just one Main project so all our work is not lost and all your past help is greatly appreciated! :wink:
Enjay wrote:Back to that picture of "The Corral", I cant work out if it's pixel art or 3D. The daytime image looks quite pixel-art-like (like the background images in some 90's point and click adventures) but the night-time shot looks less so and it's from a different angle making me think that the whole thing is 3D.
This is Graphics ripped from T2: Judgment Day SNES! When I take a break of 2-3 days of Wasteland I work on my SNES Collection it's so funny, fast & easy to do! :D
Last edited by GENTEK on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'm of two minds on this.

GENTEK should be free to work on whatever he wants to work on it. Whether or not he even plans to release it is entirely up to him. The people who are complaining about him doing so many projects probably ought to mind their own business.

At the same time, though, GENTEK's responses to the people who have legitimate concerns that he's losing focus? Those responses he's written are not only repeating things he's already said, they're no less aggressive than before. As much as I feel like he could legitimately have had his feelings wrecked (some folks just need a little validation, and this response isn't good for that), this is really no way to act when people have concerns that they're airing.

TL;DR, everybody settle the hell down and leave well enough alone.
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

Now you know what I do:
1: Wasteland is what I actually do! Actual
2: Dark Forces is for sure the next! Wait
3: MAX PAYNE is my futur third project on list! Wait
Retro Collection is SNES & SEGA games Env recreated in 3D for fun when I take a tiny break of my main project! This one will be released fastly but updated after!
All others are freezed or just prototype for fun! Im sincerely sorry for the disapointment! :(
Last edited by GENTEK on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Toying with the idea of a custom pathing system for 3D enemies. It's really janky at the moment and I need to find a better way to detect walls and dropoffs, but it kind of works. The awful sounds are there so I can tell which state they're in.
Angel-Neko_X
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

GENTEK wrote:Présentement je travaille sur Wasteland donc oui mes autres projets sont en attente. Dark Forces seras probablement le suivant et durant tout ce travail je peaufine mes autres projets quand je prend une pause! :D
GENTEK wrote:Wasteland is what I actually do!
Dark Forces is for sure the next!
Retro Collection is SNES & SEGA game recreated for fun when I take a tiny break of my main project! This one will be released fastly but update after!
All others are freezed! Im sincerely sorry for the disapointment! :(
Je commence à comprendre que tu préféres prendre ton temps pour des gros projets qui ont des gros potentiels.
En tout cas, la plupart tel que Max Payne, Mad Max sont les plus sur-réalistes par rapport aux autres que j'ai vu pour quelques megawads
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

Merci! Ça fait du bien de voir un peu compréhension :D MAD MAX seras un perso bonus dans Wasteland et bien sur son chien seras là aussi! :wink:
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Well, this is Venara Rarkon, she uses Crash's boots and Lauren's bracelets as base meshes but everything else is pretty much done by me, this week i'm going to texturize her in Substance Painter as well animate to use in that scene i posted previously.

This entire new year vacations i'm using to focus on this game project that is the conclusion work of my game design course, the deadline is Jan 28, after that if the game goes well i may continue it alongside Hunter's Moon, otherwise it will be only a playable demo of a game, OFC it will be free since i'm carrying this more as hobbie and it still uses very few ripped resources but most i'm trying to make on my own.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looking cool cyberpunk character you have there! I'm digging that long coat!
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Here's a WIP screenshot for my GZDoom game that I'm developing (click for higher resolution):

It's going to be a 2D platform-game in the style of classic Castlevania. I still have a long road ahead of me, but I'm making progress.

The player can move to the left and right using the strafe-buttons. This also makes playing with a controller feel smooth and painless.
I'm currently using place-holder sprites ripped from Castlevania: Dracula X (plus some other stuff I ripped elsewhere), but the final product will have 100% original artwork and designs.

I hope this screenshot isn't too big for the forums. Please let me know if I should scale it down.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Retro Collection is SNES & SEGA game recreated for fun when I take a tiny break of my main project! This one will be released fastly but update after!
I bet a hundred dollars that these 3 projects never will get finished with you as a leader. Yes, this comment is not necessary but hey, take it as a motivational help.

Other than that I totally agree with Cali and Nash, it's exactly the reason why I am so damn annoyed about you and your search for praise.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Tormentor667 wrote:
I bet a hundred dollars that these 3 projects never will get finished with you as a leader. Yes, this comment is not necessary but hey, take it as a motivational help.

Other than that I totally agree with Cali and Nash, it's exactly the reason why I am so damn annoyed about you and your search for praise.

Before the mods need to step in, lol, I think it should be said that we aren't getting anywhere.
Some projects won't get finished. It's a fact of life that for most of us, the talent and skill may be better suited to smaller projects.
I may seem to be one of Gentek's biggest critics sometimes, but I have also tried to give him a lot of support. If anything, it's the short fuse that is the problem.
If you don't feel the need to give praise, don't feel obliged to. It wouldn't be the first tall claims we've seen (but look at Daikatana, or Duke Nukem forever, was it worth the wait but that's another story)
It bothers me too when a promising project doesn't get off the ground. Personally I think he should focus on something more personal or unique. But he is still learning, let's be honest
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Honestly? Torm's whining about GENTEK's projects is probably more annoying at this point than GENTEK's projects themselves. Granted they may never be released but it's pointless ragging on at someone trying to prove yourself right. Hell I've got plenty of projects on the go at the moment (Raven Voxels, wizardry, custom gun, Hexen souls, rogue and a hell of a more) and nobody says anything. Maybe my projects are just not that interesting.

Return to “Off-Topic”