Special Weapons: Updated 01-24-17

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: Special Weapons: Updated 12-07-16 [beta]

Post by ZikShadow »

hydralist94 wrote: Well yes, but in the end mainly those weapons only damage monsters.
I think those are the actual purpose of "weapons".
Kill, incapacitate, or perhaps, dare i say, damage something.

Jokes aside, this is a realistic weapons mod, not Russian Overkill, what else are you expecting?
There are plenty of other weapons mod out there that do those variety stuff you might like.
hydralist94

Post by hydralist94 »

ZikShadow wrote:
hydralist94 wrote: Well yes, but in the end mainly those weapons only damage monsters.
I think those are the actual purpose of "weapons".
Kill, incapacitate, or perhaps, dare i say, damage something.

Jokes aside, this is a realistic weapons mod, not Russian Overkill, what else are you expecting?
There are plenty of other weapons mod out there that do those variety stuff you might like.
How about a weapon that would heal a monster?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect our account-hijacker is back. Let's not dignify him with any more responses.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Special Weapons: RS3 Weapons for Doom [beta]

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

SidDoyle wrote:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:
SidDoyle wrote:Also, I would totally not object if you just wanted to make me about... 53 fully animated HUD weapons, preferably centered. Just kidding. Mostly. :P
If you're willing to have WW-Nazis style reloads, I might be able to help you out... :wink:
Well, I've got this whole buncha sprites courtesy of ZikShadow's searching, and Crudux Cruo is doing a fine job cutting the big ones into separate frames and has offered to put hands on them, buuut... I wonder if we could divide work up between you guys and destroy these gun sprites twice as fast? I'll have to discuss it with him and see how it goes; I already know you make some incredible quality animations, so I can't ignore an offer from you. :)
Ah well if you already have some sprites put together I could do some animation stuff with them. This is a really neat mod so I'd be happy to help out with it!
Josh771

Re: Special Weapons: RS3 Weapons for Doom [beta]

Post by Josh771 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
SidDoyle wrote:Well, I've got this whole buncha sprites courtesy of ZikShadow's searching, and Crudux Cruo is doing a fine job cutting the big ones into separate frames and has offered to put hands on them, buuut... I wonder if we could divide work up between you guys and destroy these gun sprites twice as fast? I'll have to discuss it with him and see how it goes; I already know you make some incredible quality animations, so I can't ignore an offer from you. :)
Ah well if you already have some sprites put together I could do some animation stuff with them. This is a really neat mod so I'd be happy to help out with it!
Yeah, they're currently scaled down and there will be hands added to them soon. Do you think you'd be able to get some nice reload animations put together for them? I only have centered frames for Ready and Fire, so you'd need to tilt things and try to fudge the images a bit to add perspective. Also keep in mind that I have reload sound effects already ripped from RS3 for each and every weapon, so if the animations could line up with those sounds that would be superb (I guess that might require you to witness the reloads from RS3 though to understand exactly what all the sounds represent, unless you're alright with guesswork. Pistols and stuff would be pretty straightforward - mag out, mag in).

Also I'm currently in the middle of a painstaking re-write of all the weapons. They will now have stats defined as constants in their Decorate, so changing a weapon is as easy as modifying one of its stats - accuracy, damage, stability, etc.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hello!
- Good Mod. This brings back some old games without any weapons shown on camera. Classic. adding more weapons is really something.
Josh771

Re: Special Weapons: Updated 12-09-16 [beta]

Post by Josh771 »

Update: Tweaked all weapon behaviors slightly and redesigned the "weapon-inaccuracy-from-movement" system to use a slightly higher resolution of inventory count (from 100 max "inacc" to 1000 max). Almost all weapons are easier to handle now if you stand still, but they're more inaccurate than before if you're moving - especially running.

There are also some changes to player movement; let me know if this breaks playability on any of your favorite maps and I can revert the changes.

I also just finished refactoring all of the weapon DECORATE to use constants; now one can simply adjust values like "dmg", "acc", and "stb" to change the weapon's behavior, as they all use roughly the same formulas for their mechanics (Note: in order to change a weapon's maximum magazine size, you must change both the "mag" constant of the weapon and the Inventory.MaxAmount of the ammo actor).

This will make it easier for me to adjust the way weapons behave, whether by replacing the formula or the stats themselves. It also means you can modify the weapons yourself without figuring out my math if you're DECORATE savvy.
Josh771

Re: Special Weapons: Updated 12-10-16 [beta]

Post by Josh771 »

Minor update today: added separate sprites for the two Desert Eagles so you can tell them apart. Also added sprites for some ammo pickups and rebalanced the amounts of ammo in the game - let me know if the new balance is too sparse.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I've been tooling around with the 12-9-16 beta and I feel as if the AW Covert is so weak as to be absolutely useless, taking several shots to down an Imp, with a long enough wait between shots that trying to kill anything else leaves you wide open to retaliatory fire.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

wildweasel wrote:I've been tooling around with the 12-9-16 beta and I feel as if the AW Covert is so weak as to be absolutely useless, taking several shots to down an Imp, with a long enough wait between shots that trying to kill anything else leaves you wide open to retaliatory fire.
Perhaps it could use a boost; its only saving grace has been its integrated suppressor, in case you want to try to pick off distant targets without alerting nearby monsters. I may look into giving it some more power.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Got my hands on some sprites recently, what do you guys think?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

@wildweasel I just uploaded r6w.pk3 again; now all sniper rifles will do increased damage while zoomed in. The AW Covert will only occasionally not drop an imp with a zoomed shot - usually that'll be one shot, one kill. Still not advisable to use the AW Covert in close quarters, although the beefier sniper rifles are kinda viable if you don't move around too much.

Actually I also changed the skill settings in MAPINFO because monsters were being made a little too healthy in harder difficulties. They now always have vanilla health, but they deal increased damage in lower difficulties (the highest remains unchanged).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Cheers, sir, I'll update and find another megawad to test on.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Image
Got my hands on some sprites recently, what do you guys think?
I think this looks stupendous, can't wait to see more!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Shivers rises once again!!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”