!!Press your +USE key to pick up weapons!
You must bind an +ALTATTACK and +RELOAD key to benefit most from this mod!
+ALTATTACK when held will toss the currently equipped weapon allowing you to pick up another, more attractive weapon of the same type. If you cannot pick up a weapon due to holding the same type then then the stats of the weapon will be displayed.
Press and hold +RELOAD to display the stats of your currently equipped weapon. This will show the current Special of the weapon, as well as the Damage, Spread, Number of Bullets and maximum amount of mods equipped.
Mod Software and Mod limits:
Mod Software are spawned randomly alongside map-placed weapons and backpacks. They also occasionally appear on marine corpses. Monsters will also rarely drop Mod Software.
Each weapon has a limited amount of Mod Software that can be equipped. This can be anywhere from 3 to 8 slots. Your pistol will always have a guaranteed 5 slots. To show the current amount of Mod Software installed and remaining slots hold down the +RELOAD key.
Mods are equipped using the INVENTORY BAR and related commands. To install Mod Software onto a weapon simply select the weapon desire to be upgraded and select the chosen mod using the INVNEXT/INVPREV keys, then hit the INVUSE key to select and equip the chosen software. Do note that you can only equip Special Mods onto a weapon that does not already have a Special class such as Incendiary, High-Explosive or Toxic.
Weapon Class & Specials:
The weapon class denotes a specific way of Stat Distribution
- Hefty - deals higher damage but with a tendency to be slightly more innacurate
- Wimpy - Deals lower damage but seems to have a higher chance to spawn with certain Specials
- Accurate - Lower spread for a more accurate shot - can go either way in regards to damage
- Close-Quarters - Wildly innacurate but higher base damage per shot.
Weapons can sometimes be a Hefty Incendiary Shotgun or a Close-Quarters Super Shotgun or even a Wimpy Chaingun. Just to note, even wimpy has benefits
Mod Software types & rarities:
Currently there are 5 types of Stat Mods and 7 types of Special Mods.
Stat mods are:
- Accuracy - Decreases the Spread of the chosen weapon by a certain amount of points
- Damage - Raises the damage of each bullet fired by a certain amount of points
- Range - Chainsaw exclusive, increases the effective range of the saw
- Speed - Rocket and Plasma exclusive, boosts the speed of the projectile fired
- Radius - Rocket Exclusive, amps up the explosive radius of the rocket projectile
Stat mods come in three flavours - Common [Bronze], Rare [Silver] and Legendary [Gold]. Common only bumps up stats by a small amount while higher rated software raises the stat considerably.
It is very easy to become over powered if you get your hands on a couple of Legendary Mods.
Special mods alter the weapon's properties in a way different to the stat distribution. Such as adding elemental or explosive attacks. The effects are known as Specials.
The Special Mods are:
Utility Upgrade Mods
- Incendiary - Deals fire damage, spreads quickly between foes - not so effective on those that deal with fire themselves.
- High Explosive - Deals extra radius damage
- Ice - freezes foes solid with a cone of frosty blades on impact.
- High-Tech - Different per weapon, per mod level basis.
- Toxic - Infects the target with a horrible disease which can be spread between monsters. Deals damage over time. Useless on boneheads.
- Vampiric - Slightly heals the player per hit
- Piercing - fires ripper blades which shred through foes, has limited range as shots are affected by gravity
There are four current utility mods in the game. In left-to-right order they are the UPGRADE Module, the SUPER UPGRADE Module, the RESET Module and the SHUFFLE Module.
- UPGRADE Module:
- This little bad-boy will massively amp up your firepower in different ways depending on your currently equipped mod. Upgraded weapons will display a * next to their name when displaying their stats dependent on their level
SUPER UPGRADE Module:
- Much rarer than the standard upgrade module, will boost your weapon to MAX LEVEL in one use. Consumes multiple mod slots.
- Removes the current Special module on the weapon, allowing you to replace it with a Special module of your choice
- ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
- BFG 9000 to be completed
- Custom HUD
- Custom sound effects and visual effects
- This mod will not work in multiplayer correctly. This has not been tested but the nature of the scripts inside are only made to consider 1 Player.
- Piercing Projectiles will stick on walls and doors, but will remain in place if a wall is lowered or a door is raised etc. so they float wherever they hit.
- The BFG is still yet to be completed
- Monsters blackened by fire when raised will still be charred.
- Some translations may not look as pretty in the Software Renderer (most notably the ice corpses)
- Split upgrades into three sequential tiers
- Chainsaw, Rocket Launcher and Plasma Rifle all have new effects and can be customised
- Weapon-exclusive modules for Chainsaw, Rocket Launcher and Plasma Rifle to alter their specific properties
- Added Shuffle, Reset and Super Upgrade mods.
- Added the Overdrive Upgrade mod which alters a weapon's Special to extreme levels.
- Tweaked Incendiary and Toxic's effectiveness on enemies (Most notably on revenants)
- Fixed ear-rape using High-Explosive modded weapons
- Tweaked High-Explosive's damage to deal (damage*3) instead of 32 damage outright.
- Made all monsters play "DSSLOP" when crushed
- Attempted to fix High-Explosive earrape
- Added tags to all the Mod Software Upgrades